Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do metal bands do outside of their music career?

Go down 
+19
Schbopo
Temple of Blood
Gilbert
MetalGuy71
Orion Crystal Ice
thejokeriv
Dave the Boss
Smindas
Olafsto
Leatherface
GrandNational
stevegarveyfan
nevermore
Metallic Blaze
DeathCult
Troublezone
Eyesore
ultmetal
Required Fields
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 9:02 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Any Phds? Lawyers? Judges? What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 3 Icon_wink

Dokken's guitarist Jon Levin is an Entertainment Attorney...

I wonder if he worked up a good deal with DOn hired him
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 5:41 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
As if they'd have time for that.

I think Dexter from the Offspring (yes I know, not metal) received a Masters n Biology or something like that at the height of his bands popularity. I don't know if he uses his degree, but there has got to be metal artists who do have high qualifications in higher education. I think recently there was a new grind band on Relapse records who were all practicing doctors.

The singer from Bad Religion is supposedly a Professor.

That's right, he teaches Biology at UCLA! And Bad Religion has been a busy band throughout their 25+ years of playing.

True. My sister is a HUGE (and I mean HUUUUUUUUUUGE) Bad Religion fan, and she even has a signed copy of his PhD thesis (at least I thought it was his thesis. Biology isn't exactly my field of expertise, so that doesn't help either What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 3 Lol).
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 6:10 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Ron Rinhart does work in a pharmacy. I SOOOOO wish that Dark Angel could pull it back together long enough to do one last tour. I never got to see those guys live.

You and me both, man. Although I doubt they'd be anywhere near where I live.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 2:35 am

Troublezone wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Any Phds? Lawyers? Judges? What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 3 Icon_wink

I believe Ron Reinhart (or another dude from Dark Angel, I no longer remember) is a pharmicist, so he's got some sort of degree.

I heard Don Doty was or is a car salesman.
Someone on here mentioned he was a cop. I've also read in the past he was a housing inspector.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 9:23 am

I wonder if any of them do what some of the guys I knew in college did for beer money. I went to ODU in Norfolk, VA near the Jones Institute for reproductive studies and they would get paid to donate to the sperm bank. They were making money hand over fist!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 10:12 am

What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 3 Lol
Yeah right "some guys from college".
Ever wonder how many small jokeriv`s there are running around in the Norfolk area?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 8:50 pm

Olafsto wrote:
What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 3 Lol
Yeah right "some guys from college".
Ever wonder how many small jokeriv`s there are running around in the Norfolk area?

What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 3 328982
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 9:04 pm

LOL!!!! Seriously, I didn't, but I knew people that did!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 9:24 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
LOL!!!! Seriously, I didn't, but I knew people that did!

I've heard of that before. How much money did they pay them for that?

I could never do that myself. It would seem so weird knowing that you have all kinds of kids out there - with your dna. Creepy.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 9:14 pm

One member of Acid Reign did stand-up comedy.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 9:19 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
Mark Shelton from Manilla Road used to be a professional golfer

That reminds me, Bob Rusay (ex-Cannibal Corpse guitarist) is/was a golf instructor.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 9:42 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
Mark Shelton from Manilla Road used to be a professional golfer

What? Are you sure you aren't confusing him with Greg "The Shark" Norman? - as if I expect a response from a six year old post! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 9:17 am

My brother recently came back into contact with the former drummer of the now-defunct NJ thrash/death metal band Revenant, whose name utterly escapes me at the moment (I think it's Will something-or-other...). He works retail in the same shopping center that my brother does, so they've been hanging out and reminiscing about the old metal daze.

According to my bro, Revenant's lead vocalist/guitarist Henry Veggian is now a college professor in North Carolina. I don't know what subject he teaches tho.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 9:28 am

Duff McKagan got a finance degree and started his own financial consulting firm aimed towards people in the biz
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 9:38 am

Addy wrote:
Duff McKagan got a finance degree and started his own financial consulting firm aimed towards people in the biz

Duff's either a genius, or the luckiest S.O.B. that ever lived. In his book he sez that when the original GnR lineup broke up in the early 90s, he went home to Seattle and decided to invest some of his GnR money in "a couple of local Seattle businesses" that were just starting to get off the ground. One was Starbucks, the other was Amazon. Talk about steppin' in you-know-what. lol!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 11:51 am

Yeah right, If only the rest of us could step in such good stuff

The whole thing where he played a show with Axl and his lineup stemmed from a business trip (for his consulting company) turns out he was staying just a few doors down from Axl.

He got his degree from Seattle University I cant remember when he enrolled but in the late 90s I briefly lived on that campus.

I think maybe it was a bit of both luck and brains heh

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do metal bands do outside of their music career?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: