Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do metal bands do outside of their music career?

Go down 
+19
Schbopo
Temple of Blood
Gilbert
MetalGuy71
Orion Crystal Ice
thejokeriv
Dave the Boss
Smindas
Olafsto
Leatherface
GrandNational
stevegarveyfan
nevermore
Metallic Blaze
DeathCult
Troublezone
Eyesore
ultmetal
Required Fields
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 3:17 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I read somewhere that Ted Poley of Danger Danger works at K-Mart. But don't quote me on that. Quote Fat Freddy.
I think Freddy just said that he met Poley there, rather than Poley was the clerk. Never know, though.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Smindas wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I read somewhere that Ted Poley of Danger Danger works at K-Mart. But don't quote me on that. Quote Fat Freddy.
I think Freddy just said that he met Poley there, rather than Poley was the clerk. Never know, though.

Smindas, I realize you're a full continent away, so the joke might take a little longer to land over there. Just wait a little bit more and you should see it coming over the horizon shortly. What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 2 Icon_wink

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 5:06 pm

...for the life of me, I can't figure it out. Oh dear.

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 5:12 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
How many work at music stores or teach music? I think Lynch does and i've heard of others but the names escape me at the moment.

A lot of them do that...a lot also run their own studios...Fred Coury (Cinderella) & Mark Zonder (ex-Fates Warning) both do that...as do Harry Hess & Creighton Doane (both from Harem Scarem)
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 12:20 pm

Any Phds? Lawyers? Judges? What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 2 Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 12:29 pm

As if they'd have time for that.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 6:07 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

I think Dexter from the Offspring (yes I know, not metal) received a Masters n Biology or something like that at the height of his bands popularity. I don't know if he uses his degree, but there has got to be metal artists who do have high qualifications in higher education. I think recently there was a new grind band on Relapse records who were all practicing doctors.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 6:22 pm

Isn't Brian May a brain surgeon or something?
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 6:24 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Never heard anything about that, but I know he has a phd in astrophysics.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 8:08 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Any Phds? Lawyers? Judges? What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 2 Icon_wink

I believe Ron Reinhart (or another dude from Dark Angel, I no longer remember) is a pharmicist, so he's got some sort of degree.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 8:13 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I believe Ron Reinhart (or another dude from Dark Angel, I no longer remember) is a pharmicist, so he's got some sort of degree.

A degree doesn't necessarily mean anything, right DC? I mean don't you have a degree in Smokology?
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 8:18 pm

Schbopo wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

Never heard anything about that, but I know he has a phd in astrophysics.

Good one. He's now Dr. Brian May. But to be fair, I think he had the time and money to pursue his PhD.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 8:25 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

A degree doesn't necessarily mean anything, right DC? I mean don't you have a degree in Smokology?

Yes, and now I teach the class at the learning annex.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 10:02 pm

Matt from Feast Eternal is a mail carrier. TJ, from Feast Eternal works in a nursing home
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 10:33 pm

Ron Rinhart does work in a pharmacy. I SOOOOO wish that Dark Angel could pull it back together long enough to do one last tour. I never got to see those guys live.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 3:22 am

I saw Dark Angel live.

It was probably a bad night for them though. They blew.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:21 am

Remember when David Lee Roth worked briefly as an Emergeny Medical Technician?

"Diamond Dave here to drive you to the hospital. Somebody get me a doctor!!Whoooooooaaa!"

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:27 am

DeathCult wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I heard Don Doty was or is a car salesman.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:29 am

GrandNational wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

I think Dexter from the Offspring (yes I know, not metal) received a Masters n Biology or something like that at the height of his bands popularity. I don't know if he uses his degree, but there has got to be metal artists who do have high qualifications in higher education. I think recently there was a new grind band on Relapse records who were all practicing doctors.

The singer from Bad Religion is supposedly a Professor.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:31 am

I believe Mark Briody of Jag Panzer does film/video editing for television commercials.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 3:09 pm

Troublezone wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

The singer from Bad Religion is supposedly a Professor.

That's right, he teaches Biology at UCLA! And Bad Religion has been a busy band throughout their 25+ years of playing.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 1:23 am

Fenriz from Darkthrone works in the Bergen post office, I believe.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 1:24 am

GrandNational wrote:
I think recently there was a new grind band on Relapse records who were all practicing doctors.

The County Medical Examiners
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 1:32 am

stevegarveyfan wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
I think recently there was a new grind band on Relapse records who were all practicing doctors.

The County Medical Examiners

That's the one What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 2 778825
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 7:16 am

Gilbert wrote:

Dokken's guitarist Jon Levin is an Entertainment Attorney...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do metal bands do outside of their music career?   What do metal bands do outside of their music career? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do metal bands do outside of their music career?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next