Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style

Go down 
+21
EvyMetal
Jesusandmetal23
Sutekh
Neuropete
Hamer12
ultmetal
James B.
the sentinel
kmorg
AlbertMond
QuothTheRaven
rattpoison
Metallic Blaze
Fat Freddy
Dave the Boss
thejokeriv
manny
SAHB Healer
tohostudios
Orion Crystal Ice
Schbopo
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 8:48 am

I love the Scorpions and that is killer track, and Molly Hatchet with the late great Danny Joe Brown kicks ass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 12:58 pm

The Scorpions rocked my world hard as a teen. Ever see those light shows they used to put to rock music? The Scorps one was one of the best.

Not a huge Hatchet fan but I do like that song.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 5:18 pm

And now it's time for the HAIR METAL EXTRAVAGANZA where I wipe out all the non-Motley Crue hair metal in one fell swoop!

42. Winger-Seventeen
The bass player from Alice Cooper, Kip Winger, hooked up with guitarist-extraordinaire Reb Beach and quickly rode to hair metal stardom on this classic ode to jailbait. I can't really give a lot of reasons for this one being awesome. It's just got a classic (but creepy) chorus and some wicked guitar antics. Winger might be remembered as some "poser" band, but I can dig them.

41. White Lion-Wait
Okay, it becomes clear the second this tune comes on that White Lion might possibly be the wimpiest of all the hair-metal bands, which is saying a lot. Mike Tramp has this obnoxiously high, whiny voice that just makes you want to slit his throat. Still, if you can look past that, "Wait" is a decent hard rock tune and made a great 'credibility' song for White Lion. What really sets it above the rest is Vito Bratta's guitar solo. He was no doubt the best hair metal guitarist, with a truly unique style and tone, and this solo captures that better than any other.

40. Whitesnake-Still Of The Night
You remember the video for this song where David Coverdale gets arrested by the Sex Police at the end? That was awesome. Oh, and the song is good too. It's a dark and moody masterpiece that at times recalls the vintage Led Zeppelin sound. All the ingredients for a classic are in place for this one: a kickass guitar riff, some shrieky Coverdale vocals, an epic middle section, and of course.....really big hair. David insists that his hair wasn't the only reason for his success, but I think it has something to do with it.

39. WASP-F*ck Like A Beast
Can't say I'm a big WASP fan, but I love this tune. It's so darn filthy yet so blisteringly heavy that you just want to go tie yourself naked to a chair and burn yourself with lit cigarettes (well, maybe that's just me...). Anyway, Blackie and co. certainly knew that controversy sells, and it could also rock outrageously hard. Oh yeah, and the single cover with the dude who has a razor blade on his crotch. That was cool.

38. Europe-The Final Countdown
Europe's classic space odyssey, "The Final Countdown" featured the ultra-pretty Joey Tempest, some fiery guitar solos....but you don't care about that. You just care about the keyboard riff. Well, I don't blame you. It's so bloody awesome! "DADADA, da! DADADA, da dun! DADADA, da! DADADAdundunDUNDA!!" That majestic riff is reason enough for this song to land a place on the list.

37. RATT-Lack Of Communication
Unlike most hair-metal bands, RATT were actually pretty heavy. If you don't believe me, look no further than this heavy metal monster from their debut. That opening guitar riff is just classic. Warren DeMartini shreds and Stephen Pearcy totally wails. Bombastically heavy and yet commercially acceptable, it's like Judas Priest meets Aerosmith, which is what hair metal was supposed to be.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 5:26 pm

well I am disappointed...'Wild Child' is clearly the superior song and a classic by any stretch...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 6:02 pm

White Lion made me want to slit my own throat.

Whitesnake is awesome, Coverdale is a vocal master.

Europe- 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 7 288219

Ratt had some great bluesy songs, not a huge fan but their greatest hits is worth owning.

I like a lot of WASP, expecially as they got more thoughtful.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 7:21 pm

Winger - one of my all time favorite bands. love em.

White Lion - Love em. Another fave of mine.

Whitesnake - I like em, but they're not a top fave.

WASP - Freekin love em!!!

Europe - Another fave of mine.

Ratt - easily one of my all time favorite bands.

You hit the jackpot on this post Schbopop.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 8:41 pm

Winger - GREAT song even if it is a if she's old enough to bleed she's old enough for me song

White Lion - LOVE Wait - this song has one of the of not the best solo ever in a pop metal song! Vito just shreds - melodic and shredding!!!!

W.A.S.P. - Blackie's ode to masterbation, good song

Ratt - great song from a great album
Back to top Go down
AlbertMond
Metal novice
Metal novice
AlbertMond

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 9:02 pm

"F*ck Like a Beast" is great, just how sleazy and obnoxious it seems. It's also really heavy, and maybe the closest a hair metal group ever got to the sort of thing An*l C**t would be doing later.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 4:18 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Winger - GREAT song even if it is a if she's old enough to bleed she's old enough for me song

100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 7 Lol 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 7 201269
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 9:15 am

Winger-I like this guys and got to see them live back in the day opening up for Bad Company nowhere near my favs, but this is a cool song.

White Lion-Pretty boy rockers who had the underrated Vitto on guitar, another band nowhere near my favs but this is the best song from this LP

Whitesnake-As a Deep Purple fanboy I of course followed David Coverdale's career, and I do like Whitesnake but again not one of fav bands, but I like this song even more then I did when it was originally released.

W.A.S.P.-I am huge fan of this sexual perverts and sadly nobody writes love songs quite like Blackie does.

Europe-I am somewhat of a fan of this guys, but man was this song and album very different then their previous albums.

Ratt-Again not huge fan, but I have always like this song and Warren DeMartini had a killer guitar tone.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 7:31 pm

36. Sex Pistols-God Save The Queen
The best punk band ever released their one and only album, the classic "Never Mind The Bollocks" in 1977, and although every last song was injected with raw aggression and energy, it comes off as its catchiest and most accessible in their most covered hit, the scathing attack against the British figurehead "God Save The Queen". Crunchy power chords and the intentionally "bad" vocals of Mr. Rotten make this song one of the most powerful and longest-standing punk songs ever recorded. Plus, it's just a big middle finger to ol' Elizabeth! How awesome is that? In best Jack Black voice: Stickin' it to the man!

35. Velvet Revolver-She Builds Quick Machines
The Guns n' Roses members who actually had talent join up with that guy from STP and release some kickass modern hard rock with a heavy grunge flavor, and this classic from their second record shows them at their peak. Great guitar riff in this one, with a blistering solo that shows that Slash can still shred the frets off his Les Paul, and Scott Weiland's uniquely deep, grungey voice lends a lot to it, making something really unique and something that sounds exactly like it is: a cross of GNR and STP. Epic.

34. The Amboy Dukes-Journey To The Center Of The Mind
Long before Ted Nugent made a name for himself as a solo artist and political whackjob, he was the lead guitarist of acid rockers The Amboy Dukes, who's sole hit was this classic drugged-up hard rocker. That pummeling gallop riff that leads the song is one of the heaviest things to come out of the 60's, with Ted adding all his guitar prowess into the mix. One of the greatest songs of the psychedelic era and one that certainly took the heaviness up a few notches. Take a ride to the land inside and you'll see how happy life could be if all of mankind would take the time to journey to the center of the mind...
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 5:45 pm

33. Autograph-Turn Up The Radio
I'm not sure why I forgot to put this one in with the hair metal extravaganza...anyway, "Turn Up The Radio" was pretty much the only hit the laughably cheesy hair metal band Autograph had. Seriously, these guys make Nitro and Poison look downright subtle. Still, this is one of the classics of this era, with a sound so sugary-sweet and nonthreatening and a chorus that will never, EVER leave. So what if they tried to rhyme "radio" with "more"? So what if Steve Lynch was one of the guys to make two-handed tapping so overused in the 80's? Just listen and turn up the radio!

32. Queens Of The Stone Age-No One Knows
Stoner rockers QOTSA made their mark on the world of modern rock with this dare-to-be-different classic. One of the jerkiest and most uncomfortable guitar riffs of all time is the centerpiece of this one. Possibly the catchiest drumbeat ever composed, too. The video where the band gets killed by deer was also pretty friggin' cool. Queens are one of the best modern rock bands, and this jerky, near robotic hard rocker is still one of their crowning achievements.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 7:06 pm

Sex Pistols are freakin awesome!!!!!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 7:26 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

Ditto!!! 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 7 11840 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 7 11840

Wow, it's like your in my head, brother. The 3 of us need to get together sometime. (And hang out with all the other peolpe in my head! Bwahahhahaha!!!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 8:01 pm

Autograph's singer-Best Hair EVER!!!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 8:14 pm

Autograph RULES!!!

Sex Pistols RULE!!!

Good calls on both.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 8:14 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Ditto!!! 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 7 11840 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 7 11840

Wow, it's like your in my head, brother. The 3 of us need to get together sometime. (And hang out with all the other peolpe in my head! Bwahahhahaha!!!)

100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 7 11840
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 10:41 pm

31. Brownsville Station-Smokin' In The Boys Room
The criminally overlooked hard rockers Brownsville Station are undoubtedly known only for this song (I can't whine, it's all I know by them too) but if you're going to be a "one hit wonder", this is the way to do it. The raw attitude of this tune is enough to power a small city, with it's instantly recognizable guitar riff and the rebellious lyrics given life by the raspy blues singing of the one and only Cub Koda. As for that Motley Crue cover of this...it's okay, but this original is so timeless, it's pretty tough to beat.

30. Jethro Tull-Locomotive Breath
Prog-rockers Jethro Tull gave the world a plethora of classic hard-rock songs in addition to a lot of more folk oriented stuff, but the dark, plodding "Locomotive Breath" remains their masterpiece as well as their biggest hit. With musical genius Ian Anderson at the helm, they're hard to beat. This tune is pure brilliance in every aspect. The lyrics use a train wreck as an allegory for a man's life falling apart, and the arrangements reflect this. The song chugs along like a freight train going off the rails, and it even has a flute solo! How many rock radio staples have had flute solos? Not too many, so you've got to give the Tull credit where it's due.

29. Cream-White Room
One of the most influential bands of all time, blues-rock power trio Cream also wrote some of the best songs ever, my personal favorite being this acid rock anthem. Clapton's bluesy, distorted guitar is a perfect foil to the jazz sounds of Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker, which gives some credibility to my belief that Cream was the only good thing Clapton ever did. Of course this stands as another one of those rare songs that have verses catchier than the chorus, and damn if it isn't infectious...

28. Heart-Magic Man
Led by the Wilson sisters and that guy who looked a lot like Luke Skywalker on guitar, Heart is one of those bands that proved that chicks could rock every bit as hard as dudes. Ann has a great, GREAT voice, and Nancy is pretty freakin' good on that axe. Their first single, "Magic Man" is still one of their finest moments and definitely near the top of the 70's "classic rock" heap. You gotta love that big trippy instrumental section in the middle. All in all, Heart were/are just a killer band, and this tune should adequately display their badassness. Try, try, try, to understand....
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 10:47 pm

I love the Sex Pistols, one of the top bands of all time.

Velvet Revolver, is the good if somewhat overrated band and this song is the best one they recorded.

I am huge Ted Nugent fans despite the fact I hate his politics one can not deny his talent and this song by the Amboy Dukes is a classic.

Not a huge fan of Autograph, catchy song but not a huge fan of this pop metal rockers.

Queens of the Stone Age kicks ass

Jethro Tull rules.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 4:52 am

Cream -love those little licks and fills Clapton sneaks into the verses (not to mention the solo at the end). Tull, Whitesnake, Sex Pistols, Heart (THAT voice!)... loving this list!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 6:12 am

I have never been a fan of Brownsville Station and I actually prefer Motley Crue's version, but not by many degrees since I just loathe the song.

Cream's White Room is one of my favorite songs by this band and one of the best songs of the 60's.

Heart is a great band and not given enough credit for the innovators that they truly where, and Nancy Wilson is an excellent guitarist as the song proves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:07 pm

You're giving me some serious flashbacks with those last four.

Only good thing Clapton did? Blasphemy!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 1:10 pm

Schbopo wrote:
33. Autograph-Turn Up The Radio
So what if they tried to rhyme "radio" with "more"?

To be fair, they did sing it as "I need the music, gimme some mo'" so it would rhyme.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:07 pm

27. Bad Company-Bad Company
Bad Company's "Bad Company", from the album Bad Company (cool huh?)...what a classic song. The opening piano riff sets the mood, giving way to this haunting, moody masterpiece. Straight out of a western flick, Paul Rodgers and co. manage to be spooky and atmospheric and still rock harder than most. Most BC tunes are pretty much typical mid 70's blues-based hard rock, but this self-titled tune manages to rise above the pack, being one of the best of the whole bunch.

26. The Cult-Fire Woman
One of the 80's greatest rock bands, The Cult took the glam-rock thing and actually made it sort of not lame. They added their own unique classic-rock twist on the genre and cranked it up as loud as possible, but avoiding sounding like some crap like GnR. The vocalist, Ian Astbury, is like a Jim Morrison doing hard rock, and the guitarist had some tasty licks all over this album. The crystal-clear production belies the true nature of this song: raw, raunchy, heavy rock n' roll! Meant to be played loud and proud!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 7:36 am

Bad Company is IMO a great band, at least in the Paul Rodgers era, and this song is the best one they ever wrote and performed.

The Cult, a great band and from the brilliant 'Sonic Temple' LP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next