Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style

Go down 
+21
EvyMetal
Jesusandmetal23
Sutekh
Neuropete
Hamer12
ultmetal
James B.
the sentinel
kmorg
AlbertMond
QuothTheRaven
rattpoison
Metallic Blaze
Fat Freddy
Dave the Boss
thejokeriv
manny
SAHB Healer
tohostudios
Orion Crystal Ice
Schbopo
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
AlbertMond
Metal novice
Metal novice
AlbertMond

Number of posts : 11

100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 2:56 am

Good call on Grand Funk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 1:02 pm

Kickstart My Heart sticks in your head, that's for sure.

GFR is such a stellar band and deserve all the accolades they get.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 2:13 pm

I used to love 'Kick Start My Heart' but I have heard that song way tooo many times.

I have in the last few years rediscovered Grand Funk Railroad, so that was a surprising and inspired choice.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 3:41 pm

I love Kickstart My Heart. Dr Feelgood is probably my favorite Crüe disc.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 7:59 pm

50. Sweet-Fox On The Run
The quintessential glam-rock band, Sweet were just awesome. This song about groupies was originally recorded on the "Desolation Boulevard" album, but it wasn't until a rerecorded version popped up on "Give Us A Wink" that it became a classic. Filled to the brim with typical 70's over-the-top guitars and synthesizers, the new version became one of their biggest and best hits. This is one of those rare occasions where the verses are probably more infectious than the chorus! The raw rock n' roll voice of Brian Connolly gives this song so much energy that you have to love it. Once again, Sweet were just awesome.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 8:12 pm

Halfway there, folks. Here's the list so far:
100-Cheap Trick: She's Tight
99-Spinal Tap: Hell Hole
98-Golden Earring: Radar Love
97-Aldo Nova: Fantasy
96-REM: What's The Frequency Kenneth?
95-Beastie Boys: Fight For Your Right To Party
94-Blue Cheer: Summertime Blues
93-Nitro: Freight Train
92-Andrew WK: Party Hard
91-Sammy Hagar: Heavy Metal
90-Lenny Kravitz: Are You Gonna Go My Way
89-Status Quo: Carolilne
88-David Lee Roth: Just Like Paradise
87-The Stooges: No Fun
86-Loudness: Crazy Doctor
85-Asia: Heat Of The Moment
84-Primus: Too Many Puppies
83-April Wine: Roller
82-UFO: Too Hot To Handle
81-Head East: Never Been Any Reason
80-Chicago: 25 Or 6 To 4
79-Savatage: Power Of The Night
78-Riot: Swords And Tequila
77-Bachman Turner Overdrive: Roll On Down The Highway
76-Angel: Tower
75-Heroes Del Silencio: Avalancha
74-J Geils Band: Love Stinks
73-The Beatles: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
72-Robert Palmer: Addicted To Love
71-Billy Squier: The Stroke
70-The Ramones: Do You Remember Rock N' Roll Radio
69-Humble Pie: 30 Days In The Hole
68-Foreigner: Hot Blooded
67-King Crimson: 21st Century Schizoid Man
66-Eagles: Life In The Fast Lane
65-Def Leppard: Let's Ge Rocked
64-Pearl Jam: Jeremy
63-Styx: Renegade
62-The Mission: Deliverance
61-White Zombie: Black Sunshine
60-Ram Jam: Black Betty
59-Boston: Don't Look Back
58-The Guess Who: American Woman
57-Rainbow: Man On The Silver Mountain
56-Nazareth: Hair Of The Dog
55-Saxon: Princess Of The Night
54-Journey: Wheel In The Sky
53-Motley Crue: Kickstart My Heart
52-Steppenwolf: Don't Step On The Grass, Sam
51-Grand Funk Railroad: Inside Looking Out
50-Sweet: Fox On The Run
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 8:32 pm

Love the Sweet glad to see they made your list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:21 pm

So many bands owe Sweet it's not funny. An underappreciated band that wrote so many awesome sons.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:50 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Once again, Sweet were just awesome.

Indeed. That says it all.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 8:19 pm

Yeah, The Sweet is good stuff!!!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 10:05 pm

49. Alice In Chains-Them Bones
The always creepy grunge of AIC was at its most disturbing on "Them Bones". It's 2 minutes and 32 seconds of sludgy heavy metal like you would expect, but it's also pretty friggin' dark and morbid, so you're not sure whether you want to thrash out or go lament and brood over the meaninglessness of your life. Either way, Layne wails and Jerry shreds, so it's a winner in my book.

48. Joe Walsh-Life's Been Good
Joe Walsh is one of the best guitarists of all time, and "Life's Been Good" also shows that he knows how to write some great songs too. This song is meant as his little statement on the rock n' roll lifestyle, a kind of Walsh-philosophical number wrought with humor...and kickass guitar riffs. Joe's unique charisma and of course his raw virtuosity on the ol' axe make this one essential listening. If you don't have this in your collection somewhere, get it now.

Last edited by Schbopo on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 10:44 pm

Them Bones is such an AWESOME, AWESOME song!!!!!
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 4:35 pm

Good call on the AIC! I always liked them. even though they are "grunge." Now, before you all yell, I know, they were the most metal of the Seattle bands and probably were mislabeled. Whatever, great tune! 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 6 Icon_biggrin

Joe Walsh is a great pick. Agreed that he is one of the best guitarists and songwriters in rock. Love "Life's Been Good," "Rocky Mountain Way," and "The Confessor." I also like the quirky "Ordinary Average Guy."
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 9:21 pm

I love Alice In Chains, and great choice.

I am not a fan of Joe Walsh but I do like this tune.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 9:12 pm

47. MC5-Kick Out The Jams
One of the first, best, and loudest proto-metal punk rock bands, the politically charged Motor City 5 succeeded in sticking it to the man on their debut record. Loaded with an energetic live performance, some choice guitar work, and one of the most memorable song intros ever. I can just imagine all the angry parents. Right now...right now...right now it's time to....KICK OUT THE JAMS, MUTHAFUCKAH!!!!

46. Bon Jovi-Livin' On A Prayer
Ah, the lame-ass hair metal band Bon Jovi. Well, for as dumb and cheesy as their music is, it's still pretty catchy, as best shown on possibly their biggest hit ever, "Livin On A Prayer". It's about a guy named Tommy...who's poor. He's shagging up with some waitress named Gina...who's also poor. They resolve to "hold on to what they've got" and stand tall through their circumstances. I think ol' Jon was trying to make this a heartwarming tale of a couple's struggle, but it's just downright laughable. Still, we get some decent guitar riffs and a chorus that I guarantee you'll never forget, so I guess it isn't a total waste.

45. Doobie Brothers-China Grove

Blues based, 3-chord, boogie-down rock n' roll. The Doobies never fit that description more accurately than on "China Grove". It's as basic as it gets, but it sure makes you want to move! Don't have a lot to add about this one, just that it's one of those songs that shows the best of what 70's hard-rock had to offer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:58 pm

Sometimes being basic is better and the Doobies knew what their strengths were.
Bon Jovi seems to be on of those love or hate em bands but they could write some great songs.
Great calls on AIC and Walsh.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 2:32 am

Doobies- China Grove.

Classic rock songs that I never get sick of are few and far between, but this is one of them. I've enjoyed that song every time I've heard it, which has been...quite a few times now 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 6 Icon_smile I didn't expect you to list it, nice surprise there.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 8:27 am

Great choice with MC5 tune, I do like Bon Jovi but schnoppy is right the lyrics to that song are downright laughable.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 9:02 am

manny wrote:
Great choice with MC5 tune, I do like Bon Jovi but schnoppy is right the lyrics to that song are downright laughable.

LOL!!! I think Johnny Boy was trying to write a Bruce Springsteen type lyrics about the struggles of the working class in New Jersey....... and it didn't quite turn out like Bruce Springsteen lyrics about the struggles of working class people from New Jersey
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 11:10 am

thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:

LOL!!! I think Johnny Boy was trying to write a Bruce Springsteen type lyrics about the struggles of the working class in New Jersey....... and it didn't quite turn out like Bruce Springsteen lyrics about the struggles of working class people from New Jersey

Aw, come on! he's down on his luck...it's tough! Don't you guys know that it didn't make a difference if he made it or not? They had each other, people, and that is alot! At least they gave it a shot.
It's heartwrenching stuff... real honest to goodness dram 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 6 201269

But seriously, that cheese played over and over during my high school years, and over they years I have grown nostalgic. Still slap on Slippery When Wet on the CD changer sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 2:28 am

Love Bon Jovi. They're actually one of my fave hard rock bands.

I always loved that song too. Thought the lyrics were pretty good myself. At least they had meaning and weren't just about getting laid like most bands at the time were writing about.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 6:14 pm

My internet is out. I had to go down to Flying Star just to get on here, so there'll be a little hiatus until it comes back on. Won't see much of me for a while.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 7:44 am

Schbopo wrote:
My internet is out. I had to go down to Flying Star just to get on here, so there'll be a little hiatus until it comes back on. Won't see much of me for a while.

Hope you get it fixed soon!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 11:00 pm

44. Scorpions-The Zoo
The Scorpions, the best thing to come out of Germany since lederhosen, gave the world one helluva metal song in 1980's "The Zoo". Featuring the dual guitar chops of Matthias Jabs and Rudolf Schenker, this song has one of the coolest and darkest-sounding verses in a metal song ever. That dark, twisted blues riff (Cha-chunk, cha-chunk, cha-chunk!), the wah-wah guitar solos and the low, brooding wail of Klaus Meine plods along like a freight train until it builds up to that anthemic chorus. As one critic noted, it's both "ominously slow and melodically accessible,". I think that says it all really.

43. Molly Hatchet-Flirtin' With Disaster
The genre of southern rock was a big thing in the 70's, but Molly Hatchet had their own unique spin on it. They all but abandoned the country and folk influence that bands like Skynyrd and Marshall Tucker had and replaced them with loud, overdriven hard rock guitars! Their crowning achievement and biggest hit by far was the classic "Flirtin' With Disaster". Danny Joe Brown's powerful voice against some crunchy guitar riffs make this one, all leading up to one of the greatest dueling solos ever. Hatchet never really got out of the shadow of some of their competitors, but this tune stands as one of southern rock's greatest moments and one of the best songs to rock in the car too.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 8:43 am

Molly Hatchet is one of my favorite Southern Rock bands. Good call with "Flirtin'..." Gator Country is also a fun romp!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next