Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style

Go down 
+21
EvyMetal
Jesusandmetal23
Sutekh
Neuropete
Hamer12
ultmetal
James B.
the sentinel
kmorg
AlbertMond
QuothTheRaven
rattpoison
Metallic Blaze
Fat Freddy
Dave the Boss
thejokeriv
manny
SAHB Healer
tohostudios
Orion Crystal Ice
Schbopo
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 3:01 pm

Im not a big fan of Jimi alot just doesnt do much for me but you cant deny his contributions and talent. I wouldnt say he's overrated though

Imagine what he would have done had he lived longer
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 6:28 pm

I like your cheating to add extras.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 9:44 pm

And now, just to buy some time before the grand finale, another installment of STUFF I HATE MYSELF FOR FORGETTING!!

Night Ranger-(You Can Still) Rock In America
Night Ranger were less heavy and more melodic than your average hair metal band, but they also had 1000x better songwriting, evident in their biggest non-power ballad hit, the cheesy yet hard rocking "(You Can Still) Rock In America". I mean, just the title and lyrics are enough to make any fan of Bob Dylan or Bruce Springsteen cringe (I can't stand either, but you get my point). Still, the kind-of patriotic chorus is so darn catchy, I doubt they'll care. Jack Blades thumpin' the bass and belting out the lyrics clad in an American flag vest...it doesn't get more rock n' roll than that. The best part is the guitar solo section. Brad Gillis' style on guitar is mostly straightforward shredding, but with a unique use of tremolo and manipulation of feedback, which contrasts with the 8-FINGER TAPPING (holy sh!t, Batman...) from Joel Hoekstra. This is a timeless rock anthem that should have really reserved a spot in the "Hair Metal Extravaganza", because it's definitely on the top of the genre.

The Who-The Real Me

The very fact that I forgot to work in The Who, one of the greatest rock bands ever, makes me want to punch myself in the eye. I mean, they were one of the groups that invented hard rock, or at least perfected it. This tune off the classic "Quadrophenia" rock opera, is a personal favorite of mine, and it has all the energy and ass-kicking power that The Who are known for. Townshend, Daltry, Entwistle and Moon, the ultimate hard rock lineup, all deliver fantastic performances. Really, I can find absolutely no flaws with this song (except maybe the lack of lead guitar). It fits into the story of the album flawlessly without compromising any of its crunchiness. The Who in their prime were simply the greatest hard rock group out there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:26 am

Can I punch you in the eye instead? 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 11 Icon_biggrin Good list man.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:16 pm

I've always loved Night Ranger. Great band, and that song is awesome.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:44 pm

I love the Who, great song.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:41 pm

The Who and Nightranger are both two excellent bands! I'm a fan of both!

Good calls there buddy!

100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 11 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 12:12 am

Are we done yet? 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 11 Lol If I see "1.25," I'll scream.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 12:41 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
I've always loved Night Ranger. Great band, and that song is awesome.

Don't Tell Me You Love Me is like the best rock song ever!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 6:01 pm

Okay, since I've cheated quite a bit and since people seem to care again, let's wrap this up.

And the single greatest hard rock song ever is...

1. Queen-Tie Your Mother Down
It seems there are quite a few Queen haters on this board, and to them I say...f*ck you with a shotgun, cuz' Queen rules. One of the most diverse rock bands ever, they could go from a cheesy ballad to a progressive odyssey to a stompin' heavy metal anthem, and "Tie Your Mother Down" is certainly the latter and is in my very significant opinion the single greatest hard rock song ever written. It just don't get any better than this, folks. First off, you've got a bitchin' guitar intro that foreshadows the awesome power that is coming your way. Of course the very memorable guitar riff that busts in about a minute in certainly helps things out. Brian May's tasty licks here would send the Black Sabbath guys into hiding. Hell, even Freddie Mercury, who's usually all flamboyant and stuff, belts out some uber-tough lyrics in the manliest way possible. The rhythm section is pounding, the vocals are spot-on, the guitar solos are crunchy...it's just the perfect hard rock song. Guaranteed to make anybody a Queen fan or your money back.

Okay, it's over. Now get outta here.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 6:14 pm

Ahh, my faith is restored in you. 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 11 11840
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 6:17 pm

Oh wow. The disappointment is too great to bear.

100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 11 798255
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 6:41 pm

It's a good song but it doesn't even come close to being the best of their catalog. Imho of course.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 7:30 pm

Good #1 Queen is Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 11:52 pm

Song that should've been number one:

Led Zeppelin - The Battle of Evermore

100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 11 25679

J/K and just messin' with you Schobob.

This is your thread, not mine. But seriously. That'd be my pick here.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 10:08 am

I am not even sure i could do a top 100 that detailed I probobly could but would take awhile to figure out who goes where
Back to top Go down
TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 12:08 pm

Good list. And I think Queen does deserve to be in first!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 6:30 pm

GrimBeornTheOld wrote:
Good list. And I think Queen does deserve to be in first!

100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 11 19976

J/K

100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 11 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11