Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Always wondered why these bands weren't "bigger"...

Go down 
+22
Hamer12
skullsmasher
Wargod
kmorg
stepcousin
Dave the Boss
Metallic Blaze
rattpoison
Required Fields
thejokeriv
James B.
stars destroy
Eyesore
Temple of Blood
Schbopo
MetalFRO
manny
Thrasher73
sheets
T-Roy
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Always wondered why these bands weren't "bigger"... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Always wondered why these bands weren't "bigger"...   Always wondered why these bands weren't "bigger"... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 4:40 pm

I think it just goes to show how powerful media and marketing really is. A lot of what I listened to as I was getting into Metal as a kid in '84-87 (age 10 to 13) was prescribed by MTV and the dude behind the counter at the local (and only) Mom and Pop record store. It's funny how the output of these 3 bands holds up better than the output of a lot of the bands I "loved" from the same time frame. I also think image (of each of the bands and that of their peers) played a huge part in how successful an act was. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Always wondered why these bands weren't "bigger"...   Always wondered why these bands weren't "bigger"... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 12:27 am

I agree with Ult on Nasty Savage. They were a great band - and had the ingrediants to be quite successful.

Another good example.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Always wondered why these bands weren't "bigger"...   Always wondered why these bands weren't "bigger"... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 12:28 am

I might also add Lizzy Borden and Killer Dwarfs to the thread.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Always wondered why these bands weren't "bigger"...   Always wondered why these bands weren't "bigger"... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 12:38 am

What about Vicious Rumors? They could have been big with the right support and marketing.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Always wondered why these bands weren't "bigger"...   Always wondered why these bands weren't "bigger"... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 12:40 am

GrandNational wrote:
What about Vicious Rumors? They could have been big with the right support and marketing.

That's one of those bands I've heard a lot about - but never heard. Should I check them out?
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Always wondered why these bands weren't "bigger"...   Always wondered why these bands weren't "bigger"... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 1:26 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

That's one of those bands I've heard a lot about - but never heard. Should I check them out?

Yes. The latest album Warball has James Rivera on vocals and it's straight up heavy metal as it should sound. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Always wondered why these bands weren't "bigger"...   Always wondered why these bands weren't "bigger"... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 8:11 am

I think that Vicious Rumors have an unfortunate name. Their name sounded sort of LA-glammy, yet their direction was that of power metal like Metal Church and Meliah Rage.

Lizzy Borden are yet another of those bands that were huge in California back in the day, yet never gained much attention outside of the state.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Always wondered why these bands weren't "bigger"...   Always wondered why these bands weren't "bigger"... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 8:16 am

Savage Grace

PostSubject: Re: Always wondered why these bands weren't "bigger"...   Always wondered why these bands weren't "bigger"... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Always wondered why these bands weren't "bigger"...
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3