Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..

Go down 
+40
chewie
Stender
Lari
Jesusandmetal23
JDC
metalinmyveins
MetalFRO
Troublezone
Dave the Boss
Leatherface
Metallic Blaze
Olafsto
sheets
Lurideath
T-Roy
DeathCult
Shiney
Fat Freddy
jerseyultifan+
manny
Thrasher73
krokus
SAHB Healer
ghost
7thSecond
rattpoison
MetalGuy71
DallasBlack
Chairman_Smith
thejokeriv
Orion Crystal Ice
Temple of Blood
nevermore
XYZ
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
akeldama
Required Fields
Schbopo
mc666
ultmetal
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:10 pm

detuned wrote:
Jimi Hendrix (seems many on this board don't get it)
E.L.O.
Supertramp
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
Buffalo Springfield
Queens Of The Stone Age
Mastodon

JAZZ

Love them all (minus Queens Of The Stone Age)
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 1:08 pm

Shiney wrote:
Shawn gets points for the RICK SPRINGFIELD admission....I too, loves me the SPRINGFIELD....especially the early works...

Me love Rick Springfield as well (thrice)...

The guy just personifies what it is to be cool, and what I wouldn't give to look like him at age 60. The guy had one major slip up in his career, and that was when he took the role in "Hard To Hold". At least Rick is honest about that snafu.

Rick Springfield: I'm sorry, but that movie sucked. I know a lot of people liked that movie, but in retrospect, maybe playing a musician wasn't the best way to show off my acting chops. They handed me this God awful script, and I thought whatever they hand me, I can do something with. But you know what, you can't. It's like a song, it has to start with the writing.

Even though I dig the guys whole catalog of music, this is probably my favorite song. It's a damn shame that none of Rick's stuff from "Live Aid" never showed up on the DVD that they introduced a few years back, but don't get me going with that whole fiasco.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRLEbnM63Qg
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 2:16 pm

XYZ wrote:
detuned wrote:
Jimi Hendrix (seems many on this board don't get it)
E.L.O.
Supertramp
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
Buffalo Springfield
Queens Of The Stone Age
Mastodon

JAZZ

Love them all (minus Queens Of The Stone Age)

This
Back to top Go down
JDC
Metal novice
Metal novice
JDC

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 3:31 pm

7thSecond wrote:
I would say the majority of the hardcore punk bands I like like Minor Threat, 7 Seconds, Bad Brains etc.

same here. As much as I love metal, early 80's hardcore is still my favourite genre. I also like a lot of old school hip hop (1989 and before)
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 3:33 pm

mc666 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Lots of people here like death metal, including me.
not lots, a small handful.

I always thought death metal was pretty popular over here.

I like System Of A Down, I'm pretty sure not many others do.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 3:47 pm

Jesusandmetal23 wrote:

It should be. With all the thrash fans there are here.

Usually fans of thrash are fans of death and black metal as well. Not here. For some reason.

I think MC666 and myself are the two biggest death metal fans in the house.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 3:53 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Jesusandmetal23 wrote:

It should be. With all the thrash fans there are here.

Usually fans of thrash are fans of death and black metal as well. Not here. For some reason.

I think MC666 and myself are the two biggest death metal fans in the house.

And Lurideath. Actually, I think death metal is Lurideath's favorite style of metal.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 3:57 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot Lurid.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 4:00 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

Love DM, can't stand BM.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 4:01 pm

Jesusandmetal23 wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Love DM, can't stand BM.

At least you like DM!!

Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 4 778825 Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 4 778825
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 4:19 pm

The vocals usually turn me off to death metal. The music/subject matter doesn't really bother me. Same pretty much applies to black metal too, although the gothic/symphonic stuff is for the birds. Bleh.

Metal novice
Metal novice
JDC

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 4:46 pm

I like some death/thrash and blackened thrash but not really straight up DM or BM.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 5:08 pm

If it's not lazy musically, and the lyrics aren't a steaming pile, you can pretty much feed me anything except core stuff and groove stuff and I'll dig it, if the song is good. Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 4 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 5:51 pm

I like Type O Negative. Not in my top ten or anything, maybe not even top 50, but I have three of their albums and I've seen them live.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 6:23 pm

Lari wrote:
I like Type O Negative. Not in my top ten or anything, maybe not even top 50, but I have three of their albums and I've seen them live.

Type O Negative is a very good band.

They'd probably crack my top 50.

But as most here know - I like some gothic stuff.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 6:28 pm

I like me some Type O also. Love 'October Rust'. Big fan of gothic metal...Darkseed, Type O, Sirenia (mostly old), Dark, Paradise Lost, Lacrimas Profundere...you know...not the pleasant girly stuff, the real stuff.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 6:33 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I like me some Type O also. Love 'October Rust'. Big fan of gothic metal...Darkseed, Type O, Sirenia (mostly old), Dark, Paradise Lost, Lacrimas Profundere...you know...not the pleasant girly stuff, the real stuff.

I'm a huge fan of most of those bands you listed.

But at the same time, I also like the girly stuff. Makes me feel fuzzy down in the pickle department when I hear it.

Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 4 Icon_wink

Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 4 253444 Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 4 37951

Last edited by Metallic Blaze on Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 6:39 pm

Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 4 201269 Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 4 Lol

hmmm...oh, sure...if by fun you mean....ripping out one's heart by their spleen and feeding it to the hamster...

*goes off to write something especially gothic and woeful about woman beasts*
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:02 pm

Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 4 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:57 pm

I have Bloody Kisses, October Rust and Dead Again. I listened to World Coming Down, too, but didn't get into it enough to buy.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:42 pm

Hed p.e

As far as I know eyesore is the the only guy I know that likes em.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:10 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Yes

Yeah!!!!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:17 pm

I really like a lot of rap/hip hop, and nobody else seems to...
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:20 pm

Schbopo wrote:

I like the stuff from the late 80s and early 90s.
Back to top Go down
JDC
Metal novice
Metal novice
JDC

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:02 pm

Jesusandmetal23 wrote:
Schbopo wrote:

I like the stuff from the late 80s and early 90s.

that is considered rap's "Golden Era", which is my favourite time period. I also dig the real old school (1979-83) hip hop like Treacherous 3 (Kool Moe Dee's first group), Crash Crew, Spoonie Gee, Grandmaster Flash & The Furious 5, Fearless 4, Busy Bee, T La Rock, etc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next