Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..

Go down 
+40
chewie
Stender
Lari
Jesusandmetal23
JDC
metalinmyveins
MetalFRO
Troublezone
Dave the Boss
Leatherface
Metallic Blaze
Olafsto
sheets
Lurideath
T-Roy
DeathCult
Shiney
Fat Freddy
jerseyultifan+
manny
Thrasher73
krokus
SAHB Healer
ghost
7thSecond
rattpoison
MetalGuy71
DallasBlack
Chairman_Smith
thejokeriv
Orion Crystal Ice
Temple of Blood
nevermore
XYZ
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
akeldama
Required Fields
Schbopo
mc666
ultmetal
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 2:05 pm

Andrew WK
Nickelback
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 2:08 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
(*Takes deep breath*)

I, ahem, kinda sorta "borrow" my wife's Dixie Chicks CD's every once in awhile. Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 3 Icon_redface

That's ok. I borrowed my wife's Indigo Girls cd once too. I had to fend off a group of radical feminists that were attacking me in the parking lot of Al's Diamond Cabaret. As the wild pack approached, I pulled out the cd and held it up to them "SISTERS!! I'm one of you!! This place objectifies women!!" Then I threw the disc over their heads and yelled "Look, it's Ani DeFranco" and drove away in the ensuing chaos. Scariest moment of my life.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 2:18 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
(*Takes deep breath*)

I, ahem, kinda sorta "borrow" my wife's Dixie Chicks CD's every once in awhile. Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 3 Icon_redface

That's ok. I borrowed my wife's Indigo Girls cd once too. I had to fend off a group of radical feminists that were attacking me in the parking lot of Al's Diamond Cabaret. As the wild pack approached, I pulled out the cd and held it up to them "SISTERS!! I'm one of you!! This place objectifies women!!" Then I threw the disc over their heads and yelled "Look, it's Ani DeFranco" and drove away in the ensuing chaos. Scariest moment of my life.

Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 3 201269
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 2:18 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Nektar
Yes
Genesis
Molly Hatchet (and not just the old stuff!)
Cheap Trick

I like all of these bands!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 3 201269 @ MetalGuy!

But seriously folks...glad to hear I'm not alone in my admiration for the Dixie Chicks! My wife loves'em so I hear a lot of 'em, I guess I was bound to develop an appreciation for their music via osmosis after a while. They've got vocal harmonies to die for and all three of'em are great musicians. Besides that, they're funny as hell too. Their video for "Goodbye Earl" is one of my all time favorite clips. Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 3 Icon_lol I actually wouldn't mind seeing them live sometime.

I liked'em even more after I saw a documentary about them a couple of years ago called "Shut Up and Sing," which followed them thru the fallout generated by Natalie Maines' onstage comment at the beginning of the Iraq war about being "ashamed" that President Bush was from Texas. They were Public Enemy #1 for a while after that. They were accused of being "anti-American," country radio stopped playing their songs, people were burning their records, and they got into a public pissing match with Toby Keith, but they never backed down or apologized for what she said. Now they're pretty much persona non grata in the country music "industry," but they don't care. The controversy pretty much ended their career as "country pop" artists, but it gained them a whole new audience of alternative/roots music kinda fans and now they don't have to bend over for what radio or CMT wants. The Chicks may play country/bluegrass music, but they have the attitude of PUNK ROCKERS.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 2:21 pm

Steve Earle
Bob Seger
Townes Van Zandt
David Lynn Jones
Dwight Yoakam
Bob Marley & The Wailers
Toots & The Maytals
Desmond Dekker
Jimmy Cliff
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 pm

I posted my list in the WRONG THREAD! Ughhh!
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:48 pm

Lurideath wrote:
I posted my list in the WRONG THREAD! Ughhh!

I was really scratching my head when I saw you were such a huge Pantera fan Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 3 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:52 pm

oh yea I also like Pantera
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:53 pm

Looking at other's lists I realize some more (and some I forgot):

Evanescence
Bob Seger
80s Roxette
many of the symphonic metal bands
The Highwaymen
Kenny Rogers
The Choir
Van Hagar
Primus
Bruce Hornsby
Bryan Adams
Hall & Oats
Gordon Lightfoot
mowtown R&B (the classic stuff)
Huey Lewis
Jimmy Buffet
Johnny Horton
John Elefante (Corridors & Defying Gravity)
Mac Davis
Men At Work
Nelson
Lita Ford
Van Zant
White Zombie/Rob Zombie
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:02 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Looking at other's lists I realize some more (and some I forgot):

Kenny Rogers
My first intro to scratchy/death metal vocals! Cool
I always loved KR!
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 6:11 pm

akeldama wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Nektar
Yes
Genesis
Molly Hatchet (and not just the old stuff!)
Cheap Trick

I like all of these bands!

As do I. I think most people on this board like those bands.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 7:12 pm

oh so very much for me! My tastes are more diverse than most people here I daresay.

To start things off:

I'm a fan of symphonic and melodic black metal. Love that stuff.

Love death metal. Melodic death, traditional death, symphonic death. All kinds of death! Oh yeah, and death and roll!!!

Also I am a fan of things industrial and gothic (not just metal mind you).

I also like a lot of alternative rock music (including grunge, indie, janglepop, etc.)

I also love pop metal/glam metal.

Some bands I love that most here probably don't:

Cradle of Filth
Ancient
Cannibal Corpse
Depeche Mode
The Cure
U2
The Call
The Choir
REM
Roxette
The B-52's
Erasure
New Order
Joy Division
Styx
Europe
Warrant
Bon Jovi
Leaves' Eyes
Nightwish
Within Temptation
Sirenia

and the list literally goes on and on and on ...
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 7:17 pm

Big gothic metal fan here too, though I usually find some of the bands I like the most people are really lukewarm on... Darkseed, Beseech, Dark..
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 8:31 pm

I noticed a lot of people here like The Cure!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 9:43 pm

hey, I have one. Project 86. I don't like their whole discography, but a few songs are good and I enjoy the 'Rival Factions' album, despite being too short, and ironically enough it's the most dumped on by their fans... but I love the 80's post punk & new wave influences thrown in on that one..
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 9:51 pm

Van Hagar, I like it better than original VH.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:28 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Big gothic metal fan here too, though I usually find some of the bands I like the most people are really lukewarm on... Darkseed, Beseech, Dark..

I love Darkseed and Dark. Never have heard Beseech though.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:29 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
I noticed a lot of people here like The Cure!

Yeah, there is a handful of us who do. I still think that probably a good 90% of this board does not though. But yeah, I'm glad to not be alone on my love for things goth and new wave here. That's pretty damned cool.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:30 pm

akeldama wrote:
Van Hagar, I like it better than original VH.

I like Van Halen better with Sammy Hagar too. I like both eras though.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:32 am

Death and black metal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 11:26 am

Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, The Highwaymen, Toby Keith, Master's Hammer, Blasphemy, Hellhammer etc. etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 11:35 am

Jimi Hendrix (seems many on this board don't get it)
E.L.O.
Supertramp
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
Buffalo Springfield
Queens Of The Stone Age
Mastodon

JAZZ
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 11:46 am

Pantera and Tourniquet
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:08 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Morella's Forest

WIN. Love that band, especially the 1st 2 releases & the "Hang Out" EP. Their other stuff is great too, but something about the 1st 2...

I like lots of stuff many on this board would be scratching their heads about Laughing

Too many to list, really, but I know there'd be a few folks groaning at the screen when reading my list, like "He listens to that crap?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..   Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate.. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bands you like that most others on this board seem to hate..
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next