Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So what is the big deal with DEAN GUITARS?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

So what is the big deal with DEAN GUITARS? Empty
PostSubject: So what is the big deal with DEAN GUITARS?   So what is the big deal with DEAN GUITARS? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:44 am

I have seen plenty of famous musicians endorsing DEAN guitars, all my friends want one, and they keep getting more popular.

To be honest, I used to want one of those some years ago because of their popularity, but they don't use quality woods like alber, they tremolos are licensed, and they don't even have through-necks

scratch

Last edited by powermacho on Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So what is the big deal with DEAN GUITARS?   So what is the big deal with DEAN GUITARS? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:49 am

It has more to do with who endorses the brand than how the instrument plays. Just another instance of brand name popularity.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: So what is the big deal with DEAN GUITARS?   So what is the big deal with DEAN GUITARS? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:51 am

(Sarcasm mode "on")

Duuuuuuude, didn't the late great legendary DIMEBAG play a DEAN guitar? Isn't that all you need to know? Duuuuuuuude!

(Sarcasm mode "off")

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: So what is the big deal with DEAN GUITARS?   So what is the big deal with DEAN GUITARS? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 2:24 pm

Deans are great guitars and they really support there players well. They rely on there looks more on the guitar alone. I have played many Deans and they really do sound good but only when it comes to shred or metal.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: So what is the big deal with DEAN GUITARS?   So what is the big deal with DEAN GUITARS? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 6:54 pm

I just recently discovered that Dean Zelinsky is going to have a new company called DBZ, which are meant to be higher quality than Dean guitars, and they look very beautiful.

This is what I found about it

"Dean Zelinsky, founder of Dean Guitars, announced this past Tuesday that he is launching a new line of guitars, called DBZ Guitars LLC (http://www.DBZGuitars.com).
Zelinsky recently removed his name and endorsement from Dean Guitars,
noting that he did not want his name on them any longer, due to their
‘declining’ quality.
DBZ Guitars was launched in order to give Mr. Zelinsky ‘personal
control over design, direction and quality’. The company website also
features a forum, where Zelinsky can chat with fans of his guitars.
Dean Guitars was founded in 1976, when Dean Zelinsky was only 18 years old, and helped to bring about some new concepts in guitar
design. The new line of DBZ Guitars will continue with that legacy of
inventiveness, using laser technology, proprietary graphics
applications, and exotic woods. The new DBZ Guitars are scheduled to
debut in January 2009."

So what is the big deal with DEAN GUITARS? DS_BirdofPrey_SepulchreSo what is the big deal with DEAN GUITARS? Cavallo
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: So what is the big deal with DEAN GUITARS?   So what is the big deal with DEAN GUITARS? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 8:33 pm

they look cool...and what freddy said
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So what is the big deal with DEAN GUITARS?   So what is the big deal with DEAN GUITARS? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So what is the big deal with DEAN GUITARS?
Page 1 of 1