Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ken Ober, host of MTV's "Remote Control," dies at 52

Go down 
+4
Eyesore
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Ken Ober, host of MTV's "Remote Control," dies at 52 Empty
PostSubject: Ken Ober, host of MTV's "Remote Control," dies at 52   Ken Ober, host of MTV's "Remote Control," dies at 52 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 11:50 am

This is a bummer... I used to love this MTV game show... even went to a taping at MTV Studios in NYC back when I was in college (had hoped to get on as a contestant, but no dice, had to settle for sitting in the audience...oh well)... this was my favorite show at that time.

Farewell Ken... I have fond memories of my brief time spent on Whoopingcough Lane!!

http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/not-a-hoax-ken-ober-mtvs-remote-control-host-dies-at-52--798

At first blush it looked like the latest fake-death rumor on the
Internet: According to sketchily sourced reports, Ken Ober, the
comedian best-known for hosting MTV's late-'80s game show "Remote Control," had died.

Sadly, though, this rumor turns out to be true. Ober's reps confirm
to Zap2it that he passed away over the weekend at the age of 52. No
other details were available late Monday morning.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ken Ober, host of MTV's "Remote Control," dies at 52   Ken Ober, host of MTV's "Remote Control," dies at 52 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 11:56 am

After the whole Chuck Biscuts fiasco, I don't know what to believe anymore. If he really died, that saddens me. "Remote Control" was a great show.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Ken Ober, host of MTV's "Remote Control," dies at 52   Ken Ober, host of MTV's "Remote Control," dies at 52 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 12:32 pm

Sure sounds official to me...

ADAM SANDLER and DENIS LEARY have paid tribute to U.S. TV personality KEN OBER, who died on Sunday (15Nov09).

Ober was found dead at his Santa Monica, California home, aged 52. His cause of death was unknown as WENN went to press.
The actor and former game show host was best known for his presenting duties on MTV show "Remote Control" from 1987 to 1990.

The game show launched the careers of Sandler and Leary, and they have been quick to pay tribute to their mentor.

Sandler says, "Ken Ober was one of the sharpest, quickest,
sweetest guys I ever met. He was always a great friend and I will miss
him very much."

Leary echoed his pal's sentiments, adding, "Kenny Ober was
and always will be the quickest wit in the room. As the star and host
of Remote Control, he was a welcoming ringmaster who helped to
kickstart the careers of numerous talents, including Adam Sandler,
Colin Quinn and myself.
"He will be remembered always by each of his friends not only
for his massive talent but for his true, deep and enduring friendship."

Ober is survived by his mother, father, stepmother and a brother.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ken Ober, host of MTV's "Remote Control," dies at 52   Ken Ober, host of MTV's "Remote Control," dies at 52 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 12:46 pm

Man - that is sad. Remote Control what such a great show!!!! Remember Kari?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Ken Ober, host of MTV's "Remote Control," dies at 52   Ken Ober, host of MTV's "Remote Control," dies at 52 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 12:51 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Remember Kari?

Do I EVER!!

Ken Ober, host of MTV's "Remote Control," dies at 52 Kari_wuhrer_0

When I was going to that taping of "Remote Control" years ago I daydreamed that I'd get picked out of the audience to be a contestant on the show, I'd make it to the final round, and as the end credits rolled my eyes would lock with Kari's, then soft music would play, birds would tweet, I'd carry her out of the studio in my arms ala the end of "An Officer and a Gentleman," and we'd live happily ever after.

Sooooo... yeah, I was a bit of an obsessed fan/potential stalker. Laughing

You can imagine how crushed I was when we got to the studio that day and I found out that Kari had been replaced by a new girl for the forthcoming (final) season. Sad

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Ken Ober, host of MTV's "Remote Control," dies at 52   Ken Ober, host of MTV's "Remote Control," dies at 52 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 2:25 pm

Kari's new boobs weren't bad, either.

Apparently Ober died of a heart attack.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ken Ober, host of MTV's "Remote Control," dies at 52   Ken Ober, host of MTV's "Remote Control," dies at 52 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 3:52 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Remember Kari?

Do I EVER!!

Ken Ober, host of MTV's "Remote Control," dies at 52 Kari_wuhrer_0

When I was going to that taping of "Remote Control" years ago I daydreamed that I'd get picked out of the audience to be a contestant on the show, I'd make it to the final round, and as the end credits rolled my eyes would lock with Kari's, then soft music would play, birds would tweet, I'd carry her out of the studio in my arms ala the end of "An Officer and a Gentleman," and we'd live happily ever after.

Sooooo... yeah, I was a bit of an obsessed fan/potential stalker. Ken Ober, host of MTV's "Remote Control," dies at 52 Icon_lol

You can imagine how crushed I was when we got to the studio that day and I found out that Kari had been replaced by a new girl for the forthcoming (final) season. Ken Ober, host of MTV's "Remote Control," dies at 52 Icon_sad

Great story - except it really sucks that she was replaced!!!! She was awesome!!!!
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Ken Ober, host of MTV's "Remote Control," dies at 52   Ken Ober, host of MTV's "Remote Control," dies at 52 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 11:39 pm

I hate to hear this. I loved Remote Control when I was in high school. RIP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Ken Ober, host of MTV's "Remote Control," dies at 52   Ken Ober, host of MTV's "Remote Control," dies at 52 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 2:00 am

Yeah, I saw this on Yahoo's front page on Monday night. It's very sad, since 52 years of age is just way too young to be dying. Not that I ever felt like I was immortal, but at 38, I suddenly said to myself, "I'm only 2 years away from 40". Hell, I might've already lived half of my life...It's kind of a sobering thought. Oh well, you just gotta make the most of your life right now, and hope that there is a nice long retirement awaiting oneself in some nice warm state.

R.I.P. Ken Ober
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Ober, host of MTV's "Remote Control," dies at 52   Ken Ober, host of MTV's "Remote Control," dies at 52 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 1:20 pm

Fat Freddy needs help, bad.
Back to top Go down
Hate Forest
Metal novice
Metal novice
Hate Forest

Number of posts : 36

PostSubject: Re: Ken Ober, host of MTV's "Remote Control," dies at 52   Ken Ober, host of MTV's "Remote Control," dies at 52 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 3:13 pm

Wow, I remember that show. Sad news.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Ken Ober, host of MTV's "Remote Control," dies at 52   Ken Ober, host of MTV's "Remote Control," dies at 52 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 11:07 am

Sad... I liked his show. RIP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ken Ober, host of MTV's "Remote Control," dies at 52   Ken Ober, host of MTV's "Remote Control," dies at 52 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ken Ober, host of MTV's "Remote Control," dies at 52
Page 1 of 1