Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Peanuts" Animator Dies

Go down 
+8
QuothTheRaven
MetalGuy71
Leatherface
the sentinel
Tall Tyrion
Fat Freddy
Shiney
tohostudios
12 posters
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

"Peanuts" Animator Dies Empty
PostSubject: "Peanuts" Animator Dies   "Peanuts" Animator Dies Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 8:42 pm

This guy leaves behind a legacy most men only dream of. How many children's lives has his animation touched?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080903/tv_nm/melendez_dc

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: "Peanuts" Animator Dies   "Peanuts" Animator Dies Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 8:54 pm

"Peanuts" Animator Dies Charlie%20Brown%20and%20Snoopy%20-%20133854

I still watch ALL the PEANUTS specials with a warm heart when they run...the nostalgia floods back and it's 20 minutes of smiles....

Rest in peace....

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: "Peanuts" Animator Dies   "Peanuts" Animator Dies Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 9:06 pm

Shiney wrote:

I still watch ALL the PEANUTS specials with a warm heart when they run...the nostalgia floods back and it's 20 minutes of smiles....

Rest in peace....

Definitely!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: "Peanuts" Animator Dies   "Peanuts" Animator Dies Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 9:12 pm

That's a shame, just read this on Yahoo News. I met Mr. Melendez about fifteen years ago, he did an autograph signing at an art gallery around here that was selling animation cels from the various "Peanuts" specials. The animation cels were too rich for my blood so I couldn't buy one, but it was nice to hear him tell some stories and to say hi to him.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: "Peanuts" Animator Dies   "Peanuts" Animator Dies Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 9:46 pm

Man, that's cool, Freddy! I never met him, but I "knew" him.

RIP, Bill. Thanks for all you did. Sad
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: "Peanuts" Animator Dies   "Peanuts" Animator Dies Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 11:05 pm

RIP. And thanks for the memories!
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: "Peanuts" Animator Dies   "Peanuts" Animator Dies Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 1:12 am

This is sad for the little child in all of us. RIP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: "Peanuts" Animator Dies   "Peanuts" Animator Dies Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 9:33 am

Shiney wrote:

Rest in peace....

I look forward to the day when my kids are old enough to appreciate all of the holiday specials with me. Thanks for the memories, Bill.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: "Peanuts" Animator Dies   "Peanuts" Animator Dies Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 11:17 pm

That is sad news. A Charlie Brown Christmas is still my absolute favorite. I tear up every time Linus recites the scripture from Luke, then turns to Charlie and says "that's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown." It's a nice reminder to put the holiday craziness in perspective.

RIP and thank you.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: "Peanuts" Animator Dies   "Peanuts" Animator Dies Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 11:22 pm

QuothTheRaven wrote:
That is sad news. A Charlie Brown Christmas is still my absolute favorite. I tear up every time Linus recites the scripture from Luke, then turns to Charlie and says "that's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown." It's a nice reminder to put the holiday craziness in perspective.

RIP and thank you.

Interesting story about that moment that I saw Bill Melendrez tell one time. Even for the time, it was a bit controversial to do something that overtly religious, and Bill warned Charles Shultz that they might take some heat for it. Shultz looked at Bill and asked him a simple question. "If we don't do it, Bill, who will?" Bill answered "You're right" and illustrated the scene.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: "Peanuts" Animator Dies   "Peanuts" Animator Dies Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 11:28 pm

Wow, that sucks. I don't even like Peanuts much....aw, who am I kidding. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Peanuts" Animator Dies   "Peanuts" Animator Dies Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 12:15 pm

Say hi to Snoopy for me. RIP.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: "Peanuts" Animator Dies   "Peanuts" Animator Dies Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 1:19 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: "Peanuts" Animator Dies   "Peanuts" Animator Dies Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:43 am

rip
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: "Peanuts" Animator Dies   "Peanuts" Animator Dies Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 1:45 am

Say hellow to Schultz for us. RIP
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Peanuts" Animator Dies   "Peanuts" Animator Dies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Peanuts" Animator Dies
Page 1 of 1