Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wargod's band of the week, Femme Fatale!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Wargod's band of the week, Femme Fatale! Empty
PostSubject: Wargod's band of the week, Femme Fatale!   Wargod's band of the week, Femme Fatale! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 9:39 am

One of my favorite female fronted bands of the 80's and what a gorgeous singer!
If anyone knows where I can get their first cd let me know!

www.myspace.com/femmefatalespace

Lorraine Lewis - Femme Fatale

The Original Femme Fatale with Lorraine Lewis on vocals ....born in 1988. Mazzi Rawd, Rick Rael, Bill D'angelo, Bobby Murray. MTV, Cheap Trick, Jack Daniels, North Hollywood, The Whiskey, The Valley, The Fun, The Fans, The Friends....it was a great ride...and we THANK U !!! A true femme fatale is no mere bad woman. Anyone can be bad. The femme fatale is wickedness as high art, beauty carved out of arsenic. She's a devil in stilettos and a skirt (preferably slit all the way up her long, gorgeous gams), a siren who uses sex to lure men to their doom. She has larceny in her heart, murder in her soul and a fortune in her eye.

Her patsy is the corruptible cop, the bored businessman, the weak husband with wandering eyes and curious hands, the morally flexible lawyer and the private eye. She comes on like a kitten, cuddling and toying with her prey before drawing blood; behind her kittenish purr and womanly curves growls a man-eating lioness.

And she is timeless, perhaps eternal. Just look at Sharon Stone, whose icy blond sex bomb Catherine Tramell returns in "Basic Instinct 2" for more fun and sex and murder-as-foreplay. It takes more than a murder investigation to keep a bad woman down.

Don't believe me? Check out the files on the 10 greatest, most ruthless femmes fatales, from hard-boiled film noir dames to contemporary temptresses. The hemlines may rise and the banter evolve, but wherever there are men ripe for manipulation, the femme fatale will be there to pull the strings, make them dance to their tune and then cut the cords, leaving them a hopeless heap on the empty stage.

10. Renata (Connie Nielsen), "The Ice Harvest" (2005)

Her tangled web: Connie Nielsen is no stranger when it comes to playing calculating women of dubious ethics (see "Gladiator" and "Demonlover"), but her brazen yet tastefully stylish Wichita, Kan., strip-club manager in "The Ice Harvest" is a classic noir dame in modern dress. She's got Veronica Lake looks, Barbara Stanwyck confidence and a seductively breathy voice that hides a cynical soul and a killer instinct. It's easy to see why shyster lawyer John Cusack carries a torch for the brittle beauty, and easier still to understand his reluctance to trust her completely.

You know she's trouble when: She has a small fortune in bound bills sitting in her closet.

Luscious line: (moments before she tries to kill her lover) "To the victor go the spoils."

9. Natalie (Carrie-Anne Moss), "Memento" (2000)

Her tangled web: Natalie is a femme fatale largely by opportunity in Christopher Nolan's ingenious post-modern noir. When an obsessed detective (Guy Pearce) with no short-term memory walks into her bar, she finds a patsy tailor-made for her wiles. Where other femmes fatales are cold and unfeeling, the emotionally calloused Natalie is angry and vulnerable, and her wicked cruel streak is unforgettable. She reconstructs his reality in front of his face and smirks as she twists his quest for vengeance into her own sordid revenge.

You know she's trouble when: She gleefully rubs your face in her scheme ... and you can't do a thing about it.

Luscious lines: "You know what? I think I'm gonna use you. I'm telling you now, because I'll enjoy it so much more if I know that you could stop me if you weren't such a f***ing freak!"

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
dirtracin1
Metal student
Metal student
dirtracin1

Number of posts : 140

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Femme Fatale!   Wargod's band of the week, Femme Fatale! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 5:31 pm

Great choice. One of my faves from the 80's. Not a bad song to be heard on that album. Had the cassette back then, I luckily was able to find the cd years ago at a Dollar General store.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Femme Fatale!   Wargod's band of the week, Femme Fatale! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 11:27 pm

Oh Gawd yes. When I was in high school my main goal in life was to be the meat in a Lita Ford/Lorraine Lewis sandwich. Had the "Waiting for the Big One" video taped off of Headbanger's Ball and would watch it in slo-mo!! Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Femme Fatale!   Wargod's band of the week, Femme Fatale! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 9:19 am

One of my first club shows was Femme Fatale. They were such a great band!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Femme Fatale!   Wargod's band of the week, Femme Fatale! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wargod's band of the week, Femme Fatale!
Page 1 of 1