Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release

Go down 
+5
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
stormspell
the sentinel
brokentulsa
9 posters
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release Empty
PostSubject: Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release   Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 11:25 am

Looks like FnA records is going to finally release Femme Fatale's unreleased album.. The album was originally called "Lady In Waiting" but the title has been change to "One More For The Road"...read more here..
http://sleazeroxx.com/interviews/lorraine-lewis-of-femme-fatale-interview-part-1-of-2/

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release   Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 8:23 pm

Yeah, I read that the other day. The first album is okay...at best. So, I don't really have high hopes for this one; although I like that it is kind of a "long lost release" and not something new . Lookin' at you, Lee Aaron. Lorraine has been featured a ton over there at SR recently.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release   Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 10:04 pm

Nice, I'll buy it, if its a silverpressed cd
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release   Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 10:14 pm

Lorraine Lewis was a mega babe, but they were a C level band at best.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release   Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 10:35 am

The one and only thing I could tell you about Femme Fatale was they had a female singer named Lorraine Lewis, who was hot. Don't know that I ever heard a note of their music, which says something.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release   Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 10:51 am

Damn ! I just looked her up. Pure 80s hotness !

Don't think I've ever heard a song from them though.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release   Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 10:55 am

Quote :

They had two singles/videos back in the day - "Waiting For the Big One" (chortle, snort, snicker) and "Falling in and Out of Love." I highly recommend watching them in slow-mo.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release   Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 11:22 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

They had two singles/videos back in the day - "Waiting For the Big One" (chortle, snort, snicker) and "Falling in and Out of Love." I highly recommend watching them in slow-mo.

I just watched them both and while the visuals were quite enjoyable, I don't recall either one of them at all. I sorta thought that by watching the videos, it might have jogged my memory a bit, but nope.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release   Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 11:47 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

I just watched them both and while the visuals were quite enjoyable, I don't recall either one of them at all. I sorta thought that by watching the videos, it might have jogged my memory a bit, but nope.

This is what I did and got the same result as you. I thought I might remember one of the tunes but no dice. They're not terrible. Sounds like what was going around at the time.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release   Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 12:03 pm

007 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

This is what I did and got the same result as you. I thought I might remember one of the tunes but no dice. They're not terrible. Sounds like what was going around at the time.

Those videos were hilarious. Something about the band's posturing is even more comically OTT than others of the era. And the moment she started smacking her ass to the beat...god I nearly spat out my coffee. Laughing very hard

They sound okay, and she's pretty good looking, but rather lite for me to return to.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release   Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 12:44 pm

There were other people in those videos? surprised

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release   Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 1:23 pm

Lorraine could sing, she had a raspy Pat Benatar kind of thing going on ... but I bought that first (and till now, only) Femme Fatale tape back in the day and aside from the two singles the rest of it went in one ear and out the other. Very generic stuff.

I spent more time looking at the pix of Lorraine in the cassette insert than I did listening to the tape. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release   Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 3:07 pm

"Waiting for the Big One" gets played regularly enough on Hair Nation.

The whole album is enjoyable enough, but in no way essential, especially considering the amount of similar material that exists from the day.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release   Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 7:37 pm

I really liked the first album..I have it on cd, cassette and vinyl. I am really looking forward to the new album...
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release   Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:58 pm

I had the original on cassette back in the day and got lucky that my best mate found the CD in a little shop in Delaware for me. They had 3 copies at $4 a piece and he bought 'em all. They are a bit pricey on the bay.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release   Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 4:35 pm

Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release 83628 Zombie thread bump.... groooooaaaaan.... braiiiins.....

I recently stumbled across a used CD of Femme Fatale's first album, which was only four bucks, so I couldn't resist. I figured I will probably never see another one in the wild.

Anyway, all the comments I made earlier in this thread still hold water. "Waiting for the Big One" and "Falling In and Out of Love" are decent tracks, but the rest is a blur of generic hair metal/melodic rock/whatever you wanna call it. It's not terrible but it's very cookie cutter stuff.

I'm gonna hang onto it anyway, out of respect the mad crush I had on Lorraine when I was 18, haha.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release   Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release Icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2023 10:47 pm

Femme Fatale is the latest entry in my "Forgotten Hard Rock Albums" series on my HubPages blog.

Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release Whatever-happened-to-femme-fatale

https://discover.hubpages.com/entertainment/whatever-happened-to-femme-fatale

Lari likes this post

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release   Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2023 5:01 pm

I remembered them in name only from way back when. Recently bought the S/T cassette tape for .25 and it was what I figured it would be. Total generic hard rock. Did some research before typing this and seen Lorraine is currently fronting Vixen.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release   Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2023 5:02 pm

Oh yeah, did that 2nd cd ever get released? Laughing very hard

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release   Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2023 6:50 pm

James B. wrote:

It did, tho I've never seen/heard it. It's called One More For The Road

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release   Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2023 12:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
James B. wrote:

It did, tho I've never seen/heard it. It's called One More For The Road

thanks Keith crazy happy

Bet it won't be in the .25 cassette tape bin. Laughing very hard

PostSubject: Re: Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release   Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Femme Fatale unreleased album finally getting a release
Page 1 of 1