Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wargod's band of the week, Warpath!

Go down 
+2
ultmetal
Wargod
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Wargod's band of the week, Warpath! Empty
PostSubject: Wargod's band of the week, Warpath!   Wargod's band of the week, Warpath! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 11:39 am

Great Britian has been a hotbed for thrash and you can add Warpath to the list.

www.myspace.com/warpathuk

WARPATH is a UK based Metal band.

Formed in 2003, the band's debut album DAMNATION was released worldwide in May 2008.

Mixed at Kevin Talley's studio USA (Chimaira, DAATH) by producer Orlando Villasenor and mastered by legendary metal guitarist James Murphy (Testament, Death), the album received critical acclaim across the world, scoring higher than Metallica, Judas Priest and Testament’s new releases in metal and rock magazines.

The album sold out all copies in Japan within two days and all UK copies in less than fourteen days, establishing the band as one of the best up-coming metal acts in the UK.

In August 2008, they were voted by Scuzz TV fans to play at the prestigious Bloodstock Open Air, alongside Iced Earth, Nightwish, Dimmu Borgir, Opeth and many others.

Since June 2008, Scuzz TV has been playing the DAMNATION music video regularly. It is now the No.1 rated video, ahead of Slipknot.

WARPATH is the first UK Thrash band to have gained regular TV exposure, despite not having the backing of a record label. The video has been aired on MHR TV USA alongside Exodus, as well as TV stations in Greece, Japan, Spain, Italy and Australia.

September 2008 saw a distribution deal with all major UK retail stores now stocking the album, including HMV, Amazon and Play.com.

In January 2009, the band topped the Terrorizer Magazine Reader's Polls and was voted 'The Best Unsigned Band of the Year'.

DAMNATION dominated USA metal radio in February 2009, coming in at Number 1 most added record in the country (FMQB & CMJ National Charts). It debuted at Number 25 on the national CMJ Loud Rock Metal Charts and is now being played on over 1,000 stations worldwide.

In August 2009 the band played their first shows in Germany, sharing the main stage of Wacken Rocks Festival with thrash titans SLAYER.

In October 2009, Warpath gained exposure on the BRUCE DICKINSON BBC Rock Show, with their debut album ‘Damnation’ being described as “a slice of classic thrash metal” by the IRON MAIDEN front man.

November 2009 saw the band confirmed for True Thrash Festival II in Osaka, Japan (March 2010) and a USA distribution deal with The End Records.

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Warpath!   Wargod's band of the week, Warpath! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 3:28 pm

Thanks. Always like good thrash. Will check this one our for sure.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Warpath!   Wargod's band of the week, Warpath! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 3:37 pm

I found this in the used section at my local independent record store (yes, they still exist in some places). Best $3.95 I've spent in a while!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Warpath!   Wargod's band of the week, Warpath! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 8:40 am

Killer Album.I've had it since it was released.One of the better new Thrash bands IMO.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Warpath!   Wargod's band of the week, Warpath! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 10:52 am

Someone brought up these guys before. I put them on the want-list ASAP. Good stuff.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Warpath!   Wargod's band of the week, Warpath! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 5:48 pm

Sounds okay, but I'm missing the dirty/raw edge to the music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Warpath!   Wargod's band of the week, Warpath! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 7:30 pm

I've been singing their praise for a long time now, they have links to Savage Messiah in the sense that Rich from Warpath and Dave from Savage Messiah were both in the excellent UK band Headless Cross, they formed their respective bands when Headless Cross folded.

Damnation is a solid slab of Thrash. Cover art is cool also.

Wargod's band of the week, Warpath! Warpat10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Warpath!   Wargod's band of the week, Warpath! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wargod's band of the week, Warpath!
Page 1 of 1