Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wargod's band of the week, Soldier!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Wargod's band of the week, Soldier! Empty
PostSubject: Wargod's band of the week, Soldier!   Wargod's band of the week, Soldier! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 5:57 pm

Well over the past month or so my focus was on newer thrash bands my shift has changed to more towards NWOBHM bands from the late 70's into the 80's and to start out comes "Soldier"

Old timers will most likely remember them or they may not.
I love this band and their classic song Sheralee!

www.myspace.com/soldierofficial

Bio follows:

Formed in 1979 by guitarist Ian Dick, Soldier will forever be associated with the golden age of early Eighties British Heavy Metal suitably titled – THE NEW WAVE OF BRITISH HEAVY METAL.
The New Wave of British Heavy Metal (NWOBHM) had much in common with the late seventies UK punk movement, only louder and with more hair and spandex!
In a time before the Internet and MySpace the only way to be heard was to gig. Bands played anywhere and everywhere and a phenomenal live music scene existed for a short period of time. Live a Soldier show was always an event and the band was once famously reviewed by Kerrang magazine for being TOO LOUD!
Many bands self released their own singles either on cassette or vinyl, or appeared on dodgy compilation albums.
Soldier managed all three!
Soldier had some European success with their 1982 single Sheralee released by Heavy Metal Records.
After twenty odd years the band reformed in 2003 to complete unfinished business.
In November 2005 Soldier – Ian Dick, Garry Phillips, Steve Barlow and Alex Smith – released the album Sins of the Warrior on Heavy Metal Records.
For more information and a full history please visit the Soldier Website – www.soldierstormtroopers.com

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Soldier!   Wargod's band of the week, Soldier! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 6:08 pm

Cool! I'm familiar with the late 80s Christian melodic metal band, Soldier. But not these guys. Sounds like some good stuff!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Soldier!   Wargod's band of the week, Soldier! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 4:50 am

Now, this is real metal!

Always found it strange that there weren't a whole slew of bands naming themselves Soldier this or Soldier that.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Soldier!   Wargod's band of the week, Soldier! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 8:31 am

I like this band. There were so many great NWOBHM bands.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Soldier!   Wargod's band of the week, Soldier! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 4:33 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I like this band. There were so many great NWOBHM bands.

Indeed. This is a subgenre I really need much more of in my collection.

It was before my time, but that's no excuse for me not to have any of it (with the exception of Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, Samson and Venom).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Soldier!   Wargod's band of the week, Soldier! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wargod's band of the week, Soldier!
Page 1 of 1