Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metallica Question

Go down 
+11
Lurideath
caniplaywithmadness?
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
Required Fields
arttieTHE1manparty
Rex
mc666
Smindas
kmorg
Leatherface
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Metallica Question - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica Question   Metallica Question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 5:11 pm

ow how dare ack slag metallica

i dare thee to play an instrument as well as any of the members can
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Question   Metallica Question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 5:52 pm

I don't play at all, but many people are better than them. And just because I can't play doesn't mean I can't have musical preferences. It also doesn't mean I can't have fun by slagging Metallica.

ack
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Question   Metallica Question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 6:04 pm

One thing I never understood was a few people blaming Jason for Metallica selling out. He had VERY LITTLE or nothing at all to do with it. I have heard in some places that he is not a huge fan of the Loads, for example. It wouldn't surprise me, as he had very little songwriting credit on those two albums. Bob Rock had the most to do with Metallica "selling out". Followed by Lars, and then James. I don't know where Kirk Hammett stands. Jason had very little, if not nothing, to do with the selling out process.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Question   Metallica Question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 6:07 pm

I agree with you about Jason but ...

James and Lars are the ones who wanted to go more commercial, Bob just helped them get there. I doubt Bob Rock has the clout to make them go grunge if they really wanted to play thrash.

Kirk, according to SKOM, seems to have little input over their general direction.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Question   Metallica Question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 9:42 pm

Quote :
James and Lars are the ones who wanted to go more commercial, Bob just helped them get there. I doubt Bob Rock has the clout to make them go grunge if they really wanted to play thrash.

I tend to agree. Bob Rock takes alot of heat for their sound, and deservedly so, but ultimately, it's Lars and James that have final say over their band. They are the ones that have to pop the finished cd in the car and say "This is what we wanted to do." As bad as everyone, including myself, dislikes St. Anger, it's what they (James & Lars) wanted. They had to listen to the final product and say "Yup, sounds good. That's a wrap".
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Question   Metallica Question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 4:39 am

well it is lars and james band so i spose they are responsible for the sound. james never saw newsted as an equal to burton which meant he had little control over the music and which led to barely hearing his bass on and justice for all

its all there on skom
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Question   Metallica Question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 6:39 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Kirk, according to SKOM, seems to have little input over their general direction.

"Hey guys can I put a solo on this song?" "No Kirk. No."

nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Question   Metallica Question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 7:03 am

http://www.melodicrock.com/metallica.html

if you want to know the true story of the making of st.anger and how much involvment kirk has check this out

ps its a cartoon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Question   Metallica Question - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metallica Question
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2