Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

God-awful cover songs

Go down 
+32
akeldama
TrogDawn
Mglaffas81
JDC
holydiver97595
Jesusandmetal23
kmorg
EvyMetal
Dave the Boss
AlbertMond
James B.
Eyesore
tohostudios
Addy
XYZ
rattpoison
Getizzyback
Svengo
Fat Freddy
Stender
ultmetal
Orion Crystal Ice
Hate Forest
Neuropete
exact33
manny
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
GrandNational
Metallic Blaze
Schbopo
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

God-awful cover songs - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 5:15 pm

I bet Izzy could keep Axl in line... at least long enough for the "Appetitte" line up to do a proper lil American Tour that included a few nice lil' surprise local dive shows here and there. Ya Know, for old times sake.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 5:55 pm

James B. wrote:
I bet Izzy could keep Axl in line... at least long enough for the "Appetitte" line up to do a proper lil American Tour that included a few nice lil' surprise local dive shows here and there. Ya Know, for old times sake.

Yea, Izzy is the GN'R glue. Axl and Slash cannot function without him. If Izzy goes back to GN'R he could get everyone back together to do a reunion. He is the only one who has the power over Axl and Slash. He could make it happen, he might even get 1 more album out of it too. Use Your Illusion III could be here by 2030!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 9:52 am

Speaking of GnR and bad covers, this one is right up there with Sheryl Crow's Sweet Child o' Mine...

'Paradise City' with Slash, Fergie & a guy from Cypress Hill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaUtV2LSfVg

Fergie is almost tolerable, but the rapping needs to go. God-awful cover songs - Page 3 78889

@Getizzyback, As weird as that sounds, I think you're right about Izzy being the glue there.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 7:48 pm

GNR reunion wont happen well it might but if it does i bet it wouldnt last unless Axl and Slash do some growing up

Saying that I am a huge GNR fan and would love to see it happen
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 6:49 pm

Addy wrote:
GNR reunion wont happen well it might but if it does i bet it wouldnt last unless Axl and Slash do some growing up

How very true.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 9:10 pm

Now that I have Chinese Democracy GNR for me has fallen to one of those bands that I spin every now and then
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 11:06 am

Saw this one on Blabbermouth - this one REALLY sucks and is from the Italian version of American Idol:

Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Addy wrote:
Now that I have Chinese Democracy GNR for me has fallen to one of those bands that I spin every now and then

Yeah, I have "Chinese Democracy" too. I was pretty disappointed in it.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 8:46 pm

Speaking of GN'R, I'm surprised no one has chimed in about their Stones cover for "Sympathy For The Devil". I like it personally, but I know a lot of fans who don't. I believe Slash said in his book that he recorded his parts for this song and Axl ended up using somebody elses guitar at last minute.
Not sure who's, maybe it was Paul Tobias.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:13 pm

I like Guns and Roses' cover of "Sympathy for the Devil".
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 10:33 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I like Guns and Roses' cover of "Sympathy for the Devil".

I like it too.

Metal novice
Metal novice
AlbertMond

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 1:13 am

Reminds me of Adam Lambert's ridiculous cover of "Born to Be Wild."
MJ wannabes should get their filthy hands off of hard rock.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 6:12 am

This is making my ears bleed...
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Way to kill a classic, Bruce. I hate you.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 4:00 pm

"The KKK Took My Baby Away" - Marilyn Manson
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:22 am

Love/Hate do a pretty excruciating version of the Beatles' "I Am The Walrus" on their I'M NOT HAPPY album.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:29 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Love/Hate do a pretty excruciating version of the Beatles' "I Am The Walrus" on their I'M NOT HAPPY album.

That whole album is excruciating.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:32 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

That whole album is excruciating.

Yeah, now that you mention it, the whole album is pretty lame-o.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:34 am

EvyMetal wrote:
"The KKK Took My Baby Away" - Marilyn Manson

I am somewhat a fan of Marilyn Manson but all his cover tunes sucked, especially 'Highway to Hell'
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:52 am

Schbopo wrote:

Way to kill a classic, Bruce. I hate you.

That was awesome! Much better than the wretched Status Quo version! Hatin' on Bruce is a bannable offense, imho. God-awful cover songs - Page 3 19976

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:55 am

Heh, I didn't hate Bruce singing that song. Mengoni should have his vocal chords ripped out for that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:56 am

Quote :
Hatin' on Bruce is a bannable offense, imho. God-awful cover songs - Page 3 19976

Aw, ease up on Clay Sloopy. He's young.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 12:40 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Quote :
Hatin' on Bruce is a bannable offense, imho. God-awful cover songs - Page 3 19976

Aw, ease up on Clay Sloopy. He's young.

He knows I'm only pulling his leg...... 'cause it was your leg, right? fainting

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

God-awful cover songs
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next