Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which songs would you like to cover with your band??...

Go down 
+10
powermacho
A Handful of Wayne
Temple of Blood
SAHB Healer
Lurideath
Smindas
White_Mage
mc666
ThrashedOutCobra33
Fat Freddy
14 posters
AuthorMessage

Which songs would you like to cover with your band??... Empty
PostSubject: Which songs would you like to cover with your band??...   Which songs would you like to cover with your band??... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 4:15 pm

Or If you had a band??...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Which songs would you like to cover with your band??...   Which songs would you like to cover with your band??... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 4:17 pm

I have a recurring dream of fronting a Ramones tribute band. (I'm as tall as Joey Ramone, but unfortunately not as thin). So my answer would be... the entire Ramones catalog.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which songs would you like to cover with your band??...   Which songs would you like to cover with your band??... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 4:19 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I have a recurring dream of fronting a Ramones tribute band. (I'm as tall as Joey Ramone, but unfortunately not as thin). So my answer would be... the entire Ramones catalog.

Yeah, I'd like very much to cover 'em too!...🤘
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: Which songs would you like to cover with your band??...   Which songs would you like to cover with your band??... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 4:34 pm

White Mage, Black Mage and I have a punk band called 3rd October thats hasnt done much but wrote a song about the movie deathproof. But we cover a lot of misfits..so misfits
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which songs would you like to cover with your band??...   Which songs would you like to cover with your band??... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 5:06 pm

We want to cover some Pantera, but we're not that talented.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Which songs would you like to cover with your band??...   Which songs would you like to cover with your band??... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 5:28 pm

i wanna do some grindcore versions of Nightwish songs

White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: Which songs would you like to cover with your band??...   Which songs would you like to cover with your band??... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 5:29 pm

Right now I'm covering alot of metal songs with my band and we've been rehereashing like crazy so to be honest there aren't any metal songs I want to cover the songs I'm dying to cover are like Beatles and Red Hot Chilli Peppers songs and I'd love to play some Dinosaur Jr. songs too

Although I'd love to do High On Fire song too with my doom metal band
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which songs would you like to cover with your band??...   Which songs would you like to cover with your band??... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 5:30 pm

We did a thrash metal version of Smells Like Teen Spirit last week. That was badass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which songs would you like to cover with your band??...   Which songs would you like to cover with your band??... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 5:58 pm

My last "band" in the late 90's did "Teenagers From Mars" by The Misfits, "Zombie" by The Cranberries, Solitude Aeturnus' version of "Deathwish", "As I Die" and "Eternal" by Paradise Lost and "Drowned Maid" by Amorphis.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which songs would you like to cover with your band??...   Which songs would you like to cover with your band??... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 6:00 pm

I'm not sure, but it would own you all.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Which songs would you like to cover with your band??...   Which songs would you like to cover with your band??... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 6:02 pm

The Skyclad discography.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Which songs would you like to cover with your band??...   Which songs would you like to cover with your band??... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 6:55 pm

Too many to list.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Which songs would you like to cover with your band??...   Which songs would you like to cover with your band??... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 7:01 pm

If I had a band it would be dedicated to lots of great underground music. I think few people would realize it was a cover band unless they were told. Unfortunately the only instrument I can play is the kazoo. I can't even sing. I can't even keep time with a cowbell.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Which songs would you like to cover with your band??...   Which songs would you like to cover with your band??... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 7:22 pm

These are some of the covers my band has recorded in the studio:

DEADLY BLESSING - Deliver Us From Evil
FORBIDDEN - Forbidden Evil

These are some of the covers my band has played live:

IRON MAIDEN - Flight of Icarus, The Trooper, Wrathchild
METALLICA - No Remorse, Creeping Death
MEGADETH - Wake Up Dead
TESTAMENT - Burnt Offerings
CANDLEMASS - Demon's Gate
MERCYFUL FATE - The Bell Witch
ANNIHILATOR - Alison Hell
OVERKILL - Powersurge
SLAYER - Die by the Sword
DEATH - Together as One
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which songs would you like to cover with your band??...   Which songs would you like to cover with your band??... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 7:50 pm

Monkey on my Back - Aldo Nova
Denim and Leather - you know who
The Trees - Rush
Le Tigre - Eddy Grant
And I would find some super-cheese to totally thrash out like Cherish by Madonna or something.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Which songs would you like to cover with your band??...   Which songs would you like to cover with your band??... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 9:37 pm

This song isnt metal at all but Electric Avenue by Eddy Grant. This will probably never happen though. I'll have to play all the instruments myself lol
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Which songs would you like to cover with your band??...   Which songs would you like to cover with your band??... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 9:50 pm

We did one song from sepultura-chaos AD album, called SLAVE NEW WORLD,

Right now I practice very hard to learn SYMPTOM OF THE UNIVERSE by Black Sabbath, but I am not interested in the solos(that is way to advance for me Sad ). I am trying to get fast at this riff

|-----------------|---------------|-----------------|--------------|
|--4-5-2-4---2---|-------------2-|-4-5-2-4----2----|------------2-|
|-----------5---4-|-5-2-4-5-2--0-|----------5---4-|--5-2-4-5-2-0-|
|-2---------------|---------------|-2---------------|--------------|
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

PostSubject: Re: Which songs would you like to cover with your band??...   Which songs would you like to cover with your band??... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 10:24 pm

In the prison ministry band I am involved with, we have practiced "Son Of God" by Neon Cross and "Weapons" by Deliverance a few times. I imagine when we go back to doing the Youth Authority rotation, the actual performance out of the practice room will occur ? I have dropped the thoughtbomb of doing "Heart Of Metal"....seems the guys are digging doing originals and rocked up versions of contemporary praise and worship tunes. I fully understand the concept of both ministry and worship, but fun SHOULD be had as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which songs would you like to cover with your band??...   Which songs would you like to cover with your band??... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 10:48 pm

If I did covers it would have to be either really obscure or items you'd never expect to be "metalized".

Of course my "dream band" would probably raise a few eyebrows by instrumentation alone:

Guitar (me)
Bass (both electric and stand up)
Keyboards - Hammond Organ, Fender Rhodes, Clavinet (no synths)
Saxophone (preferably someone that could play alto, tenor & baritone)
Drums
Percussionist

I want to play metal tunes with jazz chords over droning indian scales....

Yes, I'm weird...but I'm saving up to be eccentric!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which songs would you like to cover with your band??...   Which songs would you like to cover with your band??... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 10:56 pm

detuned wrote:
If I did covers it would have to be either really obscure or items you'd never expect to be "metalized".

Of course my "dream band" would probably raise a few eyebrows by instrumentation alone:

Guitar (me)
Bass (both electric and stand up)
Keyboards - Hammond Organ, Fender Rhodes, Clavinet (no synths)
Saxophone (preferably someone that could play alto, tenor & baritone)
Drums
Percussionist

I want to play metal tunes with jazz chords over droning indian scales....

Yes, I'm weird...but I'm saving up to be eccentric!

Damn, do you really need so many people in one band? Yellow Death Machine only needs 3 people to suck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which songs would you like to cover with your band??...   Which songs would you like to cover with your band??... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 11:12 pm

Schbopo wrote:

Damn, do you really need so many people in one band? Yellow Death Machine only needs 3 people to suck.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18963

PostSubject: Re: Which songs would you like to cover with your band??...   Which songs would you like to cover with your band??... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 11:20 pm

Right now, probably Celtic Frost and Obituary. I've been listening to them alot lately.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Which songs would you like to cover with your band??...   Which songs would you like to cover with your band??... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 6:38 am

hells bells
iron man
enter sandman
god of thunder
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Which songs would you like to cover with your band??...   Which songs would you like to cover with your band??... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 11:43 am

- My band covers (on different occasions):

Down - Bury me in smoke, Life, Stone the Crow
Metallica - Creeping death, master of puppets, seek and destroy
Slayer - raining blood
Pantera - F00king hostile

- on some occasions, we play puppets up until the acoustic bit, then to keep it heavy we go straight into raining blood. most people get a kick out of that one at the gigs!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which songs would you like to cover with your band??...   Which songs would you like to cover with your band??... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which songs would you like to cover with your band??...
Page 1 of 1