Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

God-awful cover songs

Go down 
+32
akeldama
TrogDawn
Mglaffas81
JDC
holydiver97595
Jesusandmetal23
kmorg
EvyMetal
Dave the Boss
AlbertMond
James B.
Eyesore
tohostudios
Addy
XYZ
rattpoison
Getizzyback
Svengo
Fat Freddy
Stender
ultmetal
Orion Crystal Ice
Hate Forest
Neuropete
exact33
manny
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
GrandNational
Metallic Blaze
Schbopo
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

God-awful cover songs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 6:25 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzAUtM-KZ5Q

first one that comes to mind is children of bodoms version of Suicidal's "war inside my head". Wait til the vocals kick in...ugh.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:06 pm

Tori Amos covers Slayer's "Raining Blood":

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1dh3s_tori-amos-raining-blood_music

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:30 pm

Twilight Guardians cover of Madonna song La Isla Bonita... what were they thinking?

Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:31 pm

Duran Duran does Public Enemy's 911 is a Joke. This one for some reason, to me anyway, is simultaneously awful and great for some reason.

Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 11:46 am

Svengo wrote:
Duran Duran does Public Enemy's 911 is a Joke. This one for some reason, to me anyway, is simultaneously awful and great for some reason.

LOL...I sortoff feel the same way. My wife is a huge Duran Duran fan, and I actually like them alot myself. But, I always make fun of her because she likes this song. I guess because it is so utterly ridiculous, I can't help but keep listening to it!
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 11:47 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Tori Amos covers Slayer's "Raining Blood":

[url=https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1dh3s_tori-amos-raining-blood_music
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1dh3s_tori-amos-raining-blood_music[/quote[/url]]

Although I kinda like her cover of "Smells Like Teen Spirit"
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 12:12 pm

I liked Tori Amos very different take on Slayer's Reign in Blood.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 12:27 pm

Any cover of, My Sharona. Bleccch.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 1:52 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Any cover of, My Sharona. Bleccch.

Come on, Hammerfall's cover isn;t that bad - kind of cool!
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 10:06 pm

Man, I love Twisted Sister's "Leader Of The Pack"!!!!
(makes the original sound like some garage band)

I'm a cover junkie, I love all of Poison's covers, they are the best at remaking songs.

AS FOR A BAD ONE? this was hard, but I gotta say Sebastian Bach's remake of AC/DC's "T.N.T." was a let down for me. (music wise) Baz's vocals are always on track!

give a listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCKbYXrhSfM
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 10:17 pm

Getizzyback wrote:

I'm a cover junkie, I love all of Poison's covers, they are the best at remaking songs.

Um...no. Just no.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 12:21 am

Getizzyback wrote:
Man, I love Twisted Sister's "Leader Of The Pack"!!!!
(makes the original sound like some garage band)

Thanks for reminding me, that's my contender for this thread.

The Shangri-Las brilliantly rode a fine line between genius and camp with that one..............TS's version fell way past the wrong side of that line, and that video need i say more! God-awful cover songs - Page 2 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 5:52 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Getizzyback wrote:

Um...no. Just no.
come on man, obviously, you must not like good ole rock 'n roll!

I won't get on here and stick up for Poison, and no the're not my favorite group, but these guys always do well on the cover tunes they do. Their version of Rock N' Roll All Nite is the best cover I've heard of that song IMO. They even do it live in concert and it rocks!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 5:54 pm

Getizzyback wrote:
Their version of Rock N' Roll All Nite is the best cover I've heard of that song IMO. They even do it live in concert and it rocks!

Really? I though they made it extraordinarily wimpy.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 6:11 pm

Slayer's cover of Steppenwolf's "Born To Be Wild" is horrible. At least the live cover is. The video of that is somewhere in the forum. I'm too lazy to post it.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 5:49 pm

I like most covers, because I like the whole concept behind them. A band paying tribute to one of their heros.

However, Slayer's "Undisputed Attitude" (the whole album) is pretty weak. And I'm a Slayer fan. In fact - I'd go as far as to say it's my least favorite Slayer album.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 6:21 pm

Sheryl Crow- Sweet Child O Mine
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 7:23 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Getizzyback wrote:
Their version of Rock N' Roll All Nite is the best cover I've heard of that song IMO. They even do it live in concert and it rocks!

Really? I though they made it extraordinarily wimpy.

Well, I disagree. How is it wimpy? Poison is not a heavy metal group.

Have you heard their covers of "Squeeze Box" or "Cover Of A Rolling Stone"? love 'em! God-awful cover songs - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 7:29 pm

OK,

I have to ask this question about GetIzzyBack's screen name.

As a lifelong Cardinal fan, please tell me that screen name is not a reference to pitcher Jason Isringhausen. Please tell me you want Izzy Stradlin back in Guns N Roses...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 7:33 pm

Hate Forest wrote:

How DARE Mariah ruin my song. May she forever burn.
Sweet Jesus! sick
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 5:50 pm

Six-Pack Thunder Dong wrote:
Hate Forest wrote:

How DARE Mariah ruin my song. May she forever burn.
Sweet Jesus! sick

God-awful cover songs - Page 2 328982
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 5:55 pm

Joe Cocker-With A Little Help From My Friends

Just heard this one on the radio...not too good. It sounds like Bruce Springsteen. Whom I hate.

Last edited by Schbopo on Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grazie, Spec)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 pm

Schbopo wrote:

Just heard this one on the radio...not too good. It sounds like Bruce Springsteen. Who I hate.

You're wrong, wrong, wrong, Lil Dyl. It's WHOM I hate.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 7:01 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Schbopo wrote:

Just heard this one on the radio...not too good. It sounds like Bruce Springsteen. Who I hate.

You're wrong, wrong, wrong, Lil Dyl. It's WHOM I hate.
I think you just broke a universal mod rule.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 5:09 pm

tohostudios wrote:
OK,

I have to ask this question about GetIzzyBack's screen name.

As a lifelong Cardinal fan, please tell me that screen name is not a reference to pitcher Jason Isringhausen. Please tell me you want Izzy Stradlin back in Guns N Roses...

Ha Ha, yea it's an Izzy Stradlin thing, not really into baseball much. I am from Miami,FL and did route the Marlins on in their 2 World Series titles (1997, 2003) but I'm not a big fan of the sport. I'm a big football guy, so go Gators! BTW, I thought I had a Guns N' Roses avatar when I post. Does it not show up, or is it a red x in a square?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: God-awful cover songs   God-awful cover songs - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

God-awful cover songs
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next