Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Songs you would like bands to cover

Go down 
+5
Shawn Of Fire
jettafiend
metalhead777
MoonChild
vgmaster9
9 posters
AuthorMessage
vgmaster9
Metal novice
Metal novice
vgmaster9

Number of posts : 56

Songs you would like bands to cover Empty
PostSubject: Songs you would like bands to cover   Songs you would like bands to cover Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 2:50 pm

Since everyone here has different songs they like, what other bands would you like to cover songs that you're interested in? Here's ones that I would like to see.

Fear Factory - "Ashes" by Five Finger Death Punch

Slayer - "Painkiller" by Judas Priest

Iron Maiden - "Turbo Lover" by Judas Priest

Motorhead - "Prowler" by Iron Maiden
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Songs you would like bands to cover   Songs you would like bands to cover Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 3:14 pm

Iron Maiden covering Blood Red Skies (Judas Priest).
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Songs you would like bands to cover   Songs you would like bands to cover Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 3:17 pm

Believer-Oxodizer by Fear Factory
The Faceless-Crystal Mountain by Death

Cant really think of much that wouldn't sound awkward or just flat out bad.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Songs you would like bands to cover   Songs you would like bands to cover Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 3:28 pm

Living Sacrifice - Refuse/Resist by Sepultera
Stryper - Denim & Leather by Saxon
Primal Fear - Be Quick or Be Dead by Maiden
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Songs you would like bands to cover   Songs you would like bands to cover Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 3:50 pm

Alice In Chains - "Mr. Blackwell" (Kiss)

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Songs you would like bands to cover   Songs you would like bands to cover Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 6:33 pm

vgmaster9 wrote:

Slayer - "Painkiller" by Judas Priest

Have you heard Death's cover of Painkiller?

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Songs you would like bands to cover   Songs you would like bands to cover Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 6:35 pm

I always though a death metal band should cover Kiss' War Machine...then it happened.

Metal novice
Metal novice
vgmaster9

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: Songs you would like bands to cover   Songs you would like bands to cover Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 6:44 pm

vgmaster9 wrote:
Have you heard Death's cover of Painkiller?

Yup, it's pretty decent.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Songs you would like bands to cover   Songs you would like bands to cover Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 9:59 pm

I wanted Ultimatum to cover Heavy Metal Machine by Riot.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Songs you would like bands to cover   Songs you would like bands to cover Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 1:12 am

i like it when heavy bands record heavy versions of non heavy songs. like Nevermore did with The Sound of Silence, or Crowbar's cover of Dream Weaver.

i'd love to hear a serious cover of Bonnie Tyler's Total Eclipse of the Heart, maybe done in doom, or gothic metal style. i could definitely hear some "beauty & the beast" vocals on that.

i know Necrocomiccon already did that song, but it sound's like a joke. like when death metal bands cover bands like Priest & Mercyful Fate.

PostSubject: Re: Songs you would like bands to cover   Songs you would like bands to cover Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 1:45 am

mc666 wrote:
i like it when heavy bands record heavy versions of non heavy songs. like Nevermore did with The Sound of Silence, or Crowbar's cover of Dream Weaver.

I agree. Like Type O Negative covering "Summer Breeze" by Seals & Crofts. To me that's much more interesting than a metal band covering another metal band.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Songs you would like bands to cover   Songs you would like bands to cover Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 2:01 am

S.D. wrote:
mc666 wrote:

I agree. Like Type O Negative covering "Summer Breeze" by Seals & Crofts. To me that's much more interesting than a metal band covering another metal band.
absolutely. with metal, if you're a fan, it's already done right. however, there are some great pop/rock songs out there that would be amazing if they were beefed up. that Type-O song, along with Danzig's cover of Elvis Presley's Trouble is the perfect example.

PostSubject: Re: Songs you would like bands to cover   Songs you would like bands to cover Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 2:37 am

mc666 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
mc666 wrote:

absolutely. with metal, if you're a fan, it's already done right. however, there are some great pop/rock songs out there that would be amazing if they were beefed up. that Type-O song, along with Danzig's cover of Elvis Presley's Trouble is the perfect example.

Danzig did "Trouble" as the encore tune when I saw the Lucifuge tour, great cover.

I just thought of another one that I love, Fear Factory doing Gary Numan's Cars. (w/Numan)

Back to top Go down
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: Songs you would like bands to cover   Songs you would like bands to cover Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 8:14 am

I always thought Testament would do a great (metal) version of "Golden Country" by REO Speedwagon.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Songs you would like bands to cover   Songs you would like bands to cover Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 3:06 pm

Agreed on loving metal covers being from other genres. I've never been a fan of covers sounding close to the originals. Just never saw the point in that. Give it your own spin or take.

Always thought a thrash band should do a take on The Lords Of The New Church's Open YOur Eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Songs you would like bands to cover   Songs you would like bands to cover Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Songs you would like bands to cover
Page 1 of 1