Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...

Go down 
+24
7thSecond
Troublezone
SlaytanicPOWER
nevermore
tohostudios
ultmetal
Olafsto
Fat Freddy
manny
sam
Schbopo
exact33
Thrasher73
DeathCult
thejokeriv
mc666
Metallic Blaze
sheets
ohwellmonkey
Stender
Lurideath
Mglaffas81
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 10:18 pm

I'll probably pick this up eventually. My Slayer collection is severely lacking in its current state.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 10:39 am

Over the weekend I watched that fantastic DVD that comes with the "limited" edition of this album. WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes Retarded. It's stuff like that DVD that makes "metalheads" look like mindless dumbasses.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 10:53 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Over the weekend I watched that fantastic DVD that comes with the "limited" edition of this album. WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_rolleyesRetarded. It's stuff like that DVD that makes "metalheads" look like mindless dumbasses.

Are you saying that is not the case? WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 10:54 am

Olafsto wrote:

Are you saying that is not the case? WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_smile

WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Lol I love you Olaf. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 11:01 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Over the weekend I watched that fantastic DVD that comes with the "limited" edition of this album. WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes Retarded. It's stuff like that DVD that makes "metalheads" look like mindless dumbasses.

Lemme guess, lots of clips of drunk guys with Dimebag Darrell memorial t-shirts on, screaming "SLAAAAAYYYYYYYERRRRR!" into the camera while they carve the band's logo into their forearms?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 11:02 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Olafsto wrote:

WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Lol I love you Olaf. Smile

WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_redface
The macho metalhead way i hope....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 11:27 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

Lemme guess, lots of clips of drunk guys with Dimebag Darrell memorial t-shirts on, screaming "SLAAAAAYYYYYYYERRRRR!" into the camera while they carve the band's logo into their forearms?

No its a DVD of this guy who goes and collects body parts to create a woman. It plays each Slayer song as each woman is killed. Real classy, top of the line stuff. WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 11:33 am

SpectreFate wrote:

No its a DVD of this guy who goes and collects body parts to create a woman. It plays each Slayer song as each woman is killed. Real classy, top of the line stuff. WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes

Hmm, sounds like someone in Slayer's camp is a fan of this movie...

WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Maniac

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 7:23 am

I have a one-emoticon review for this album:

WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 11840
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 8:41 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

It's a good album!!!!! The production sounds like "Death Magnetic" with less compression and now "clicks" and not as LOUD.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 9:02 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

It's a good album!!!!! The production sounds like "Death Magnetic" with less compression and now "clicks" and not as LOUD.

I agree, but SLAYER managed to convey the intensity that METALLICA are lacking...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 9:04 am

I saw the DVD included with this set over the weekend. Pretty disturbing stuff. I saw it once, no need to ever see it again.

The music sounded great. Will probably pick it up eventually. So much music, so little money.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 9:14 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

Sounds more like this one to me:

WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 51C65BF1NTL._SL500_AA240_

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 9:16 am

I just think SLAYER is a very consistent, true band. In 26 years they've never tried to write a hit single, never tried to change their sound to draw in more people, never gotten trendy haircuts or stocked their closets with Armani...they've just been SLAYER. They play around with their sound sometimes (Show No Mercy doesn't sound like Christ Illusion, but both are unmistakably SLAYER) but never try to be something they're not. Even MEGADETH and TESTAMENT took their swipes at being more commercial...not SLAYER.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 9:51 am

I've been enjoying the new Slayer alot. I think it's their best album since Seasons.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 10:16 am

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

Sounds more like this one to me:

WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 51C65BF1NTL._SL500_AA240_

Actually, to completely spoil the whole plot of the movie, it's about a kid who saw his mother murdered, so he becomes a serial killer and steals body parts from woman trying to recreated his mother. In the end he builds this woman, puts his mom's dress on her and lays down in bed with it. It's disturbing and weird and not something I can imagine anyone would want to watch more than one time.

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 10:23 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I just think SLAYER is a very consistent, true band. In 26 years they've never tried to write a hit single, never tried to change their sound to draw in more people, never gotten trendy haircuts or stocked their closets with Armani...they've just been SLAYER. They play around with their sound sometimes (Show No Mercy doesn't sound like Christ Illusion, but both are unmistakably SLAYER) but never try to be something they're not. Even MEGADETH and TESTAMENT took their swipes at being more commercial...not SLAYER.

WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 10:23 am

SLAYER has sold out during their career! Remember in the 90s when metal was a dirty word and they were labelling themselves the pioneers of "hard music"? Now they are calling themselves a metal band again!

Remember them adding all the groove ("Stain of Mind") and doing the all-punk covers album (so SLAYER had NO metal influences?) to their influences when Green Day hit? That's pretty darn selective, don't you think?
Not to mention their new song meant to appeal to the Marilyn Manson crowd. Come on. If they could've sold out like METALLICA and pulled it off they would've try it.

SLAYER tried to be commercial in their own way, they just never copied the Black album like MEGADETH and TESTAMENT did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 10:29 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

Remember them adding all the groove ("Stain of Mind") and doing the all-punk covers album (so SLAYER had NO metal influences?) to their influences when Green Day hit? That's pretty darn selective, don't you think?
Not to mention their new song meant to appeal to the Marilyn Manson crowd. Come on. If they could've sold out like METALLICA and pulled it off they would've try it.

SLAYER tried to be commercial in their own way, they just never copied the Black album like MEGADETH and TESTAMENT did.

As usual, you're wrong but convinced you're right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 11:53 am

Quote :
SLAYER has sold out during their career!

No they have not.

Quote :
Remember in the 90s when metal was a dirty word and they were labelling themselves the pioneers of "hard music"? Now they are calling themselves a metal band again!

When you consider "hard music" as a whole...everything from Sabbath to Zeppelin, from Sex Pistols to DRI, from Slayer to Korn, they most definitely were/are a pioneer of hard music. It would be different if they said "we were never Metal" like Def Leppard or someone else did...completely different scenarios.

Quote :
Remember them adding all the groove ("Stain of Mind")

"Groove" does not constitute selling out.

Quote :
and doing the all-punk covers album (so SLAYER had NO metal influences?) to their influences when Green Day hit?

Green Day has nothing to do with it. If you recall, they have NEVER hid their Punk influence...Hanneman has always had Punk band stickers on his guitars...in the "War Ensemble" video you can see them...that's where Thrash came from anyway...Punk & Metal combined...they've always championed Punk Rock.

Quote :
That's pretty darn selective, don't you think?

No.

Quote :
Not to mention their new song meant to appeal to the Marilyn Manson crowd. Come on.

I've listened to the new album several times now and not heard anything close to what you're talking about. You come on... WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

Quote :
If they could've sold out like METALLICA and pulled it off they would've try it.

Speculation...inadmissable.

Quote :

I disagree. Slayer has never sanded off the jagged edges of their sound...regrdless of groove or speed or solo or vocal, Slayer has always been ugly, abrasive, in your face and pissed off...always.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 12:01 pm

Of course they had some punk influence. But when it was time to do a covers album and metal was a dirty word they covered NO metal songs.

Not to mention them toning down the Satanism (though not necessarily the blasphemy) from the 90s on once the kids grew up and realized that schtick was a huge joke.

Hilarious that you guys can't see the "coincidence" of when bands like SLAYER choose to latch on to groove music and punk and when bands like METALLICA choose to try grunge-ish styles. Yeah ... it's just a coincidence. WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 12:05 pm

Slayer, again, always had a strong Punk influence. I wasn't just a slight nod to it, it was all in their sound...still is. There is nothing wrong with them doing a Punk covers album. I can see why you and other fans would want a Metal/Punk mixture, but they did what they wanted without caring what anyone thought...just like Slayer always has.

Metallica jumping from Black Album to Load was a gigantic leap across genres. Slayer adding groove to a couple of songs and still sounding like Slayer is completely different.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 12:10 pm

Did SLAYER try groove in 85? 89? If so, I would agree that it was honest experimentation.

Pretty much all metal bands tried to abandon metal step-by-step in the 90s because they were scared. They tried to re-market themselves and soften their logos and press releases and such to appeal to whatever was getting played on MTV at the time. And of course the music reflected them trying to appeal to the shifting demographics.

PANTERA is definitely not my favorite band in the world but they had more integrity during the 90s than SLAYER. (I'm sure people will disagree WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_smile ) They did none of those things to my recollection.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 12:22 pm

Quote :
Did SLAYER try groove in 85? 89? If so, I would agree that it was honest experimentation.

Just because they did not try every musical style in the book on their first album does not mean it was not honest experimentation...that's what experimentation IS...trying something you haven't tried before. They did not try a Load or a Risk...they made a Slayer album with a little sprinkling of groove here and there. You're pretty rigid if you think that is "selling out".

If you do something you like on the 3rd ToB album that you did not do on the debut, will you have sold out if you still sounded like ToB?

Quote :
Pretty much all metal bands tried to abandon metal step-by-step in the 90s because they were scared. They tried to re-market themselves and soften their logos and press releases and such to appeal to whatever was getting played on MTV at the time. And of course the music reflected them trying to appeal to the shifting demographics.

And Slayer did none of those things...well they did have a slightly altered logo on DiM...but they were very much still Slayer all through the 90s.

Quote :
PANTERA is definitely not my favorite band in the world but they had more integrity during the 90s than SLAYER. (I'm sure people will disagree WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_smile ) They did none of those things to my recollection.

By what appears to be your standard, they "sold out" from their original Power Metal style and became THE premier GROOVE Metal band...I thought groove was supposed to be a bad thing? WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 12:30 pm

Slayer started toning down the satanic image after Hell Awaits, not in the 90's. They were ALWAYS influenced by punk - so what if they did an all punk covers album? Who gives a flying Smurf? The doesn't prove the "Sold out". At least the band knows how to play time unlike some bands out there!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next