Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...

Go down 
+24
7thSecond
Troublezone
SlaytanicPOWER
nevermore
tohostudios
ultmetal
Olafsto
Fat Freddy
manny
sam
Schbopo
exact33
Thrasher73
DeathCult
thejokeriv
mc666
Metallic Blaze
sheets
ohwellmonkey
Stender
Lurideath
Mglaffas81
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 12:11 pm

I gave is a listen for the first time yesterday. It really is a fine piece of metal. WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 5 778825
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:01 am

I think this new Slayer absolutely annihilates. I can't believe all the crappy reviews I am reading on-line. What do people expect from this band? World Painted Blood sounds like an album made for the fans to me. By and large, this is a thrash metal album! The title track is jaw dropping awesome IMO. The guitar solos are all manic noise, but isn't that what Slayer have always delivered? The lyrics are pretty violent. I don't agree with all the idea espoused in their lyrics, especially Americon, but once again, isn't that what Slayer has always been about? Has Slayer just become the band that everyone loves to hate and criticize?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:59 am

ultmetal wrote:
I think this new Slayer absolutely annihilates. I can't believe all the crappy reviews I am reading on-line. What do people expect from this band? World Painted Blood sounds like an album made for the fans to me. By and large, this is a thrash metal album! The title track is jaw dropping awesome IMO. The guitar solos are all manic noise, but isn't that what Slayer have always delivered? The lyrics are pretty violent. I don't agree with all the idea espoused in their lyrics, especially Americon, but once again, isn't that what Slayer has always been about? Has Slayer just become the band that everyone loves to hate and criticize?

Yes they have become that band! I think it;s there best since the classic period. What? You don't think it's all about the MF'n oil?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:47 am

It's not necessarily that I disagree. I guess I just tire of hearing bands complain about this sort of political stuff. What are they doing to improve the state of things? Or is complaining just good fodder for angry thrash lyrics? I also think it's peculiar that many bands, including Slayer, rail on the religious for "preaching" when that is exactly what Slayer are doing with songs like "Americon" and "Not of this God". They are preaching manifestos and creeds just as much as any Christian. I guess we are all guilty of hypocrisy.

Have to admit, this Slayer album actually got me to thinking, which isn't a bad thing. I obviously don't agree with all their ideas, but they do fuel that desire to think.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:47 am

I love the new Slayer. Like the way it was mixed and is a great thrash album through and through.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 11:14 am

ultmetal wrote:
It's not necessarily that I disagree. I guess I just tire of hearing bands complain about this sort of political stuff. What are they doing to improve the state of things? Or is complaining just good fodder for angry thrash lyrics? I also think it's peculiar that many bands, including Slayer, rail on the religious for "preaching" when that is exactly what Slayer are doing with songs like "Americon" and "Not of this God". They are preaching manifestos and creeds just as much as any Christian. I guess we are all guilty of hypocrisy.

Have to admit, this Slayer album actually got me to thinking, which isn't a bad thing. I obviously don't agree with all their ideas, but they do fuel that desire to think.

Awesome!!!! With Slayer, I generally have to ignore the lyrics because I usually disagree with the lyrical content.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 11:25 am

Really glad you're digging this album Ult. I have also been a bit dumbfounded by people that don't "get" this record. I just spun it again this morning and it's classic Slayer.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:59 pm

detuned wrote:
Really glad you're digging this album Ult. I have also been a bit dumbfounded by people that don't "get" this record. I just spun it again this morning and it's classic Slayer.

I'll have a review up soon.

I just received a copy of Christ Illusion too. That one might take a little longer to get a review up on.

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 1:43 pm

detuned wrote:
I just spun it again this morning and it's classic Slayer.

I think there is the thing. What do you call classic Slayer? Classic Slayer to me personally is everything pre-Seasons. That's the Slayer I love. After South of Heaven nothing has tickled my pickle much, new album included. But luckily my copy found a good home in New Mexico.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 2:02 pm

ultmetal wrote:

I don't own the newest Slayer album I have ever heard it and I love it, as far as the lyrics, of this or any Slayer album, I have never taken them to seriously. I almost look at some of their lyrics like horror movies come to life and on some of their more anti-Chrisitian lyrics, these lyrics seem to be more of reaction against organized religion, then anti Jesus lyrics. The lyrics to 'Americon' seemed to be more about the post 911 political atmosphere then anti-America lyrics, but these are my takes on some of the lyrics.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 3:32 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
What do you call classic Slayer?
every Slayer is classic Slayer.

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 3:36 pm

mc666 wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
What do you call classic Slayer?
every Slayer is classic Slayer.

See, everyone has different opinions as to what is "classic".
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:52 pm

It's been out for awhile and I am one of those real picky ones. This album is horrible! There are a few songs I liked when I first heard it that I still like, but to me Slayer really lost something a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:47 pm

I like World Painted Blood better than I liked Christ Illusion. That one took longer to sink in while WPB grabbed me by the short & curlies on the first spin. S'all good though.

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:03 pm

I would classify everything with the original Araya, Hanneman, King, Lombardo lineup as "classic".

The only Slayer album I never really got into was Divine Intervention. There are moments on the other Bostaph albums I like...but it's not quite the same without Lombardo in the drum chair. As soon as he came back, it sounded completely like Slayer again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5