Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...

Go down 
+24
7thSecond
Troublezone
SlaytanicPOWER
nevermore
tohostudios
ultmetal
Olafsto
Fat Freddy
manny
sam
Schbopo
exact33
Thrasher73
DeathCult
thejokeriv
mc666
Metallic Blaze
sheets
ohwellmonkey
Stender
Lurideath
Mglaffas81
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 2:00 pm

HAHAHA my ears are clean!

So listening again for the upteenth time to this album and it doesn't get any better to me.

What do you all think of the guitar tone? If you were to listen to the older stuff it doesn't have that same feel and aura they used to put off. Sure the album is dark in a sense, but to me its just not strong enough in the guitars to really mean anything.

What the hell kind of name is "Playing with Dolls" anyways? LAME!!! I was expecting so much better but oh well.

This is all just my opinion anyways, not like it means anything. I'm just way too picky!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 2:05 pm

I agree on those two criticisms but I think it has other merits.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 2:20 pm

[quote="Temple of Blood"]
detuned wrote:

I don't entirely agree.

Would you like sloppy drumming and sloppy riffing to go with the sloppy soloing? That would fit better, right?

Playing chaotic, crazy sounding stuff is one thing. It's another thing to play purely random slop. You can play aggressive, wild stuff and still have it be controlled but SLAYER's guitar players are too lazy to improve in this respect during their multi-decade career.

I would disagree - the solos fits.

Also, I have heard some bands that the timing is SO awful, I wonder how they ever released a CD! The drummers are so bad, they couldn't keep time counting from 1 to 5 Mississippi!

So, I like Slayer's approach, sounds good and heavy.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 2:36 pm

I don't quite understand how really, really sloppy soloing "fits" with music that is relatively tight. It certainly can't be argued that it is the optimum approach.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 4:04 pm

Well, I don't consider Slayer's solos to be "sloppy", I consider them to be purposely "out". What Slayer's solos do contain is attitude...LOTS of attitude.

You can take all the perfect technician players on the planet (Friedman, Becker, etc)....I would STILL take Hanneman/King over those guys. The shredders have the technical facility with 0% attitude and/or feel.

It's all a matter of opinions, I just find it sad that whenever a Slayer thread gets started on this board, the conversation always ends up stuck on one of two topics.

1. They lyrics
2. The solos.

It appears those are the only aspects people notice when listening to Slayer, at least that's my perception.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 4:35 pm

[quote="detuned"]Well, I don't consider Slayer's solos to be "sloppy", I consider them to be purposely "out". What Slayer's solos do contain is attitude...LOTS of attitude.

You can take all the perfect technician players on the planet (Friedman, Becker, etc)....I would STILL take Hanneman/King over those guys. The shredders have the technical facility with 0% attitude and/or feel.

quote]

Bingo - see Ace Frehley!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 4:36 pm

detuned wrote:
Well, I don't consider Slayer's solos to be "sloppy", I consider them to be purposely "out". What Slayer's solos do contain is attitude...LOTS of attitude.

Exactly!

WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 395375
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 5:24 pm

It's not really a matter of opinion that their solos are sloppy. Especially Hanneman's!!!!

Dave's drumming projects "attitude" too ... and it's tight!

I wasn't asking who you prefer. This has nothing to do with that. It's about "fitting". I wasn't saying Satriani should play solos for SLAYER. But the guy from REBAELLIUN would be ten times more effective than most of the ones they have laid down during their career.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 7:36 pm

Fukkin' SLAYEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 778825

that is all I care to say.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 8:43 pm

Good ol' slayer, raising the bar yet again. Guitar tone is a little weak but other then that, I have no complaints.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 9:13 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
It's not really a matter of opinion that their solos are sloppy. Especially Hanneman's!!!!

Dave's drumming projects "attitude" too ... and it's tight!

I wasn't asking who you prefer. This has nothing to do with that. It's about "fitting". I wasn't saying Satriani should play solos for SLAYER. But the guy from REBAELLIUN would be ten times more effective than most of the ones they have laid down during their career.

I don;t know what you are talking about - they play the solos with feel. I pick up the new album and the solos are just what the songs need. The whole band sounds tight on the album
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 9:31 pm

I have never considered Slayer's solos sloppy, the solos they play fit the songs. Marty Friedman or Steve Vai slow would sound laughable in Slayer type songs. Slayer found their sound early in their career and have stuck by it for over two decades.

Complaining about Slayer's soloing style is as silly as complaining about the food served at Denny's.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 12:56 pm

manny wrote:
I have never considered Slayer's solos sloppy, the solos they play fit the songs. Marty Friedman or Steve Vai slow would sound laughable in Slayer type songs. Slayer found their sound early in their career and have stuck by it for over two decades.

Complaining about Slayer's soloing style is as silly as complaining about the food served at Denny's.

Yeah, and a bucket of barf fits right in with a bucket of Sh!t. Slayer's solo's just suck. You can't disguise something that sucks just by calling it a "style". Slayers solo aren't technically good (not that they have to be), nor do they sound good or contain any good writing-skills. I have always said that good, beautiful, well-crafted solo's are 12234432 better than dull, technical wankery, but Slayer's solo's are none of the two. They are just bad
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 1:24 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
You can't disguise something that sucks just by calling it a "style".

A-HEM!
How bout the "angry, downtuned style" of this atrocity?

WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 03_st_anger

No further questions, your honor. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 1:53 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
You can't disguise something that sucks just by calling it a "style".

A-HEM!
How bout the "angry, downtuned style" of this atrocity?

WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 03_st_anger

No further questions, your honor. Laughing

I knew someone would comment on something like that - No, I never liked that album. But St. Anger was a one time thing, Slayer's atrocious solo's have haunted my ears for over ten years.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 1:54 pm

If Slayer's solos having been haunting your ears for ten years then stop listening.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 1:59 pm

Quote :

BTW, this really would be great on a t-shirt. WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 Lol
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 3:33 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

BTW, this really would be great on a t-shirt. WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 Lol

WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 328982 WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 328982

I was thinking the same thing!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 1:12 am

manny wrote:
If Slayer's solos having been haunting your ears for ten years then stop listening.
seems sensible enough.

Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 6:51 am

mc666 wrote:
manny wrote:
seems sensible enough.

Fine, Fine, they aren't THAT bad, and I really don't listen to much Slayer - It's just that on some of my favourite songs, the middle section just SCREAMS for a killer guitar-solo, and it just isn't there.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 10:04 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
You can't disguise something that sucks just by calling it a "style". Slayers solo aren't technically good (not that they have to be), nor do they sound good or contain any good writing-skills. I have always said that good, beautiful, well-crafted solo's are 12234432 better than dull, technical wankery, but Slayer's solo's are none of the two. They are just bad

Bingo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 2:11 pm

manny wrote:

I agree. After 26 years, what do you expect a SLAYER solo to sound like?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 4:04 pm

People who dig Slayer will love this album.

People who hate Slayer are still going to hate it.

'nuff said.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 9:44 pm

It's sounds like classic Slayer!!! I like it!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 10:10 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
It's sounds like classic Slayer!!! I like it!!!!

FINALLY!!!!! Someone I can agree with!!!!!

WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 Icon_cheers

WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 201269
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...   WORLD PAINTED BLOOD!  - The "unofficial" thread... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WORLD PAINTED BLOOD! - The "unofficial" thread...
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next