Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

World Painted Blood

Go down 
+5
metalinmyveins
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
Wrecked Neck
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

World Painted Blood Empty
PostSubject: World Painted Blood   World Painted Blood Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 9:26 pm

Why have I never listened to this Slayer album? I have had it forever, but never heard it. What a killer thrash album!!!!
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   World Painted Blood Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 12:14 am

I love it as well. Probably my favorite of theirs post Seasons of the Abyss.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   World Painted Blood Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 4:49 am

Don’t feel bad Sax, I haven’t heard it either. I think the last Slayer album I heard was Christ Illusion. Will have to check it out.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   World Painted Blood Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 11:37 am

Funny, I had the same experience with WPB. Bought it when it first came out, listened to it a couple of times, put it on the shelf, and there it sat.

Maybe a year and a half or two years ago I dusted it off for the first time since then, and was like WHOA! Why didn't this grab me by the 'nards in 2009?"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   World Painted Blood Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 2:26 pm

Funny this thread should come up. It had been forever since I last listened to this album, but did so within the last month. I would concur with Wrecked Neck, this is the bands best album post Seasons of the Abyss.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   World Painted Blood Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 2:57 pm

Now that this thread has got me thinking about WPB again, I think I'm gonna listen to it during my daily exercise walk today. That oughta keep my heart rate up!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   World Painted Blood Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 5:37 pm

I like it. It's their best album in the 21st century, in my opinion. It's not as much of a must-own classic as Reign in Blood or South of Heaven, but I usually don't expect bands who've been around as long as Slayer to do that at this point of their career. If I had expected that, I might not have had that high of an opinion of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   World Painted Blood Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 10:58 pm

It’s definitely their best album since Divine Intervention. I’m glad Hanneman’s legacy ended with something good. It just sucks that Slayer’s last album will be Repentless!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   World Painted Blood Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 12:55 am

It is an awesome album, not doubt!!!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   World Painted Blood Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 2:12 am

Don't think I've ever heard a bad Slayer album, really. This one has always been fine. Even Diablos ex musica whatever it's called has balls. A little forgettable, maybe, but still decent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   World Painted Blood Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Painted Blood
Page 1 of 1