Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Manny's Cool live clips thread

Go down 
+11
Olafsto
MetalGuy71
powermacho
James B.
DeathCult
thejokeriv
Schbopo
tohostudios
rattpoison
exact33
manny
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

Manny's Cool live clips thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manny's Cool live clips thread   Manny's Cool live clips thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:14 pm

Johnny Winter

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Cool live clips thread   Manny's Cool live clips thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:16 pm

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Cool live clips thread   Manny's Cool live clips thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:18 pm

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Cool live clips thread   Manny's Cool live clips thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:21 pm

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Cool live clips thread   Manny's Cool live clips thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:22 pm

James B very cool clips of Nazareth, got to see them live once around 1998 in small dive here in Tampa, and during the encore Brian Johnson gets up and sings with them! Very cool and Brian Johnson lives here in Florida somewhere.

Johnny Winter I was never a fan til I saw him live in the early 90's in this cool bar/concert venue called Skipper's Smokehouse. Cool clips dude.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Cool live clips thread   Manny's Cool live clips thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:23 pm

My alltime favorite female vocalist, Beth Hart. Who'd have believed a woman could pull off this song?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Cool live clips thread   Manny's Cool live clips thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:25 pm

Alot of folks on this board hate this band, but I love 'em. Saw them live co headling with the Black Crowes and was inspired with how good they sounded live, and here's a small sample.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Cool live clips thread   Manny's Cool live clips thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:26 pm

I have that DVD and Beth Hart rules!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Cool live clips thread   Manny's Cool live clips thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:27 pm

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Cool live clips thread   Manny's Cool live clips thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:28 pm

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Cool live clips thread   Manny's Cool live clips thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:32 pm

manny wrote:
I have that DVD and Beth Hart rules!

You have great taste Manny. Manny's Cool live clips thread - Page 3 11840

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Cool live clips thread   Manny's Cool live clips thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:34 pm

This was her hit single and listen how much better it sounds live.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Cool live clips thread   Manny's Cool live clips thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:36 pm

Yep! As an avowed hater of live albums I have to admit that Beth Hart's "Live At Paradiso" blows her studio stuff away. That DVD is one of the prized concert DVDs in my collection. Not only do I have the live DVD but I also bought the live CD and that's a total rarity in the Toho Vault.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Cool live clips thread   Manny's Cool live clips thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:57 pm

speaking of chick singer's..... (Beth Hart Manny's Cool live clips thread - Page 3 25679 ) Here is my favorite

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Cool live clips thread   Manny's Cool live clips thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:59 pm

and then we have........

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Cool live clips thread   Manny's Cool live clips thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:00 pm

Yeah, Janis' music was always too much blues based to really reel me in but that woman could really, really sing.

I love raspy female vocals and Janis was the pioneer of that style IMO.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Cool live clips thread   Manny's Cool live clips thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:01 pm

James B. wrote:
and then we have........

Countdown to MC666...

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Cool live clips thread   Manny's Cool live clips thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:04 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Yeah, Janis' music was always too much blues based to really reel me in but that woman could really, really sing.

the style of Beth hart on the Zep clip you posted is really Janis like (IMHO)

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Cool live clips thread   Manny's Cool live clips thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:10 pm

Now watch the SRV haters come out of the woodwork....
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Cool live clips thread   Manny's Cool live clips thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:11 pm

James B. wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

the style of Beth hart on the Zep clip you posted is really Janis like (IMHO)

A lot of her music is VERY Janis like.

I just find the music less bluesy than Janis' works but Janis was unquestionably a big influence on Beth Hart's vocals.

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Cool live clips thread   Manny's Cool live clips thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:13 pm

I'd LOVE to see this whole show. DP were the quintessential live band back then....
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Cool live clips thread   Manny's Cool live clips thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:20 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

I'd LOVE to see this whole show. DP were the quintessential live band back then....

Ritchie Blackmore is my favorite guitarist of all time.

And this clip illustrates why. Subtle yet intricate playing...

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Cool live clips thread   Manny's Cool live clips thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:23 pm

Quote :

Wow, I didn't know that. He's my favorite as well.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Cool live clips thread   Manny's Cool live clips thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:36 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

Wow, I didn't know that. He's my favorite as well.

I always heard about what a great guitarist Ritchie was but I didn't really hear it until he went acoustic with Blackmore's Night.

On their first album he did a tradeoff with Ian Anderson on flute in the song "Play Minstrel Play" and I was like "Holy sh!t, he's fingering the same notes that Ian is playing!"

Since then I've revisted early Deep Purple and I now recognize what a great guitar player Blackmore is.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Cool live clips thread   Manny's Cool live clips thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:45 pm

Check this out at about the 3:15 mark. And this flute player can't hold a candle to Ian Anderson but check out Blackmore's playing.

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Cool live clips thread   Manny's Cool live clips thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Manny's Cool live clips thread
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next