Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Vicious Rumours album

Go down 
+17
Wurthless
mr.electric39
Gilbert
stpatrik
jstate
labrekk
scottmitchell74
Witchfinder
DallasBlack
kmorg
DeathCult
SideShowDisaSter
Thrasher73
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
fingers
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Best Vicious Rumours album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Vicious Rumours album   Best Vicious Rumours album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2019 10:24 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I just won a copy of Digital Dictator on eBay yesterday. Looking forward to hearing it.

If your faves are the s/t and Welcome..., then Digital Dictator will be right up your street.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Best Vicious Rumours album   Best Vicious Rumours album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2019 10:32 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I just won a copy of Digital Dictator on eBay yesterday. Looking forward to hearing it.

If your faves are the s/t and Welcome..., then Digital Dictator will be right up your street.

Yea, that's what I figured. I've heard a few tunes from it. Years ago, the Vicious Rumors website offered free downloads of certain tracks from all their albums up to that time (early 2000's maybe?) and I made myself a decent comp. Anything with the late Carl Albert on vocals is top notch in my opinion.

Funny thing is, I just threw an "eh, why not?" bid on that Digital Dictator album for sh*ts & giggles, figuring I'd get outbid. Nope. I was the only bidder. Lucky me. Should have it by the end of the week.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Best Vicious Rumours album   Best Vicious Rumours album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2019 3:08 pm

I war a bit between DD and the s/t. They both have wicked numbers but they're also a bit different. DD is much closer to that vintage 80's classic metal sound, while the s/t has more spit n polish. The songs on the s/t are crafted a bit more progressively as well, with DD being more straight-forward. But my all-time favorite VR song, Town's on Fire, is on DD, so that does give it an extra inch.

I love Welcome to the Ball but honestly I've only heard it once, not nearly as much as those other two albums. I need to revisit it. The move they made on Welcome is akin to the one Metal Church made on Human Factor--a little more hard rock and grit, experimental chordal passages, more careful, measured melodies. It's subtle but def noticeable.

Carl Albert rules! R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Vicious Rumours album   Best Vicious Rumours album - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Vicious Rumours album
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2