Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Word of Mouth by Vicious Rumours

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Word of Mouth by Vicious Rumours Empty
PostSubject: Word of Mouth by Vicious Rumours   Word of Mouth by Vicious Rumours Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 5:58 am

I have been listening to this album recently and it is one strong album, Songs like All Rights Reserved get your head banging and I especially love the dreamy guitar sound of the 2 thunder songs, dreaming and thinking of you. I probably the lone man on this but i think its their strongest album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Word of Mouth by Vicious Rumours   Word of Mouth by Vicious Rumours Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 7:12 am

It's a very good album, but of the 4 Carl Albert era releases, it's at the bottom of my list.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Word of Mouth by Vicious Rumours   Word of Mouth by Vicious Rumours Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 11:18 am

I'll have to give this one a spin. I bought it used years ago, but only listened to it once.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Word of Mouth by Vicious Rumours   Word of Mouth by Vicious Rumours Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 12:42 pm

Been ages since I played it. But I remember liking it. Then again, I don't think there is a VR disc I don't like.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Word of Mouth by Vicious Rumours   Word of Mouth by Vicious Rumours Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 12:45 pm

kmorg wrote:
Been ages since I played it. But I remember liking it.

What he said.

When that CD was first released they didn't have a U.S. deal so they were selling a self-pressed version via ads in various metal magazines. I saw the ad for it in Metal Maniacs so I ordered a copy. It came with a very nice "thank you for your support" letter signed by all of the band members (including Carl Albert). Shortly afterwards Carl was killed in an auto accident, and of course I'd lost the letter in the interim, so I don't have it anymore. Word of Mouth by Vicious Rumours Icon_sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Word of Mouth by Vicious Rumours   Word of Mouth by Vicious Rumours Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 1:20 pm

I'm with Shawn, good but my least favorite of the Albert years.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Word of Mouth by Vicious Rumours   Word of Mouth by Vicious Rumours Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 7:09 am

heres abit of trivia the two thunder songs of the album are a tribute to Criss oliva from Savatage
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Word of Mouth by Vicious Rumours   Word of Mouth by Vicious Rumours Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 5:52 pm

Great album. Probably my second favorite release of theirs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Word of Mouth by Vicious Rumours   Word of Mouth by Vicious Rumours Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Word of Mouth by Vicious Rumours
Page 1 of 1