Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AC/DC deluxe box set

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

AC/DC deluxe box set Empty
PostSubject: AC/DC deluxe box set   AC/DC deluxe box set Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 8:33 am

Not sure this has been posted before or not. Thought I had read it somewhere here but couldn't find it. Sooooo, either way, this is a pretty awesome collection for the AC/DC fanatic!
AC/DC deluxe box set Backtrack-box-set-282x300
Quote :
So AC/DC has a new box set coming out. You’re probably thinking to yourself, “I have Back in Black and Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, why would I want to buy an AC/DC box set? Here’s why. Backtracks
will be available in two editions. The first features two discs of
studio and live rarities and “Family Jewels 3,” a collection of music
videos and live performances from 1992-2009. Yeah, whatever, fine. The
Deluxe Collector’s Limited Edition,” on the other hand is what you’ll
want.
Manufactured in an exclusive run limited to 50,000
pieces, the deluxe collector’s edition of Backtracks includes a CD of
studio rarities, two CDs of live rarities, the “Family Jewels Disc 3″
DVD, the “Live at the Circus Krone” DVD, a front-row immersion in the
band’s scorching 2003 club show in Munich, Germany, and a 12″
long-playing album, struck in 180 gram vinyl, of hard-to-find studio
tracks. The limited edition Backtracks includes a five-disc media
carrier to house and transport the set’s three CDs and two DVDs.

In addition the deluxe collector’s edition comes with a 164 page
coffee table book and an Original Memorabilia Reproductions Envelope
containing an astounding array of facsimiles including the “I DO IT FOR
AC/DC” button (the band’s very first tour merch), the 1976 “Lock Up
Your Daughters” tour flyer, the Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap recording
track sheet, a 2′ x 3′ 1977 Let There Be Rock European Tour poster, a
Bon Scott parrot tattoo replica, an AC/DC logo guitar pick, an
Australian Money Talks dollar, three b&w fine art lithographs of
never-before-seen photos of the band in the Alberts Studio in 1977 and
more.
But that’s still not why you want the deluxe collector’s edition. Oh
no it isn’t. The deluxe collector’s edition comes in a 12×12 replica of
a guitar amp – THAT ACTUALLY WORKS! Yes, it’s a fully functional guitar
amp. You can actually plug in your guitar and play along with the box
set! Or better yet, play music that isn’t AC/DC. Regardless, if you buy
one, you’re not only getting an assload of AC/DC rarities, you’re also
saving yourself a trip to Guitar Center.
The box set will come out on November 10, and you can preorder it here. Be forewarned though, it’ll set you back $200.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC deluxe box set   AC/DC deluxe box set Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 9:05 am

I already posted on it and Phoneix bought it already and gave it quick overview. For some reason the search engine cannot find any AC/DC threads when one searchs for them.

That being said ULT are you planning on buying the deluxe version or standard version of the boxset?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC deluxe box set   AC/DC deluxe box set Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 9:07 am

That's funny as hell that you can actually plug a guitar into the box and use it as an amplifier! Laughing very hard

Still, a little too rich for my blood.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC deluxe box set   AC/DC deluxe box set Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 9:14 am

manny wrote:
I already posted on it and Phoneix bought it already and gave it quick overview. For some reason the search engine cannot find any AC/DC threads when one searchs for them.

That being said ULT are you planning on buying the deluxe version or standard version of the boxset?

I thought I had read about it, but the search engine couldn't find anything under "AC/DC" or even "box" for some reason.

Regardless. I was not planning on buy this. I dont' have that sort of cash to spend. However, I was informed last night by a close friend that he had purchased a copy of the deluxe version for me. That was a shocker. AC/DC deluxe box set Icon_eek

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC deluxe box set   AC/DC deluxe box set Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 9:16 am

That is cool your friend snagged you a copy, now that my money situation has changed (for the worse) I won't be buying the deluxe version and after the holidays I will buy the standard edition, when I ever I get some extra dough that is.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC deluxe box set   AC/DC deluxe box set Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 9:17 am

ultmetal wrote:
I was informed last night by a close friend that he had purchased a copy of the deluxe version for me. That was a shocker. AC/DC deluxe box set Icon_eek

I wish I had friends like that!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC deluxe box set   AC/DC deluxe box set Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 9:19 am

Quote :
However, I was informed last night by a close friend that he had purchased a copy of the deluxe version for me

AC/DC deluxe box set 798255
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC deluxe box set   AC/DC deluxe box set Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 9:34 am

Trust me, no one was more shocked than me. He's just a very generous guy, even with people he doesn't know. I was at his house and looking through his record collection. He had an unopened copy of the Black Sabbath 4-LP collection. A very rare gem. I told him I had a friend (Trog) who would kill to have that record and he gave it to him! Now that's generous. He had never even met Trog.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC deluxe box set   AC/DC deluxe box set Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 10:05 am

Yeah, I posted this too a long time ago. I like it, the coffee book is pretty cool. I was hoping Rockin' In The Parlour or the rest of the score for Maximum Overdrive would have been on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC deluxe box set   AC/DC deluxe box set Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AC/DC deluxe box set
Page 1 of 1