Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former Danzig drummer dies.

Go down 
+10
DallasBlack
spiritoradio
nevermore
ohwellmonkey
Required Fields
akeldama
MetalGuy71
manny
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Former Danzig drummer dies. Empty
PostSubject: Former Danzig drummer dies.   Former Danzig drummer dies. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 11:45 am

I didn't even know he was sick!... Chuck was the John Bonham of punk! He started in the canadian punk band DOA and also played in Black Flag before his Danzig days. He was a great drummer who had a lot of stage presence.

Former Danzig drummer dies. 163436

Former DANZIG Drummer CHUCK BISCUITS Loses Battle With Cancer - Oct. 29, 2009
James Greene, Jr., a freelance music writer from Brooklyn, New York, reports that legendary hard rock drummer Chuck Biscuits, whose lengthy résumé included stints in such flagship underground acts as BLACK FLAG and SOCIAL DISTORTION, died Saturday (October 24) after a prolonged battle with throat cancer. He was 44 years old.

"In response to the inquires, thank you for all the support," an anonymous family member wrote in an e-mail sent yesterday morning. "Chuck did not survive his battle with throat cancer. He passed surrounded by his family on 10/24/09."

Chuck Biscuits was probably best known to the general populous for his work with DANZIG. Beginning in 1988, Chuck played on that group's first four albums, which are often hailed as DANZIG's best (thanks in no small part to Chuck's powerful drumming style). The percussionist also appeared on 1993's "Thrall: Demonsweatlive" EP; that release yielded an unexpected chart-burning hit for DANZIG in "Mother" a song the band originally included on their self-titled debut.

For more information, read the rest of James Greene, Jr.'s October 27, 2009 blog entry.

Former Danzig drummer dies. Chuckbiscuits

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Former Danzig drummer dies.   Former Danzig drummer dies. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 11:53 am

Wow, that sucks. R.I.P.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Former Danzig drummer dies.   Former Danzig drummer dies. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:04 pm

Forgive me mc666 for posting this news from Blabber.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Former Danzig drummer dies.   Former Danzig drummer dies. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:05 pm

Wow! That sucks! Back in the late 80's/ early 90's I was a major fan of the first 4 Danzig albums, he of course was a huge part of their sound. He seemed to be more of an old school drummer then someone who had played with Black Flag.

Once the original line up of Danzig disbanded so did my interest in the band. Sad news and way too young to die.

Former Danzig drummer dies. 163436
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Former Danzig drummer dies.   Former Danzig drummer dies. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:07 pm

Quote :
Once the original line up of Danzig disbanded so did my interest in the band

Same here. Chuck and John Christ were essential to the Danzig sound.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Former Danzig drummer dies.   Former Danzig drummer dies. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:08 pm

Wow, that's so weird. I was just thinking about him last night. I was watching Social Distortion and I remembered that the last time I saw those guys, Chuck was drumming for them, fresh from his stint in Danzig. I wondered what he was up to these days. Had no idea he was sick.

His brother was the drummer for the rock band The Four Horsemen, who died from a drug overdose years ago.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Former Danzig drummer dies.   Former Danzig drummer dies. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 2:28 pm

Man that sucks, I didn't even know he was sick. I had been hoping for an original Danzig reunion. Gotta listen to the first 4 & Thralldemonswetlive now.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Former Danzig drummer dies.   Former Danzig drummer dies. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 3:06 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ohwellmonkey
Metal student
Metal student
ohwellmonkey

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Former Danzig drummer dies.   Former Danzig drummer dies. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 3:56 pm

weird, yet another great falls......
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Former Danzig drummer dies.   Former Danzig drummer dies. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 5:07 pm

This sucks. Read this earlier. So I had to spin some Danzig. Former Danzig drummer dies. 163436
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Former Danzig drummer dies.   Former Danzig drummer dies. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 5:28 pm

OK, this is getting weird. The Chuck Biscuits news item on Blabbermouth has been updated with the following warning:

Former DANZIG Drummer CHUCK BISCUITS Loses Battle With Cancer - Oct. 29, 2009
****UPDATE: Rumors are beginning to swirl that this story is some kind of elaborate hoax involving a Facebook page and several months' worth of correspondence from someone claiming to be Chuck. We are looking into it.****

So...??? Is Chuck really dead or is someone playing a very tasteless joke?? I guess we're gonna have to wait and find out...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Former Danzig drummer dies.   Former Danzig drummer dies. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 6:36 pm

I heard about it being a hoax, too. There was also a similar hoax involving System of a Down around 2002, except it was a car crash and not cancer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Former Danzig drummer dies.   Former Danzig drummer dies. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 6:46 pm

I guess if the real Chuck is alive he should speak up. It's weird though, no one ever reported about Chuck having cancer so who knows...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Former Danzig drummer dies.   Former Danzig drummer dies. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 8:11 pm

Well I hope it was a hoax, and I do he is alive and well. Also inspired me to spin some classic Danzig.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Former Danzig drummer dies.   Former Danzig drummer dies. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 8:12 pm

I won't believe it until the Associated Press releases the news story.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Former Danzig drummer dies.   Former Danzig drummer dies. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 9:59 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Once the original line up of Danzig disbanded so did my interest in the band

Same here. Chuck and John Christ were essential to the Danzig sound.

Agreed. I like the first 3 Danzig albums (especially How The Gods Kill-one of my all time favorite albums) but lost interest after the disbanding. If it's a hoax then sombody is a askhole of the highest order.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Former Danzig drummer dies.   Former Danzig drummer dies. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 12:03 am

Nothing on Wiki has been said of his death as of right now. Interestingly he played drums on some tracks from Run DMC's Tougher Than Leather album.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Former Danzig drummer dies.   Former Danzig drummer dies. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 12:54 am

Please please.......only be a hoax. That dude ruled, especially in social D.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Former Danzig drummer dies.   Former Danzig drummer dies. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 10:35 am

Troublezone wrote:
Nothing on Wiki has been said of his death as of right now.

That must've been updated after the rumor of a hoax came about. As soon as I read this original post, I went to his Wiki page and it had his death notice listed.

So do we know if Chuck is dead or alive?

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Former Danzig drummer dies.   Former Danzig drummer dies. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 10:49 am

According to other things Ive seen posted, its a hoax.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Former Danzig drummer dies.   Former Danzig drummer dies. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 10:51 am

He's dead. That's what Fox News said. Why would they have a reason to lie? They are always accurate, fair, and balanced.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Former Danzig drummer dies.   Former Danzig drummer dies. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 10:51 am

DeathCult wrote:

What a random guy to pick for a death hoax. I guess it makes it easier to believe when the person in question has been out of the spot-light for awhile. Like the whole Michael Jackson thing.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Former Danzig drummer dies.   Former Danzig drummer dies. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 11:02 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

What a random guy to pick for a death hoax. I guess it makes it easier to believe when the person in question has been out of the spot-light for awhile. Like the whole Michael Jackson thing.

Otis Link (a close friend of his who he was business partners with in the 80's) is who I got the reference from, I think he had it posted on his facebook, I just searched last night because it seemed odd. Plus I never saw anything about Chuck having cancer.

And Spec really? thats like saying the old guy with the M&M's in his pocket looks legit
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Former Danzig drummer dies.   Former Danzig drummer dies. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 1:01 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
He's dead. That's what Fox News said. Why would they have a reason to lie? They are always accurate, fair, and balanced.

More fair and balanced than CNN. Every time someone who leans to the right is on there there is always someone to the left to counter him. However, they give Michael Moore 3 hours with nobody to challange him. I'm not sure if you've ever watched Fox News but I have, and when it's not an opinion show (O'Riely Factor, etc.) you never have someone on the right speaking without someone from the left and vice versa.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Former Danzig drummer dies.   Former Danzig drummer dies. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 1:11 pm

Did Fox News really confirm the death of a relative unknown like Chuck Biscuits, or is Spec just being a wise ass?

I checked Blabbermouth earlier today and didn't see any confirmation one way or the other about this story...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former Danzig drummer dies.   Former Danzig drummer dies. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Former Danzig drummer dies.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next