Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dead By Sunrise

Go down 
+8
MetalRob331
Neuropete
Thrasher73
Rex
thejokeriv
tohostudios
Schbopo
Metallic Blaze
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Dead By Sunrise Empty
PostSubject: Dead By Sunrise   Dead By Sunrise Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:06 pm

Wow, I just picked up this new album! Anyone ever heard of Dead By Sunrise?

It's a side-project band of Chester Bennington of Linkin Park.

This is SO much better than Linkin Park though! For one thing, there's no rap on here. It's just a really good hard alternative platter!

Recommended if you like Creed's new one. This one is way better though!!!

Dead By Sunrise 3729268093_1aa0ec959d
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Dead By Sunrise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead By Sunrise   Dead By Sunrise Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:26 pm

This is like a perfect blend of U2 and Metallica!!!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Dead By Sunrise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead By Sunrise   Dead By Sunrise Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:27 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

You have my attention.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Dead By Sunrise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead By Sunrise   Dead By Sunrise Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:33 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

You have my attention.

Check em out and let me know what you think!

http://www.myspace.com/deadbysunrise
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Dead By Sunrise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead By Sunrise   Dead By Sunrise Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:34 pm

Seriously, I'm a metalhead, but this album will probably make my top 10 for the year!

It's my favorite nonmetal album of the year for sure!!!

I can't stop cranking this disc!!!

Dead By Sunrise 11840 Dead By Sunrise 778825 Dead By Sunrise 604261
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Dead By Sunrise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead By Sunrise   Dead By Sunrise Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:40 pm

Nope.

U2 (who I can barely stand) with whiny vocals (which I can seldom stand) = pass.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Dead By Sunrise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead By Sunrise   Dead By Sunrise Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:41 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Nope.

U2 (who I can barely stand) with whiny vocals (which I can seldom stand) = pass.

Yeah, I figured most people here would probably not like this.

There's probably a couple like me though, who are gonna dig this!!

Dead By Sunrise 604261
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Dead By Sunrise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead By Sunrise   Dead By Sunrise Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:41 pm

I have a feeling ShawnofFire might like this.

(correct me if I'm wrong)
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Dead By Sunrise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead By Sunrise   Dead By Sunrise Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:44 pm

Well, I listened to a couple songs of theirs, and....not a fan.

I don't hear the Metallica/U2 thing at all...sounds more like Linkin Park without the rapping. The only song I cared for was "Crawl Back In". Some cool guitar work in that one, it's just the vocals are terrible. That guy's voice really grates on me for some reason...in fact, I think I might even prefer the rapping dude in Linkin Park to him.

So, yeah. Not my thing really. "Crawl Back In" was pretty good though.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Dead By Sunrise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead By Sunrise   Dead By Sunrise Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:48 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Nope.

Yeah, I figured most people here would probably not like this.

There's probably a couple like me though, who are gonna dig this!!

Dead By Sunrise 604261

Even though me and Shlomo didn't dig this band, keep bringin' 'em MB. This board has such an eclectic group that you really can't predict who will like what.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Dead By Sunrise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead By Sunrise   Dead By Sunrise Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:04 pm

Not bad - not a top 10 for me, but not bad
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Dead By Sunrise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead By Sunrise   Dead By Sunrise Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 10:15 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Not bad - not a top 10 for me, but not bad

Dead By Sunrise 604261
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Dead By Sunrise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead By Sunrise   Dead By Sunrise Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 8:25 am

I think Chester is one of the best singers going right now. I love his vocals. I like this album. I like the ballad/moody songs faaar better than the rockin' type songs on it....they have more feeling or atmosphere or something. But I don't hear the U2/Metallica thing either.

I've even grown to really like Linkin Park a whole lot. I've just recently gotten into them. The whole metal thing was starting to get stale to me, then I heard the song they did for the Transformers 2 soundtrack and loved it. So I went out and bought Linkin Park's last album Minutes to Midnight and was friggin blown away. To my surprise there was only 2 songs that had rapping in it. And those songs that had it in there were awesome too. That album quickly become one of my favorite non-metal albums ever. If you like this Dead by Sunrise album, I highly suggest picking this one up.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Dead By Sunrise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead By Sunrise   Dead By Sunrise Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 9:29 am

I've heard worse.Not bad.I use to like some of Linkin Parks stuff.I think the dude has a good voice.
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

Dead By Sunrise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead By Sunrise   Dead By Sunrise Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 10:40 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:

This is SO much better than Linkin Park though! For one thing, there's no rap on here. It's just a really good hard alternative platter!

I'll check them out. I'm not a big Linkin Park fan, but I certainly like Metallica and U2!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Dead By Sunrise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead By Sunrise   Dead By Sunrise Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 12:32 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

MB i heard some tracks from this album and its not bad...

I dont recommend this to Creed fans though and I disagree that its better, IMO they arent even close as Creed is heavier and well have Mark Tremonti..

Not a bad release MB and Crawl Back In is probably the weakest track...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Dead By Sunrise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead By Sunrise   Dead By Sunrise Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 1:45 pm

Boring. Hopefully they WILL be "DBS".
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Dead By Sunrise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead By Sunrise   Dead By Sunrise Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 2:49 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Boring. Hopefully they WILL be "DBS".

Dead By Sunrise 201269 there are some quality tracks on here but Chesters voice isnt made for Hard Rock its made for poppy ballads.
Back to top Go down

Dead By Sunrise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead By Sunrise   Dead By Sunrise Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 3:00 pm

I could stand the music but I like Creed better. The guys voice keeps me away.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Dead By Sunrise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead By Sunrise   Dead By Sunrise Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 3:03 pm

I can see why chicks would like this band... but it's way to fluffy imo.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Dead By Sunrise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead By Sunrise   Dead By Sunrise Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 3:46 pm

The slower songs on the album are much better and fit Chesters voice better. I could also do without the keyboards on this cd. It seemed electronical at times. Also noted that some of the drum lines ruined a lot of the songs for me.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25875

Dead By Sunrise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead By Sunrise   Dead By Sunrise Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 4:29 pm

I've heard the single on the radio. I didn't care for it.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Dead By Sunrise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead By Sunrise   Dead By Sunrise Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 11:46 pm

Rex wrote:
I think Chester is one of the best singers going right now. I love his vocals. I like this album. I like the ballad/moody songs faaar better than the rockin' type songs on it....they have more feeling or atmosphere or something. But I don't hear the U2/Metallica thing either.

I've even grown to really like Linkin Park a whole lot. I've just recently gotten into them. The whole metal thing was starting to get stale to me, then I heard the song they did for the Transformers 2 soundtrack and loved it. So I went out and bought Linkin Park's last album Minutes to Midnight and was friggin blown away. To my surprise there was only 2 songs that had rapping in it. And those songs that had it in there were awesome too. That album quickly become one of my favorite non-metal albums ever. If you like this Dead by Sunrise album, I highly suggest picking this one up.

Yeah, the U2 and Metallica comparison was probably not accurate, and it wasn't meant to be a 'catch all', blanket description. I actually hear quite of a bit of Depeche Mode in there too (with the keys and all).

Anyway ... I will look into Linkin Park upon your recommend. It seems that you are seeing what I'm seeing in Dead By Sunrise's music. Not everyone gets it. And that's okay. But man, that stuff really moves me. I catch myself banging my head whenever it's on. I've been listening to it pretty much every day since I got it.

And to say - that it's 'chicks' music is a bit shallow and sexist.

Anyway - I knew that someone here would like this as much as I do. I actually love Chester's vocals. Very passionate and moving.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Dead By Sunrise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead By Sunrise   Dead By Sunrise Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 8:19 am

Yeah MB, seriously, if you like this, check out Linkin Park's "Minutes to Midnight" album....its the white one. It rules big time.
Back to top Go down

Dead By Sunrise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead By Sunrise   Dead By Sunrise Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 10:55 am

U2 meets Metallica? I'm getting it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dead By Sunrise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead By Sunrise   Dead By Sunrise Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dead By Sunrise
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: