Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best pearl jam album after ten

Go down 
+8
akeldama
manny
DallasBlack
MetalRob331
thejokeriv
Neuropete
Metallic Blaze
fingers
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

Best pearl jam album after ten - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best pearl jam album after ten   Best pearl jam album after ten - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 7:31 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I like indie rock.

Do you guys remember Mudhoney? They used to have a song off of "Piece of Cake" where they would shout:

"Just gimmeeee indie roooooooockkk...."
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Best pearl jam album after ten   Best pearl jam album after ten - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 7:47 pm

Ten
Vs.
Vitalogy

Temple of the Dog is one truly amazing collaboration. Bitter-sweet in that it was tragedy that forged such amazing work. Emotion, man. "T" came up in my picks today to TotD got spun today. Cornell is a vocal god.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Best pearl jam album after ten   Best pearl jam album after ten - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 7:23 am

manny wrote:
Fingers IMO the best album after 'Ten' is 'VS' and ' Yield' but I am afraid both of these may have too much of indie rock feel for you, but IMO they are very solid rock albums.

Fair enough not all indie rock I do dislike, it's just it's too popular atm with filth like Kings of leon, Arctic Monkeys, etc ruling the charts and being overplayed on the radio, I do love Helmet and Joy Division. I'll give Yield a spin then.
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

PostSubject: Re: Best pearl jam album after ten   Best pearl jam album after ten - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 11:40 am

fingers wrote:
manny wrote:
Fingers IMO the best album after 'Ten' is 'VS' and ' Yield' but I am afraid both of these may have too much of indie rock feel for you, but IMO they are very solid rock albums.

Fair enough not all indie rock I do dislike, it's just it's too popular atm with filth like Kings of leon, Arctic Monkeys, etc ruling the charts and being overplayed on the radio, I do love Helmet and Joy Division. I'll give Yield a spin then.

I'm not sure if I would call Helmet or Joy Division Indie Rock, necessarily. When I think of Indie Rock, I think of bands like Sebadoh and Pavement.

I actually like Kings of Leon and Arctic Monkeys, and have been listening to them for a couple of years. I would much rather have their music fill the airwaves than the inane garbage from Nickelback and Theory of a Dead Man. But, hey, just this humble rock-lovers opinion.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Best pearl jam album after ten   Best pearl jam album after ten - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 11:42 am

I am not even sure what indie rock is, I either like their music or don't. Alot of bands/solo artists who made an impact on me in the 1990's where not necessarily metal bands.
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

PostSubject: Re: Best pearl jam album after ten   Best pearl jam album after ten - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 11:13 am

manny wrote:
I am not even sure what indie rock is, I either like their music or don't. Alot of bands/solo artists who made an impact on me in the 1990's where not necessarily metal bands.

Same here, actually. When I look back at the decade, I find that really most of the metal bands I love had their beginning or their heyday in either the 70's or 80's. I can't think of a metal band that surfaced or shined in the 90's that I really followed. But, there are plenty of other non-metal artists, Pearl Jam being one of them, that I continued to follow.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

PostSubject: Re: Best pearl jam album after ten   Best pearl jam album after ten - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 5:22 am

Neuropete wrote:
fingers wrote:
manny wrote:

I'm not sure if I would call Helmet or Joy Division Indie Rock, necessarily. When I think of Indie Rock, I think of bands like Sebadoh and Pavement.

I actually like Kings of Leon and Arctic Monkeys, and have been listening to them for a couple of years. I would much rather have their music fill the airwaves than the inane garbage from Nickelback and Theory of a Dead Man. But, hey, just this humble rock-lovers opinion.

Last edited by fingers on Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

PostSubject: Re: Best pearl jam album after ten   Best pearl jam album after ten - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 5:22 am

Neuropete wrote:
fingers wrote:
manny wrote:

Ok I was just exaggerating about labeling Joy Division and Helmet indie rock. What I meant to say is they have shades of indie rock and were influenced by it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best pearl jam album after ten   Best pearl jam album after ten - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best pearl jam album after ten
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2