Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Haven Fans anyone????

Go down 
+16
JBall_Z
exact33
James B.
Sutekh
stevegarveyfan
bgast1
DallasBlack
Stender
kethdredd
metalheaded
thejokeriv
ultmetal
Metallic Blaze
MetalGuy71
kmorg
mr.electric39
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Haven Fans anyone???? Empty
PostSubject: Haven Fans anyone????   Haven Fans anyone???? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 1:40 pm

I've been spinning quite a bit of 'My Dying Day'.... 'Below the Grave' is awesome METAL.... never had a chance to see them live tho...

anyone else?

Haven Fans anyone???? 108889
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Haven Fans anyone????   Haven Fans anyone???? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 1:53 pm

Love the band. I didn't find out about them 'til after I got online though. So I have never seen them live.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Haven Fans anyone????   Haven Fans anyone???? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 2:01 pm

I had Haven's Age of Darkness at one point, but sold it off. Don't remember much about it other than it went for a pretty decent amount on ebay.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Haven Fans anyone????   Haven Fans anyone???? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 2:13 pm

I never owned any of their albums, but a friend of mine had "Your Dying Day" back in the day on cassette. Great stuff.

Not sure why I never picked anything up. I need to.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Haven Fans anyone????   Haven Fans anyone???? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 2:17 pm

I like their first two CDs quite a bit. The third one is ok, but is produced a bit dodgy.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Haven Fans anyone????   Haven Fans anyone???? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 2:22 pm

Good band!!! I like them!!! I only wish the production had been better on the albums, then they would sound better!
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Haven Fans anyone????   Haven Fans anyone???? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 3:07 pm

Great band. I have Your Dying Day and Age Of Darkness; both excellent albums.

These are two that might be perfect candidates for Retroactive to reissue, with complete remastering jobs, and all. Each of those, for example, could really use a beefier bottom end.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Haven Fans anyone????   Haven Fans anyone???? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 3:19 pm

I think Retroactive already reissued Age of Darkness. I love each of their first 2 discs. Kevin Ayers is still active and working on material.
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Haven Fans anyone????   Haven Fans anyone???? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 3:29 pm

Quote :
I think Retroactive already reissued Age of Darkness.

Yup, sure enough. I checked it out.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Haven Fans anyone????   Haven Fans anyone???? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 3:57 pm

Yeah, great band. Straight ahead US power metal sound. I like yout dying day better than age of darkness. Never have heard their third one, I think its self titled.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Haven Fans anyone????   Haven Fans anyone???? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 5:50 pm

I got the Age of Darkness reissue and think it's a marvelous album. I'd like it if they reissued the other releases.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: Haven Fans anyone????   Haven Fans anyone???? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 6:03 pm

I have Age of Darkness. The only one I have ever been able to find. I like it a lot and spin it quite often
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Haven Fans anyone????   Haven Fans anyone???? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 9:21 pm

Age Of Darkness was my favorite of the two, very good power metal.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Haven Fans anyone????   Haven Fans anyone???? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 3:11 am

Good, not great. Plenty enjoyable though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Haven Fans anyone????   Haven Fans anyone???? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 7:45 am

I don't think they actually played live all that much...they were signed before they ever released thier demo, if I remember correctly, and did not do any tours...maybe some regional shows in thier area...they did show up at a Sacrament/Sardonyx/Thresher show I went to once, but they did not play.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Haven Fans anyone????   Haven Fans anyone???? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 6:07 am

They were really young when they got signed, IIRC -some members were still at school! I liked the music, but could unfortunately never get into the vocals. The first album is more straight ahead metal, the second has a darker, more complex Queensryche-ish vibe to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Haven Fans anyone????   Haven Fans anyone???? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 7:14 am

Yeah, they were indeed very young...the drummer especially...I believe he was still in high school (as you said) when the first album came out...
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Haven Fans anyone????   Haven Fans anyone???? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 7:50 am

Kieth invited them to do one of the His Festivals but they declined

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Haven Fans anyone????   Haven Fans anyone???? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 8:09 am

I havent listened to them in ages. Ill have to pull some out and correct that oversight!

Alex

JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Haven Fans anyone????   Haven Fans anyone???? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 12:32 pm

Great band. I have both Age of Darkness and Your Dying Day on my Zune. Among others, I've always really liked the songs Holly and Escape.
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Haven Fans anyone????   Haven Fans anyone???? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 2:56 pm

Very Solid Band, could have been better with more money put behind them. The tragedy that is often associated with little unknow acts. Haven Fans anyone???? 669452
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Haven Fans anyone????   Haven Fans anyone???? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 8:13 pm

love everything about them.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Haven Fans anyone????   Haven Fans anyone???? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 2:02 am

I was particularly amazed at the vocals from such a young guy... A lot of power and high screams!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Haven Fans anyone????   Haven Fans anyone???? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 9:24 am

mr.electric39 wrote:
I was particularly amazed at the vocals from such a young guy... A lot of power and high screams!

I don't believe the singer was as young as some of the other guys were, if I remember right...he was well out of high school at the time...mid-late 20s I believe...
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Haven Fans anyone????   Haven Fans anyone???? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 1:33 pm

Have these three albums been reissued? I need them if so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haven Fans anyone????   Haven Fans anyone???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Haven Fans anyone????
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next