Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HAVEN - Who else thinks these guys RAGE??

Go down 
+8
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
Metalgiant
powermacho
arttieTHE1manparty
ultmetal
stepcousin
Cadaveron
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Cadaveron
Metal novice
Metal novice
Cadaveron

Number of posts : 30

HAVEN - Who else thinks these guys RAGE?? Empty
PostSubject: HAVEN - Who else thinks these guys RAGE??   HAVEN - Who else thinks these guys RAGE?? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 12:44 am

In my humble opinion, these guys are/were one of the most sadly underrated metal bands of all time. "Your Dying Day" and "Age of Darkness" are both phenomenal. They are two of my favorite metal albums to this day.

I've always been interested in other people's opinions of Haven, and this seems like the perfect place to get them.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: HAVEN - Who else thinks these guys RAGE??   HAVEN - Who else thinks these guys RAGE?? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 5:05 am

Ive been a fan since about '94, back in the early 90's they were a very up & coming band but personel changes kinda derailed their popularity. I think they had alot of proressive rock/metal influence and alot of talent. I like the self titled alot and even Kevin Ayers' solo album, too.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: HAVEN - Who else thinks these guys RAGE??   HAVEN - Who else thinks these guys RAGE?? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 8:14 am

Yup, like 'em a lot. Your Dying Day and Age of Darkness were incredible American power metal albums. Purchased them both as new releases back in the 90's. The third album wasn't as good as the first two, though it certainly wasn't bad either.

My only complaint is that Kevin Ayers' exaggerated vibrato use can get on my nerves at times.

Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: HAVEN - Who else thinks these guys RAGE??   HAVEN - Who else thinks these guys RAGE?? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 9:00 am

Love Haven! I even enjoy the third, s/t disc, for what it is, but I wish it would have had better production.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: HAVEN - Who else thinks these guys RAGE??   HAVEN - Who else thinks these guys RAGE?? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 9:13 am

weren't these guys supposed to come back? and give a dvd and new record a year or two ago?
Back to top Go down
Metalgiant
Metal novice
Metal novice
Metalgiant

Number of posts : 78

PostSubject: Re: HAVEN - Who else thinks these guys RAGE??   HAVEN - Who else thinks these guys RAGE?? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 9:36 am

I think the 3rd album is also not bad and their unreleased stuff was musically very promising. I like the song with the German title: "Was Machen Wir Heute"
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: HAVEN - Who else thinks these guys RAGE??   HAVEN - Who else thinks these guys RAGE?? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 9:58 am

I have the first two, good stuff. Never heard the third one.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: HAVEN - Who else thinks these guys RAGE??   HAVEN - Who else thinks these guys RAGE?? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 10:04 am

I owned Age of Darkeness at one point, but sold it off when I was prunning allot of the power metal from my collection.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: HAVEN - Who else thinks these guys RAGE??   HAVEN - Who else thinks these guys RAGE?? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 11:10 am

Cool band. I definitely enjoy their stuff.
Back to top Go down
Louder
Metal student
Metal student
Louder

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: HAVEN - Who else thinks these guys RAGE??   HAVEN - Who else thinks these guys RAGE?? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 11:59 am

Really enjoyed the first two, and didn't know there was a third album until I read this thread. I'm gonna have to look into getting that one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HAVEN - Who else thinks these guys RAGE??   HAVEN - Who else thinks these guys RAGE?? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 12:04 pm

Love Age Of Darkness, he seemed to tone down the vibrato on it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: HAVEN - Who else thinks these guys RAGE??   HAVEN - Who else thinks these guys RAGE?? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 3:18 pm

Cool band. Too bad they're still missing from my collection.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: HAVEN - Who else thinks these guys RAGE??   HAVEN - Who else thinks these guys RAGE?? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 10:57 pm

Yep, I like 'em pretty well too. I have all three CDs, and the third one is not quite as solid, but by no means bad. Pretty heavy band.
Back to top Go down
Cadaveron
Metal novice
Metal novice
Cadaveron

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: HAVEN - Who else thinks these guys RAGE??   HAVEN - Who else thinks these guys RAGE?? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 12:36 am

Thanks for your input, guys. It's cool to see Haven remembered and appreciated. They truly deserve it. I like the s/t too, but the first two affected me so much more. I love the production of both albums; and, though different from each other, they have two things in common: tons of reverb and the perfect amount of overall compression. This, to me, contributes to the "listening experience." The production of these albums reminds me of early King Diamond records; particularly Fatal Portrait through Conspiracy. Musically Haven definitely have a sound of their own. When I think about it, King Diamond is the closest musical comparison I can make. HAVEN - Who else thinks these guys RAGE?? Download
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HAVEN - Who else thinks these guys RAGE??   HAVEN - Who else thinks these guys RAGE?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HAVEN - Who else thinks these guys RAGE??
Page 1 of 1