Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...

Go down 
+13
DallasBlack
sam
spiritoradio
thejokeriv
sheets
MetalGuy71
kmorg
tohostudios
A Handful of Wayne
DeathCult
Schbopo
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 1:50 pm

Ooooh gawd yeah, I f*ckin HATED "Jason Goes To Hell." That was the last F13 movie I saw in a theater, and I was so pissed when it was over that I wanted to ask for my $$ back! Very Happy

To add insult to injury, supposedly the director still thinks he made the best movie of the series (according to his comments on the DVD,which I have not seen)... even though nearly 20 years of fanboy hatred and anemic box office returns for that movie would indicate otherwise. Very Happy

As I've said many a time before, "Jason X" works better if you treat it as a parody of the "F13" series rather than a legitimate entry. I find it hilarious, it's like bad Fan Fiction gone wild.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 1:53 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Honestly I didn't think the new "Friday" was any better, or any worse, than most of the original "F13" series. The only major change was that Jason wasn't an undead/zombie type anymore, he was just a psycho hillbilly with Mommy issues. Haha. Aside from that I found it to be pretty much business as usual.

I'm sure I'll get around to the new "Nightmare" sooner or later but I'm in no hurry. I was already burned out on Freddy Krueger long before the original series came to its merciful end.

"Merciful end" is about the best way to describe it. I still remember driving out to somewhere in central Jersey just so we could see "Freddy's Dead" in a drive in. At the time, that was the most pissed off I was at a movie ever. I've since bought the boxset, but still haven't watched this disc.

Never bothered with "Freddy's Dead" or "New Nightmare" to be honest. By the time those rolled out I was tired of the whole thing.

"Freddy Vs. Jason" was a hoot though, in a teenage-fanboy-dream-come-true kind of way.

Freddy, I just read your review of the reboot, and it was stellar! Say it ain't so Freddy, you the horror guru haven't seen the "New Nightmare"??? You were smart in staying away from "Freddy's dead" as it was an absolutely abysmal movie, but the "New Nightmare" was absolutely fantastic. You might be surprised to see someone say this, but I think it might be my second favorite of all the "Nightmare" movies. I'm trying not to build up too much, but talk about a movie you should be renting this weekend, whether it includes the wife watching or not... Laughing very hard Seriously though, great reinvention of the series, and it was the proper way to close out the franchise!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 1:59 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:

Freddy, I just read your review of the reboot, and it was stellar!
Thanx!
(For those of you who might be wondering where this review he's talking about can be found, just go here:

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/It-Came-From-the-Bargain-Bin-FRIDAY-THE-13th-2009

Yes, I'm shameless. Very Happy )

Quote :
Say it ain't so Freddy, you the horror guru haven't seen the "New Nightmare"??? You were smart in staying away from "Freddy's dead" as it was an absolutely abysmal movie, but the "New Nightmare" was absolutely fantastic. You might be surprised to see someone say this, but I think it might be my second favorite of all the "Nightmare" movies. I'm trying not to build up too much, but talk about a movie you should be renting this weekend, whether it includes the wife watching or not... Laughing very hard Seriously though, great reinvention of the series, and it was the proper way to close out the franchise!

Meh, I dunno why I never caught "New Nightmare" exactly, it just slipped past my radar and I've never gotten round to it. I've heard from many people whose opinions I respect that it's one of the best in the series, so I suppose I probably should check it out one of these days. What the hey, October's coming, I need picks for my annual "Schlock-Tober Craptacular" horror movie viewing marathon, so I'll keep an eye out for it then. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 2:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Ooooh gawd yeah, I f*ckin HATED "Jason Goes To Hell." That was the last F13 movie I saw in a theater, and I was so pissed when it was over that I wanted to ask for my $$ back! Very Happy

The first 5-10 minutes in that movie were stellar, and then it all went to sh!t! It's never a good idea when you kill the immovable object that is Jason Voorhees in the first few moments of the film, as it then begs the question, how is this movie going to continue? The answer...In a very bad way. I can't tell you how disappointed my 16 year old brother and I were after exiting this movie. We weren't big fans of the previous three installments, but we knew for all intents and purposes the franchise was obliterated. To this day, I still don't see how any producer or Paramount after reading this movie draft could say, wow this is pretty good. I'm guessing Paramount knew that people would shell out their hard earned dollars the first weekend, and if all went well ( all indications are these type of movies do well in there 1st weekend), then they would be on the plus side of things. What an abomination!!!

Fat Freddy wrote:
To add insult to injury, supposedly the director still thinks he made the best movie of the series (according to his comments on the DVD,which I have not seen)... even though nearly 20 years of fanboy hatred and anemic box office returns for that movie would indicate otherwise. Very Happy

I've got the DVD, and I don't know if I remember him thinking it was the best movie in the series, but he certainly doesn't understand all the hatred towards this film. All I have to say is; he's on f*cking crack, if he honestly thinks his Friday version was worth a squirt of piss. I know I could write a better script then that flaming pile he put out.

Fat Freddy wrote:
As I've said many a time before, "Jason X" works better if you treat it as a parody of the "F13" series rather than a legitimate entry. I find it hilarious, it's like bad Fan Fiction gone wild.

My brother usually joins me on the annual pilgrimage to the likes of a new Halloween, Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but he absolutely refused to see this movie. I still don't know if he ever watched it?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 2:32 pm

I used to own the boxset which I sold off year or so ago, and now I of course regret doing this but I watched ' New Nightmare' and I thought it was horrible, all the fun was taken out of the series and the studio was trying to revive a dead horse.

I never cared for Rob Zombie's remake...ooops sorry reboot of 'Halloween', I hated that gave Michael Myers an origin, I did not care for the new Laurie or Laura or whatever, I especially did not like the way they made the character of Dr Loomis, preferred Donald Pleasance ( I know I know misspelled) over acting in the original.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 5:47 pm

manny wrote:

I never cared for Rob Zombie's remake...ooops sorry reboot of 'Halloween', I hated that gave Michael Myers an origin, I did not care for the new Laurie or Laura or whatever, I especially did not like the way they made the character of Dr Loomis, preferred Donald Pleasance ( I know I know misspelled) over acting in the original.

The first one was okay, the sequel sucked. Just typical Rob Zombie horror, IMO, didn't have the feel of a Halloween movie.

I didn't care for how they reinvented Loomis either but he was redeemed in the sequel.

"Halloween 3D" comes out Oct 2012, no word if Zombie will be involved. Sleep Seems a bit late to be throwing your hat into the 3D ring. That stuff is starting to settle down.

It sucks that the original series ended on the sour note that is Resurrection. Really lame, pretty tame and definitely of the time (a webcam show, really?). Movies that marry themselves to current technology cannot age well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3