Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...

Go down 
+13
DallasBlack
sam
spiritoradio
thejokeriv
sheets
MetalGuy71
kmorg
tohostudios
A Handful of Wayne
DeathCult
Schbopo
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... Empty
PostSubject: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 8:47 pm

Freddy Krueger is the next 80s horror icon to get an upgrade... the movie comes out at the end of April '10.

I gotta admit, even though I was pretty well burned out on Freddy Krueger by the end of the '80s, this looks pretty interesting.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 9:55 pm

Without Robert Englund it just won't work...
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 9:56 pm

Is it a remake or a new installment? Not that I care, just curious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 9:58 pm

I'm still licking my wounds from that last Friday the 13th. I'll pass.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 10:13 pm

Damn, just when I thought Hollywood couldnt piss me off anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 10:34 pm

I was never an Elm Street fan and it looks like I might just stay that way. Robert Englands Kruger seemed to have a sense of humor this new version doesn't seem like it would be anything like that and the guy they picked to play him doesn't even look close to the original. Just more proff that these remakes need to stop. The day they remake Back To The Future I will never watch newer movies again.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 10:52 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Is it a remake or a new installment? Not that I care, just curious.

It's a "reboot." Those seem to be all the rage nowadays.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 11:02 pm

I hate Planet Earth.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 1:03 am

SpectreFate wrote:
I'm still licking my wounds from that last Friday the 13th. I'll pass.

That's what i'm saying..... and i'm still trying to get over that Dawn of the Dead dud.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 8:01 am

Thank heavens the remake of Hellraiser is apparently on hold.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 8:47 am

Troublezone wrote:
i'm still trying to get over that Dawn of the Dead dud.

I actually liked the "Dawn of the Dead" remake. That was a pretty good, nasty piece-o-work. So was the remake of "The Hills Have Eyes."

I'm not totally against remakes, it just seems like (in the horror genre at least) lately there's nothing new under the sun. They just keep sequelizing/remaking/rebooting the same movies over and over again.

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 9:48 am

Looks like they are staying rather true to the original though.

What do you mean by reboot?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 10:00 am

kmorg wrote:

"Reboot" seems to be the favorite catch phrase for movies like these nowadays, where it may not a straight up "remake," but it's not another sequel either...

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 10:22 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
kmorg wrote:

"Reboot" seems to be the favorite catch phrase for movies like these nowadays, where it may not a straight up "remake," but it's not another sequel either...

Kinda giving more of the backstory of Freddy's origin, sorta like what Rob Zombie did with Michael Myers in 'Halloween'.

*Semi-interesting factoid to most everyone, but Spec:

Jackie Earle Haley, who plays the "new" Freddy Krueger, actually went for an audition to play one of the teens in the original 'Nightmare' movie. He went to the audition with a friend of his, who was a struggling LA musician but was considdering acting. His friend ended up getting a part in the movie while Jackie (a former child actor) was shown the door. That friend was Johnny Depp.

*edited for your viewing pleasure.

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 10:26 am

Quote :
Interesting factoid:

Jackie Earle Haley,
who plays the "new" Freddy Krueger, actually went for an audition to
play one of the teens in the original 'Nightmare' movie. He went to the
audition with a friend of his, who was a struggling LA musician but was
considdering acting. His friend ended up getting a part in the movie
while Jackie (a former child actor) was shown the door. That friend was
Johnny Depp.

That wasn't as interesting as I hoped it would be.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 10:29 am

I left out the part of deflowering virgins, animal sacrafice and high-speed police chase the night before they went to the audition. I didn't want to offend anyone.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 10:30 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Kinda giving more of the backstory of Freddy's origin, sorta like what Rob Zombie did with Michael Myers in 'Halloween'.

Really though, thats completely useless in this case, as its already been done twice, once in Freddy's dead, and again in an episode of the short lived Freddy's Nightmares, so unless youre a teenager, this is a waste of time for fans of the series.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 10:49 am

Spec, I'm having a hard time understanding just how un-interested you found that factoid. Perhaps if there was some sort of chart or graph to help illustrate your point.

New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... Icon_biggrin

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 10:54 am

DeathCult wrote:
unless youre a teenager, this is a waste of time

...teenagers are the exact demographic this movie is shootin' for. Y'know, the punks that go to Blockbuster and don't bother to watch anything from before they were born, because it's "too old."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 11:11 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Spec, I'm having a hard time understanding just how un-interested you found that factoid. Perhaps if there was some sort of chart or graph to help illustrate your point.

The chart below illustrates some activities that I may or may not find interesting. Please note where your factoid placed on the chart.

New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... Image111
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 11:19 am

Well, I beat "watching panit dry", so at least I got that going for me. Thanks for that buddy. My goal is to overtake the shaving of the nutsack. I'm gonna have my work cut out for me for sure.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 12:07 pm

New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... Lol Another fun day at the HoM, courtesy of the Spec-charts!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 12:07 pm

BTW: I thought the factoid thingy ruled!

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 12:37 pm

Quote :
A well known child actor, he starred as Kelly Leak in the comedy The Bad News Bears. He also starred in The Bad News Bears in Breaking Training and The Bad News Bears Go to Japan.

I had no idea this was the dude who played Kelly Leak in the Bad News Bears movies! I loved those growing up!!

New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... Leak290x208
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 12:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
...teenagers are the exact demographic this movie is shootin' for. Y'know, the punks that go to Blockbuster and don't bother to watch anything from before they were born, because it's "too old."

Yup. For about the past 15-20 years, Hollywood's main target audience has been 14 year old kids.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next