Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...

Go down 
+13
DallasBlack
sam
spiritoradio
thejokeriv
sheets
MetalGuy71
kmorg
tohostudios
A Handful of Wayne
DeathCult
Schbopo
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 12:48 pm

I'm not seeing this unless the them song is written and performed by Bruce Dickenson, Vinnie Vincent or Dokken!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 12:49 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
I'm not seeing this unless the them song is written and performed by Bruce Dickenson, Vinnie Vincent or Dokken!

I can join that protest. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 1:10 pm

Or Fates Warning...
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 10:47 pm

This re-make/boot looks to be a little more serious than the Friday the 13th one was ever meant to be, but I'll tell ya, I cringed a little when the title card "From Executive Producer Michael Bay" came up during the trailer. I will give it a chance, but if I get burned by Michael Bay one more time...I swear to God.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 11:11 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :
A well known child actor, he starred as Kelly Leak in the comedy The Bad News Bears. He also starred in The Bad News Bears in Breaking Training and The Bad News Bears Go to Japan.

I had no idea this was the dude who played Kelly Leak in the Bad News Bears movies! I loved those growing up!!

Now i know where i seen that funky mug before. New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 2 Icon_razz

He looks like a young Dennis Hopper.

New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 2 Leak290x208
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 11:59 pm

Saw the trailer, looks like another tired remake.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 2:34 am

sam wrote:
Saw the trailer, looks like another tired remake.

I'm with you on that.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 5:32 pm

I think I'd prefer another Freddy vs. Jason instead of all these remakes. But again I'm not a big slasher fan.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 8:47 am

So the new "Nightmare" opens today... ya think it's gonna be a hit, or will the "If it ain't Robert Englund, it ain't Freddy" fanboy backlash kill the movie?

My seven year old HATES the TV commercials for this movie, by the way. They freak him out. Haha. Everytime one comes on he hides his eyes and he sez "I DON'T LIKE this movie, Daddy! Do you like it?" ... to which I sez "Ehhh, I used to."

P.S. any chance this thread can get moved into the Movie/TV forum?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 9:11 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
So the new "Nightmare" opens today... ya think it's gonna be a hit, or will the "If it ain't Robert Englund, it ain't Freddy" fanboy backlash kill the movie?

My seven year old HATES the TV commercials for this movie, by the way. They freak him out. Haha. Everytime one comes on he hides his eyes and he sez "I DON'T LIKE this movie, Daddy! Do you like it?" ... to which I sez "Ehhh, I used to."

Like all horror movies, it will have a huge opening, then drop quickly. It'll be a hit
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 9:44 am

I know what's gonna happen. In a few scenes, some kids will die while having sex.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 11:26 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

You're wish is my command. Very Happy

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 11:27 am

kmorg wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

You're wish is my command. New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

You da man, K.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 9:21 am

Well, geez, that new "Elm Street" sank like an anchor didn't it?

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 9:30 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

That movie was major bust its run in the theatre's most have been less then a month
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 2:31 am

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

That movie was major bust its run in the theatre's most have been less then a month

That's what they get for trying to replace Robert Englund... there is no other actor that can play Freddy IMO.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 1:02 pm

I finally saw the new adaptation, and I will state this, it's average. I watched the first 40 minutes or so last night, and then turned it off. I was bored to death (no pun intended) with what was literally a rehash of the original. When I state it was a rehash, it was from the stand point of the characters and their eminent deaths. It's one thing to bring back the same characters, but if you're going to go down that route, then the director needs to exercise better judgment in how those characters are eliminated. The suspense was ultimately lacking. Then again, TPTB ( the powers that be) probably were hoping that your average run of the mill teenager hadn't seen the original. Unfortunately, I don't fit into that demographic, as I saw this movie a year after its original release.

I must have turned it off at the perfect time, because the second half of the film (as I watched it this morning) broke away from the expected and it ventured into new territory. One of the things that was very disappointing was how the adult characters were presented (Connie Britton & Clancy Brown). These are two well known actors, who could have/should have had a bigger role by movie's end, but TPTB felt for some reason it would be a great idea to have one dimensional characters or dolts in this case. When you have a movie where the average run of the mill teenager character is 10X more competent then the adults in the picture, then you have problems. I'm sure your average teenager seeing this film probably noticed this as well, which unfortunately lends more credence that dad and mom really don't know Jack Sh!t!

I thought Jackie Earl Haley did a pretty good job, considering he was recreating a iconic character in that of Freddy Kruger. The voice he gave Freddy Kruger was obviously different, but I found myself accepting his gruff style by films end. I found his look to even be acceptable, even though the original burned facade of Robert Englund is etched deeply in my psyche. Here's the thing, this movie was never going to topple the greatness of the original, but I've seen worse horror movies out there. My hope is that TPTB don't venture into a second installment, as by movie's end your typical Nightmare On Elm Street cliff hangar dons the final seconds of the film.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 1:05 pm

Still haven't seen this. Though I finally saw the "Friday the 13th" reboot about a month ago. Didn't love it, but didn't hate it either.

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 1:15 pm

I watched about 20 minutes of this earlier in the week, it was really boring and I really have no desire to see the rest. Jackie isn't bad as Krueger, but some classics just shouldn't be touched.

One thing I did find funny while reading about this film on other message boards though:

Alot of younger kids seem to be spouting off about how it's much better because Freddy looks like an actual burn victim and Englund's original look wasn't "authentic" enough. Uh wait, you're watching a movie about a spectre essentially stalking and killing people in their sleep, and you're worried about the burns looking accurate? Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 1:19 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Still haven't seen this. Though I finally saw the "Friday the 13th" reboot about a month ago. Didn't love it, but didn't hate it either.

Freddy, I've been getting movies at the library. My thought is, if they suck, then no money has been thrown away. I've been such a bad movie watcher over the last three years, so I'm playing a ton of catch up! It's funny that you brought up the Friday the 13th reboot, as I almost picked this one up as well. I've already seen it, but that was over two years ago. I'm finding that with some of these movies, especially horror movies, I need to watch them multiple times before I can decide that I like them. A couple of things that bothered me about the newest Friday was the location shoot (which needs to go back to your neck of the woods) and the fact that the original Friday score was nowhere to be heard. Funny enough, Steve Jablonsky who worked on Friday's score (and did an admirable job) also did the Nightmare score. I'm just a huge fan of Harry Manfredini and the work that he did on the first four films. To not have any of his previous work in the film was disappointing!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 1:31 pm

Honestly I didn't think the new "Friday" was any better, or any worse, than most of the original "F13" series. The only major change was that Jason wasn't an undead/zombie type anymore, he was just a psycho hillbilly with Mommy issues. Haha. Aside from that I found it to be pretty much business as usual.

I'm sure I'll get around to the new "Nightmare" sooner or later but I'm in no hurry. I was already burned out on Freddy Krueger long before the original series came to its merciful end.

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 1:35 pm

DeathCult wrote:
I watched about 20 minutes of this earlier in the week, it was really boring and I really have no desire to see the rest. Jackie isn't bad as Krueger, but some classics just shouldn't be touched.

One thing I did find funny while reading about this film on other message boards though:

Alot of younger kids seem to be spouting off about how it's much better because Freddy looks like an actual burn victim and Englund's original look wasn't "authentic" enough. Uh wait, you're watching a movie about a spectre essentially stalking and killing people in their sleep, and you're worried about the burns looking accurate? Laughing very hard

That sounds like your average teenager and how their thought process works. For the most part, you can't quibble about horror movies and how they're written, as logic is usually completely abandoned. Of course there is an amendment to that rule, when you take what I consider a sophisticated horror genre in that of the Friday franchise and turn them into a laughing stock. Like, having Jason Voorhees dead carcass being raised from the dead (and making him Herculean strong), taking him to New York, having his spirit jump from one individual to another (because someone decided to devour his dead heart), and finally launching him into outer space. There's a formula, and it's called: Camp counselors (young adults), woods, and human Jason (w/extraordinary healing powers), with stupid hillbilly cops that don't show up until the very end of the movie, after everyone has already been massacred!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 1:38 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Honestly I didn't think the new "Friday" was any better, or any worse, than most of the original "F13" series. The only major change was that Jason wasn't an undead/zombie type anymore, he was just a psycho hillbilly with Mommy issues. Haha. Aside from that I found it to be pretty much business as usual.

I'm sure I'll get around to the new "Nightmare" sooner or later but I'm in no hurry. I was already burned out on Freddy Krueger long before the original series came to its merciful end.

"Merciful end" is about the best way to describe it. I still remember driving out to somewhere in central Jersey just so we could see "Freddy's Dead" in a drive in. At the time, that was the most pissed off I was at a movie ever. I've since bought the boxset, but still haven't watched this disc.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 1:43 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

"Merciful end" is about the best way to describe it. I still remember driving out to somewhere in central Jersey just so we could see "Freddy's Dead" in a drive in. At the time, that was the most pissed off I was at a movie ever. I've since bought the boxset, but still haven't watched this disc.

Never bothered with "Freddy's Dead" or "New Nightmare" to be honest. By the time those rolled out I was tired of the whole thing.

"Freddy Vs. Jason" was a hoot though, in a teenage-fanboy-dream-come-true kind of way.

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 1:46 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Never bothered with "Freddy's Dead" or "New Nightmare" to be honest. By the time those rolled out I was tired of the whole thing.

"Freddy Vs. Jason" was a hoot though, in a teenage-fanboy-dream-come-true kind of way.

I liked Freddy Vs. Jason quite a bit myself, haven't seen it since it came out though.

"New Nightmare" was actually really cool and a neat idea on Craven's part IMO, about evil manifesting in real life and taking the form of Freddy.

"Freddy's Dead" is just too into being "funny" as oppoesed to being a Nightmare movie. The Schtick ruined it for me originally.

In spite of that movie though, none of the Freddy movies have EVER been as bad as Jason Goes To Hell or Space.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...   New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Nightmare on Elm Street trailer...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next