Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lacuna Coil

Go down 
+15
Joe
ultmetal
Gilbert
Orion Crystal Ice
Eyesore
Addy
MetalRob331
Troublezone
mc666
manny
DallasBlack
Svengo
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lacuna Coil   Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 2:14 pm

Shallow Life isn't all that great. They're heading down a Flyleaf path at the moment :S
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Lacuna Coil   Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 2:45 pm

ChaliceOfFemmeMetal wrote:
Shallow Life isn't all that great. They're heading down a Flyleaf path at the moment :S

I don't know. I like "Shallow Life" pretty well. I know they are going in a much more commercial direction, but I don't mind it really.

I'm not very familiar with Flyleaf, but if they are like new Lacuna Coil - I might have to check into them.

Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Lacuna Coil   Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 2:50 pm

Big fat ball of suck. The sound leading the way for today's latest and greatest musical mediocrity. Fuels the ambitious leanings of 'modern' as a dirty word. Slyly placed sexism to a fault. Completely useless as music, art, or simple entertainment.

Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lacuna Coil   Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 2:54 pm

They are like the new LC with amazing lyrics but a headache inducing tween singer.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Lacuna Coil   Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 3:03 pm

yeah, that band is almost forgettable except for that wall-shattering (in a bad way) voice.

however, I am pleased a group with such lyrical themes is actually embraced by kids.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lacuna Coil   Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 3:05 pm

Good lyrics are one of the only things that make Flyleaf slightly tolerable.

I would just like to point out LC rarely have any decent lyrics.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Lacuna Coil   Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 4:41 pm

I like both flyleaf and Lacuna Coil, both great bands IMO.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Lacuna Coil   Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 5:49 pm

manny wrote:
I like both flyleaf and Lacuna Coil, both great bands IMO.

I'll have to check into Flyleaf. It seems you and I have a lot of similar taste, so I bet I'll really like em.

And yeah - Lacuna Coil rules! Lacuna Coil - Page 3 11840
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Lacuna Coil   Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 12:11 pm

Are we talking metal here?
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Lacuna Coil   Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 12:46 pm

I love Lacuna Coil I havent heard the newest one yet

Im with MB they RULE!!!!!!!!!

Flyleaf is ok, my wife and i got one album by them but its been awhile since ive spun them
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Lacuna Coil   Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 4:33 pm

Gilbert wrote:

Their older stuff is quite heavy, gothic metal. Their new stuff is still gothic metal, but they have gone in a more poppy direction.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Lacuna Coil   Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 4:34 pm

Addy wrote:
I love Lacuna Coil I havent heard the newest one yet

Im with MB they RULE!!!!!!!!!

Flyleaf is ok, my wife and i got one album by them but its been awhile since ive spun them

Addy, if you can - pick up their new one, "Shallow Life". I think you'll like it. It's more pop oriented, but still quite good.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Lacuna Coil   Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 6:50 pm

I think ive heard a few samples and liked what I heard
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Lacuna Coil   Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 10:00 pm

Gilbert wrote:

Sitting here listening to Shallow Life, and no we are not talking metal. This is that modern, psuedo-goth, alternative rock that pollutes the airwaves. BLECH! What's to like about this?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Lacuna Coil   Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 10:15 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Sitting here listening to Shallow Life, and no we are not talking metal. This is that modern, psuedo-goth, alternative rock that pollutes the airwaves. BLECH! What's to like about this?

This

I picked this up for my wife a while back as she likes Lacuna Coil, and she never plays it anymore. And when she did it did nothing for either of us. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Lacuna Coil   Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 10:24 pm

I personally love them, and Christina has an amazing voice.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Lacuna Coil   Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 10:36 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

It is metal just not your flavor of Metal Ult, remember all those nay-sayers who say Aerosmith in the 70s wasnt metal same principle and oh yeah Aerosmith was metal by the standards of the time

I dig Autumn I have to say Over Lacuna Coil but its not by much
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Lacuna Coil   Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 10:38 pm

This band = a bunch of the worst ideas to come out in modern music, and some good ones only extremely watered down, in a big colorless blender.

IMO Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Lacuna Coil   Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 10:44 pm

Addy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

It is metal just not your flavor of Metal Ult, remember all those nay-sayers who say Aerosmith in the 70s wasnt metal same principle and oh yeah Aerosmith was metal by the standards of the time

I dig Autumn I have to say Over Lacuna Coil but its not by much

What's metal about 'em? Aerosmith were metal in the 70's by 70's standards. However, Just Push Play by any standards is a pop album. (That I happen to like.) By modern standards what makes "Shallow Life" metal? Sounds like modern pop to me. Maybe some of their other albums are metal. I've only ever really heard "Shallow Life" from beginning to end.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Lacuna Coil   Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 10:49 pm

Quote :
What's metal about 'em? Aerosmith were metal in
the 70's by 70's standards. However, Just Push Play by any standards is
a pop album. (That I happen to like.) By modern standards what makes
"Shallow Life" metal? Sounds like modern pop to me. Maybe some of their
other albums are metal. I've only ever really heard "Shallow Life" from
beginning to end.

Im sorry I wasnt referring to Shallow Life Ive yet to hear it I was just basing what i was saying on the stuff I have heard by Lacuna Coil my bad.....

I couldnt get into Just Push Play, I tried but I failed
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Lacuna Coil   Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 10:15 am

Dusted off LC's SHALLOW LIFE for the first time in a long while yesterday... and yeah, it's still dull as dishwater. Pass me the COMALIES please. SHALLOW LIFE is going back on my trade list.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Lacuna Coil   Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 12:44 pm

Listening to Unleashed Memories right now...and it struck me...Christina Sacbbia sounds like Natalie Merchant...

Shocked

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Lacuna Coil   Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 10:10 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Listening to Unleashed Memories right now...and it struck me...Christina Sacbbia sounds like Natalie Merchant...

Shocked
Huge Merchant and 10,000 maniacs fan here!!!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Lacuna Coil   Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 8:46 pm

I really like Comalies but anything after that i havent really checked out though I do like their version of Enjoy The Silence
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Lacuna Coil   Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 2:37 am

Unleashed Memories is such a great album. i don't give a f*ck if it's "metal" or not.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lacuna Coil   Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lacuna Coil
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next