Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Redemption - This Mortal Coil

Go down 
+4
GrandNational
kmorg
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Redemption - This Mortal Coil Empty
PostSubject: Redemption - This Mortal Coil   Redemption - This Mortal Coil Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 4:14 pm

One of my most anticipated of the year. Can't wait for this one!

Redemption - This Mortal Coil 1309449312

Diggin' that cover. Real dark. Speaking of covers, looks like the limited edition will have a bonus disc of six cover tunes.

Funeral For A Friend/Love Lies Bleeding (Originally by Elton John)
Jane (Originally by Starship)
Hold The Line (Originally by Toto)
Edge Of The Blade (Originally by Journey)
Love To Love (Originally by UFO)
Precious Things (Originally by Tori Amos)

Nice selection of tunes. Tori Amos? Big fan of that chick, so I'm excited to hear that one. I wonder if it'll be heavy or more like the original with primarily piano?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Redemption - This Mortal Coil   Redemption - This Mortal Coil Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 5:06 pm

"Hold the Line"?

I hope my head doesn't explode from headbanging too hard to that one. Brutal stuff.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Redemption - This Mortal Coil   Redemption - This Mortal Coil Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 5:28 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
"Hold the Line"?

I hope my head doesn't explode from headbanging too hard to that one. Brutal stuff.
I can never tell if you're being serious or sarcastic. lol!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Redemption - This Mortal Coil   Redemption - This Mortal Coil Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 2:37 pm

Man, I can't keep up with this band!! I'm still on ordering "Snowfall"! Laughing

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Redemption - This Mortal Coil   Redemption - This Mortal Coil Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 2:41 pm

The Origins of Ruin was great. I don't have Snowfall either, but need to get these.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Redemption - This Mortal Coil   Redemption - This Mortal Coil Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 10:11 pm

I really enjoy Redemption. Of all the prog-metal bands out there, I hold that they are one of the best in the genre. These bonus disc songs are not your normal cover songs, which I guess could be expected as the band is a bit eclectic.
Cool choice on the "Edge Of The Blade" cover as Frontiers is my favourite Journey release and that track is as good as they got (IMO).
Will most definitely pick up this bonus disc version.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Redemption - This Mortal Coil   Redemption - This Mortal Coil Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 10:41 pm

Them covering that Journey tune had me looking to listen to it, but then I found out I didn't actually own the CD of that album. I went right out and bought it from Walmart the next day, but how the hell is it that I didn't own one of Journey's most famous albums? Weird.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Redemption - This Mortal Coil   Redemption - This Mortal Coil Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 2:05 pm

headbanger
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

PostSubject: Re: Redemption - This Mortal Coil   Redemption - This Mortal Coil Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 1:07 am

I took the plunge and pre ordered the two disc version alongside the tee shirt that CMDistro has as a bundle deal: http://www.cmdistro.com/Search/redemption
Noonday Devil is a pretty fine tune, at least to my ears Smile .
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Redemption - This Mortal Coil   Redemption - This Mortal Coil Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 3:42 am

I hope that's not the real guitar tone on those covers, because it's kinda poopy.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

PostSubject: Re: Redemption - This Mortal Coil   Redemption - This Mortal Coil Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 10:20 pm

I can see this being in my top five of the year for me. It took a few spins to really appreciate all that is going on it. By far the heaviest and most aggressive of all their releases. You can tell Nyk has gone through a ton of crap and it was hopefully exorcised in the writing and making of this recording.

I wonder if some of the discs out there are a bit defective as I have seen more than a few people post at various places online that they do not like the mastering/mix/sound, but I cannot hear anything wrong with it. Sounds great on the stereo and computer, and the rip to the ipod is as strong.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Redemption - This Mortal Coil   Redemption - This Mortal Coil Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 11:07 pm

metalken wrote:
I can see this being in my top five of the year for me. It took a few spins to really appreciate all that is going on it. By far the heaviest and most aggressive of all their releases. You can tell Nyk has gone through a ton of crap and it was hopefully exorcised in the writing and making of this recording.

I wonder if some of the discs out there are a bit defective as I have seen more than a few people post at various places online that they do not like the mastering/mix/sound, but I cannot hear anything wrong with it. Sounds great on the stereo and computer, and the rip to the ipod is as strong.

Sounded just fine through my headphones on my MP3 player.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Redemption - This Mortal Coil   Redemption - This Mortal Coil Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 12:10 pm

I've been curious to test the waters with these guys and this seemed like the perfect opportunity. Lasers Edge has this 2cd album for $5 if anyone else is interested.

https://www.lasercd.com/cd/mortal-coil-2cd

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Redemption - This Mortal Coil   Redemption - This Mortal Coil Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 4:10 pm

I thought that this thread was about the band This Mortal Coil and a record called Redemption. Embarassed 

Now that I think about it, that would be weird for this site! lol! 

This Mortal Coil were great though  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Redemption - This Mortal Coil   Redemption - This Mortal Coil Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Redemption - This Mortal Coil
Page 1 of 1