Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Martyrd- The Mortal Coil

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Martyrd- The Mortal Coil Empty
PostSubject: Martyrd- The Mortal Coil   Martyrd- The Mortal Coil Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 7:29 pm

These guys are from Queens NY. I've played a few shows with them and our bands became friends. I haven't seen or heard them since I stopped doing any band activities, but their guitarist posted they had a new album out and you can download the whole album for free for one week only. So check it out if you like Thrash metal you'll like these guys if you don't you still might like them check it out and find out for yourself. If they sucked I wouldn't have even mentioned it lol!

http://www.purevolume.com/Martyrd/albums/The+Mortal+Coil

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Martyrd- The Mortal Coil   Martyrd- The Mortal Coil Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 7:42 pm

That's not too bad; a little too thrashy for my tastes but I like the music.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Martyrd- The Mortal Coil   Martyrd- The Mortal Coil Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 9:02 pm

I have the cd, had for about a month now.

Wargod
Back to top Go down
rawr!
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 372

PostSubject: Re: Martyrd- The Mortal Coil   Martyrd- The Mortal Coil Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 1:27 am

too much core
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Martyrd- The Mortal Coil   Martyrd- The Mortal Coil Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 1:03 pm

rawr! wrote:
too much core

What?

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Martyrd- The Mortal Coil   Martyrd- The Mortal Coil Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 7:14 pm

the music had too much metalcore in it. props to them for offering it for free, though.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Martyrd- The Mortal Coil   Martyrd- The Mortal Coil Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:03 pm

I have no idea where you get metalcore from. They aren't even close to being metalcore.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Martyrd- The Mortal Coil   Martyrd- The Mortal Coil Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:10 pm

I guees maybe that is what he listens too I don't hear it either!

Wargod
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Martyrd- The Mortal Coil   Martyrd- The Mortal Coil Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:16 pm

I didn't listen to the whole thing but I didn't hear any "core" in what I did listen to.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Martyrd- The Mortal Coil   Martyrd- The Mortal Coil Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:42 pm

don\'t know

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Martyrd- The Mortal Coil   Martyrd- The Mortal Coil Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:48 pm

i hear a metalcore influenced take on melodic thrash with the metalcore primarily manifesting in the guitar writing. they even employ breakdowns and breakdown style riffing in the 3 songs i listened to. i decided to check on metal-archives and im not the only one who hears metalcore in their music. i guess im just a purist or something, or, well, more like anti-core in my metal, because i like death/thrash and black/thrash and crossover. power/thrash is just alright :-p.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Martyrd- The Mortal Coil   Martyrd- The Mortal Coil Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 10:49 pm

Dude, that retarded "Maniac" review on metal-archives is the biggest verbal turd I've ever read. Whoever wrote it is a deaf smurf!

I haven't heard the new album, but "Maniac" is mega-awesome and totally neglected THRASH gem with razor-sharp riffing out of this world! If I have to compare it to something I'd say it is the album ARTILLERY never wrote after "By Inheritance"! To say it is metal-core only speak volumes about how incompetent someone can be. Don't follow that mistake. God gave you ears, USE them and hear for yourself.

P.S. I reiterate the above is said about "Maniac" as I haven't heard the new album yet (apart from one song, which sounded a tad modern, I have to admit).

Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Martyrd- The Mortal Coil   Martyrd- The Mortal Coil Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:01 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Martyrd- The Mortal Coil   Martyrd- The Mortal Coil Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Martyrd- The Mortal Coil
Page 1 of 1