Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Defiance "The Prophecy"

Go down 
+14
scottmitchell74
T-Roy
exact33
stevegarveyfan
MetalFRO
Metallic Blaze
sam
Stender
Coma
ultmetal
mc666
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Defiance "The Prophecy" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defiance "The Prophecy"   Defiance "The Prophecy" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 1:15 am

Yeah, "Void Terra Firma" is a fine thrash platter. Reminds me a bit of Testament, only different.

I'm game for the new one.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Defiance "The Prophecy"   Defiance "The Prophecy" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 5:43 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Yeah, "Void Terra Firma" is a fine thrash platter. Reminds me a bit of Testament, only different.

That was my impression on that album too. I really love the killer cover of Killers. I found the CD used and got it again but I can't find it now and I didn't put it in my computer. If I can get off my lazy ask and organize my crap I will probably find it (along with some other CDs).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Defiance "The Prophecy"   Defiance "The Prophecy" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 3:20 am

I just received this album this morning. Brutal. Worth buying
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Defiance "The Prophecy"   Defiance "The Prophecy" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 8:21 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I just received this album this morning. Brutal. Worth buying

It's toward the top of my list for sure!

When did this come out?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defiance "The Prophecy"   Defiance "The Prophecy" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 4:21 pm

Finally got my hands on this one. I'm surprised the thrash contigent on this board hasn't gone apecrap for this. Killer Bay area thrash! Not as good as the new Heathen, but it's still great.

My only complaint is that Steev Esquivel is straight up doing a Chuck Billy imitation. Smile
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Defiance "The Prophecy"   Defiance "The Prophecy" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 8:08 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Finally got my hands on this one. I'm surprised the thrash contigent on this board hasn't gone apecrap for this. Killer Bay area thrash! Not as good as the new Heathen, but it's still great.

My only complaint is that Steev Esquivel is straight up doing a Chuck Billy imitation. Defiance "The Prophecy" - Page 2 Icon_smile

I'll pick it up eventually.Its not a main priority.I can definitely hear the Billy comparison.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Defiance "The Prophecy"   Defiance "The Prophecy" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 8:17 am

I've tried to get into their music in the past but i just see them as a generic 3rd wave thrash band. And Steev is a Chuck Billy ripoff... he even tried to look like him at one time.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Defiance "The Prophecy"   Defiance "The Prophecy" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 3:48 pm

Did anyone else ever get this album? I found it at FYE today and snatched it up. Pretty killer album, my only complaint being that yeah, the vocals sound too much like wannabe Chuck Billy.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Defiance "The Prophecy"   Defiance "The Prophecy" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 7:36 pm

adrian wrote:
Did anyone else ever get this album? I found it at FYE today and snatched it up. Pretty killer album, my only complaint being that yeah, the vocals sound too much like wannabe Chuck Billy.
since when is sounding like Chuck Billy a bad thing?

adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Defiance "The Prophecy"   Defiance "The Prophecy" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 7:58 pm

mc666 wrote:
since when is sounding like Chuck Billy a bad thing?
It's not really a bad thing, just from what I've heard of the earlier albums the vocals were a little more unique sounding. But that was just a first impression, I need to listen to it some more
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Defiance "The Prophecy"   Defiance "The Prophecy" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 1:19 am

gave this album a fresh spin last night. Still sounds awesome. Is defiance still around? We definitely need a new release!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Defiance "The Prophecy"   Defiance "The Prophecy" - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Defiance "The Prophecy"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2