Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trouble Anyone?

Go down 
+9
Gilbert
k
nevermore
GrandNational
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
DeathCult
FlyingV
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
FlyingV
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

Trouble Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Trouble Anyone?   Trouble Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 12:11 pm

Anyone looking forward to the new Trouble CD called The Dark Riff? According to Bruce and Rick its going to be heavy even by their standards. It will be interesting to hear what Korey does on the new album. I saw Trouble live last year with Korey and he was largely hit and miss as he was still learning a great deal of the lyrics. The band just slayed though and put on a good show overall. Really nice guys too.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Trouble Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble Anyone?   Trouble Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 12:15 pm

Id be more interested in it if Eric was on vocals.

Last edited by DeathCult on Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Trouble Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble Anyone?   Trouble Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 12:15 pm

I'm a Trouble fanboy and a massive Kory Clarke/Warrior Soul fanboy so this is a win-win for me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Trouble Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble Anyone?   Trouble Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 12:18 pm

By most accounts, Korey's voice is shot and overall not a good choice, stylistically, for Trouble. That being said, I'm more that willing to give this new disc a shot.

Trouble are a fairly recent discovery for me (within the last 3 or 4 years), so I'm not so hard-nosed about the direction/progession of the band. If the music is good and the vocals are decent (studio-magic can work wonders), it could be a fine release.

Trouble Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble Anyone?   Trouble Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 12:21 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Id be more interested in Eric was on vocals.

Ditto. I may download it.
Back to top Go down

Trouble Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble Anyone?   Trouble Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 12:22 pm

I'll preview it...doubt I buy it ...
Back to top Go down

Trouble Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble Anyone?   Trouble Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 12:23 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I'll probably trade something to Shawn for his preview copy. Smile
Back to top Go down

Trouble Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble Anyone?   Trouble Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 12:26 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I'll probably trade something to Shawn for his preview copy. Smile

I don't do reviews anymore, bro...no more promos for me.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Trouble Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble Anyone?   Trouble Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 1:35 pm

Trouble is one of my favorite bands so i will definately get it. It's just like my other favorite band Alice in Chains... different singer but the music is still good. Smile
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

Trouble Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble Anyone?   Trouble Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:01 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Trouble is one of my favorite bands so i will definately get it. It's just like my other favorite band Alice in Chains... different singer but the music is still good. Smile

See while this is true, and I actually like Kory in Warrior Soul, I just do not like him in Trouble. Something sounds really off about it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Trouble Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble Anyone?   Trouble Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:02 pm

I will admit that the few clips I've seen of Kory fronting Trouble on YouTube have not been all that great, but I am withholding judgment till I hear studio recorded material. Who knows, maybe if they get Kory to lay off the smokes & vodka for a week or two before he records his vocals he might sound a whole lot better... Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

Trouble Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble Anyone?   Trouble Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I will admit that the few clips I've seen of Kory fronting Trouble on YouTube have not been all that great, but I am withholding judgment till I hear studio recorded material. Who knows, maybe if they get Kory to lay off the smokes & vodka for a week or two before he records his vocals he might sound a whole lot better... Laughing

As long as he stops singing End Of My Daze I might not have to kill him Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Trouble Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble Anyone?   Trouble Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:12 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

See while this is true, and I actually like Kory in Warrior Soul, I just do not like him in Trouble. Something sounds really off about it.

I think he can pull off the psychedelic stuff but he is plain wrong for the Doom. I'm mainly interested because i am looking forward to see what Bruce came up with musically.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Trouble Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble Anyone?   Trouble Anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 7:31 pm

So I'm listening to the first 2 Trouble albums today and realized that I don't think Trouble is all that great. Am I weird? Or do other people feel that Trouble is not as great as some make them out to be. I love the Doom genre probably more than any other, but Trouble just does not move me.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Trouble Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble Anyone?   Trouble Anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 7:56 pm

DeathCult wrote:

Same here.
Back to top Go down

Trouble Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble Anyone?   Trouble Anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 8:01 pm

It's just opinions but I love through the self titled album. They put a different spin on the whole doom genre.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Trouble Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble Anyone?   Trouble Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 9:52 am

GrandNational wrote:
So I'm listening to the first 2 Trouble albums today and realized that I don't think Trouble is all that great. Am I weird? Or do other people feel that Trouble is not as great as some make them out to be. I love the Doom genre probably more than any other, but Trouble just does not move me.

To each their own i guess... I think they are great.
Back to top Go down
k
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 2

Trouble Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble Anyone?   Trouble Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:01 am

I dig Trouble- have all their proper albums. Plastic Green Head is my least favorite. Not sure what to think with Eric gone, but I'm more of a Bruce Franklin fan anyway.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Trouble Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble Anyone?   Trouble Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 2:18 pm

nevermore wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

Same here.

Amen to that
Back to top Go down
Black Coffee
Metal student
Metal student
Black Coffee

Number of posts : 119

Trouble Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble Anyone?   Trouble Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 2:27 pm

Kory in Trouble is an unfortunate case of "the sum is less than its parts." Just not a good fit.

That being said, I hope the new album is a return to the sound of their 80s work.
Back to top Go down

Trouble Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble Anyone?   Trouble Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 2:28 pm

Any idea when we'll start hearing clips or anything? I am curious to hear a studio recording w/ Kory...
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

Trouble Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble Anyone?   Trouble Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 8:26 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Am I weird?

Yup. Trouble Anyone? Lol

First two Trouble albums are stone dead classics imo. Psalm 9 is just about my favorite doom metal album to come out of the US.
Back to top Go down
metallicleora
Metal student
Metal student
metallicleora

Number of posts : 142

Trouble Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble Anyone?   Trouble Anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 8:18 pm

I don't know what to think with Eric gone either, I might get it anyway
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

Trouble Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble Anyone?   Trouble Anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:36 am

The new song sucked anyway. Trouble are done imo.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

Trouble Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble Anyone?   Trouble Anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:52 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
The new song sucked anyway. Trouble are done imo.

I'm hoping Eric & Oly come back at some point, I love Trouble and would hate for THIS to be their swansong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trouble Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble Anyone?   Trouble Anyone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trouble Anyone?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next