Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

More Trouble for Trouble!

Go down 
+6
thejokeriv
Troublezone
Tall Tyrion
rattpoison
mc666
Fat Freddy
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

More Trouble for Trouble! Empty
PostSubject: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 9:47 pm

Yet another shakeup in the Trouble camp... sheesh, this band is cursed Sad

Drummer JEFF 'OLY' OLSON Quits TROUBLE - July 31, 2008

TROUBLE drummer Jeff "Oly" Olson has issued the following statement:

"Under great consideration, I have decided to part ways with TROUBLE. My reasons are justified. I felt like I was never taken seriously as a musician with the guys from TROUBLE, but I did the best I could in that 28-year effort with the band. That is all I would like to say for now. However, this is not a retirement from the music industry for I have my band, RETRO GRAVE, with the full-length coming out in a few months with fine players (the EP was a solo effort).

"I thank the TROUBLE fans for all their support and dedication and I'm sorry if I Iet you down. Moreover, I will say that Bruce [Franklin, guitar] and Rick [Wartell, guitar] are the drive and sound for TROUBLE and every one else are replaceable, so I'm sure they will carry on well.

"It's been an honor to have played with Bruce, Rick and Eric [Wagner, former TROUBLE singer].

"I would also like to mention to Kerrang! magazine that I'm not leaving to become a preacher as you once noted many years ago and never corrected."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 9:54 pm

Glad I got to see them before he split. I've changed my mind on this band and now think they need to call it a day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 9:55 pm

Good. Now maybe they will just stop.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 10:48 pm

i hear Steven Adler just got out of jail. give him a call.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 10:58 pm

mc666 wrote:
i hear Steven Adler just got out of jail. give him a call.

...or they could just borrow Warrior Soul's drummer too. Hell, change the name of the band to "Warrior Trouble" or "Trouble Soul" or somethin' Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 12:48 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

...or they could just borrow Warrior Soul's drummer too. Hell, change the name of the band to "Warrior Trouble" or "Trouble Soul" or somethin' Laughing

Those names seem to fit them at the moment....if Trouble is cursed then the last thing they would wan't is a Warrior Soul drummer!

I still want a piece of plastic from these guys so i can say it's good or bad.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 12:57 am

Stick a fork in 'em.

Shame, too. One of my favorite bands.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 10:27 am

Damn this sucks!!! Well at least it wasn't Bruce Franklin that left or i would ditch this band. I like Oly but he's wrong about "everyone can be replaced" because Eric Wagner was a huge part of their sound and he wrote the lyrics their known for.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 10:44 am

I thought they were done with the new singer - very few bands can survive a singer change. Bands can survive a drummer change, but the singer change is tough
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 11:21 am

Quote :
I felt like I was never taken seriously as a musician

You would think, after all these years, he would know that's how all drummers are treated.

Last edited by DenimAndLeather on Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 11:24 am

DenimAndLeather wrote:
Quote :

You would think, after all these years, that's how all drummers are treated.

Wasn't that an old joke?

What do you call a guy that hangs out with musicians all day?

A drummer.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 12:18 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
DenimAndLeather wrote:
Quote :

You would think, after all these years, that's how all drummers are treated.

Wasn't that an old joke?

What do you call a guy that hangs out with musicians all day?

A drummer.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: re   More Trouble for Trouble! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 1:03 pm

Yeah Trouble needs to call it a day. When they were here in Vegas it was good, but the drummer was a big part of why they were good. I still won't give up on them just yet, but it will either make them better or they will all decide to hang Trouble up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 5:00 pm

Jeff Olson was one of the main things that I dug about Trouble's early albums...and why although I like the later Def American dates (Trouble, Manic Frustration)...they just don't sound the same without Olson on board. That's also why Run To The Light was such a disaster, the drummer on that album was terrible. Although I know that there aren't many fans of Plastic Green Head around here, I for one was thrilled when he rejoined the band.

Note: At the Trouble show I just saw a few weeks ago, Jeff didn't spend any time with the rest of the band. He sat in the t-shirt booth the entire evening before the show while the rest of the group was in the dressing room...he didn't have any contact with them until they got on stage. At the time I just figured he was psyching himself up for the gig...but now I'm thinking there were other reasons behind it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 5:49 pm

Olson wasn't even on their best record (the S/T) so really, is it a loss? The only worse thing that can happen to this band is if Bruce Franklin loses an arm during a shark attack.

Shark Week. This week on Discovery Channel. Check your local listings.

I just made a nickel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 5:52 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Olson wasn't even on their best record (the S/T) so really, is it a loss? The only worse thing that can happen to this band is if Bruce Franklin loses an arm during a shark attack.

I guess it depends on your opinion of their best album, to me it's not Trouble (1990) but would either be Psalm 9 or The Skull.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 6:47 pm

To me, it's not so much that Oly is irreplacable, it's that both he and Eric left within such a short period of time. When a band starts hemmoraging members, there is usually a reason.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 8:24 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
To me, it's not so much that Oly is irreplacable, it's that both he and Eric left within such a short period of time. When a band starts hemmoraging members, there is usually a reason.

I heard that Bruce refuses to wear pants in the tour van.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 8:28 pm

They should pack it in, Simple Mind wasnt all that great. Why ruin a legacy?
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 12:31 am

That sucks. This band got me into doom, well, besides Black Sabbath. I hope something works for them though i'm not expecting much with the new singer.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 12:53 am

people are always so quick to write bands off. i'll wait for new material. SMC wasn't the best, but it wasn't bad either. more stoner than doom. it'll be interesting to see what they come up with when they have fresh blood in the band.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 3:14 am

As long as Bruce is in he band i'll be a fan but one thing concerns me... Eric Wagner wrote all their lyrics and i don't think the new singer will be able to continue that style.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 6:28 am

troublezone wrote:
As long as Bruce is in he band i'll be a fan but one thing concerns me... Eric Wagner wrote all their lyrics and i don't think the new singer will be able to continue that style.

You'd think Eric's observations of a sick world would be in line with what Kory's got to say.

People keep going on about the differences and supposed incompatibilities between Trouble and Kory Clarke's music, but you would find alot of common ground both share musically and attitude wise.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 9:30 am

rattpoison wrote:
troublezone wrote:

You'd think Eric's observations of a sick world would be in line with what Kory's got to say.

People keep going on about the differences and supposed incompatibilities between Trouble and Kory Clarke's music, but you would find alot of common ground both share musically and attitude wise.

But Eric puts a religious refrence to alot of his lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 12:48 pm

Quote :
But Eric puts a religious refrence to alot of his lyrics.

You mean, he USED to. Their last 3 albums have nothing of that sort.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More Trouble for Trouble!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next