Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Haul!! Can't wait till it hits the mail box

Go down 
+2
TheGooch
scottmitchell74
6 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

New Haul!! Can't wait till it hits the mail box Empty
PostSubject: New Haul!! Can't wait till it hits the mail box   New Haul!! Can't wait till it hits the mail box Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 10:31 pm

Allen/Lande - The Revenge - I love the first one and most people say this one is close to if not as good or better....

Sonata Arctica - Unia - I've heard good things....slowed down a little I understand, but their slower stuff is good too

Nightmare - Cosmovision - Had this once for a month via a trial download...great stuff..glad to pay for it

Domine - The Stormbringer Ruler - I love powermetal and the cheesier the better. I have Dragonlord and it's pretty good...supposedly this one trumps earlier stuff...here's hoping!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Haul!! Can't wait till it hits the mail box   New Haul!! Can't wait till it hits the mail box Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 12:59 am

[quote="scottmitchell74"]Allen/Lande - The Revenge - I love the first one and most people say this one is close to if not as good or better....[quote]
It's a killer album! It's at least just as good, but I've not had it long enough to say if it's better or not.

Quote :
Sonata Arctica - Unia - I've heard good things....slowed down a little I understand, but their slower stuff is good too
This album is different. It is slower, and even—dare I say—slightly progressive. It may take a few spins to sink in, but it's a really good album. It's just different.

If Unia doesn't do it for you, definitely check out Words Untold & Dreams Unlived by Serenity. It was just released, and it's pretty amazing. I recommend it either way, but it sounds a lot like Sonata Arctica.

http://www.serenity-band.com (Media player here)
http://www.serenity-band.com/wudu_content/mp3/reducedcompletenapalm.mp3 (Clip)
www.myspace.com/serenitybandtyrol

Definitely check them out.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: New Haul!! Can't wait till it hits the mail box   New Haul!! Can't wait till it hits the mail box Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 5:59 am

my new haul is

black sabbath - sabbath bloody sabbath
dream theater - images and words
ozzy osbourne - blizzard of ozz
annihilator - metal
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: New Haul!! Can't wait till it hits the mail box   New Haul!! Can't wait till it hits the mail box Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 8:37 am

I'm waitin' for some promos to arrive in the mail from my e-zine contact... Beatallica's SGT. HETFIELD'S MOTORBREATH PUB BAND and ROOM FULL OF SINNERS by the Cursed (side project of Bobby Blitz from Overkill and Dan Lorenzo of Hades)... can't wait to hear'em!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: New Haul!! Can't wait till it hits the mail box   New Haul!! Can't wait till it hits the mail box Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 8:50 am

dude what is the hetfield pub band thing sounds freakin awesome
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Haul!! Can't wait till it hits the mail box   New Haul!! Can't wait till it hits the mail box Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 9:46 am

TheGooch wrote:

http://www.beatallica.org/
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Haul!! Can't wait till it hits the mail box   New Haul!! Can't wait till it hits the mail box Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 9:59 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
TheGooch wrote:

[url=http://www.beatallica.org/
http://www.beatallica.org/[/quote[/url]]

What he said. Smile Hilarious stuff. The singer is a dead-on Hetfield impersonator (especially how he ends nearly every lyric with a Jamez-style "Yeea-EAH!"), and the mash-ups of Beatles and Metallica lyrics/titles will have you rolling on the floor (i.e. "Blackened The USSR," "And Justice For All My Loving," "Everybody's Got A Ticket To Ride Except For Me And My Lightning," etc.)
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: New Haul!! Can't wait till it hits the mail box   New Haul!! Can't wait till it hits the mail box Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 8:18 pm

I have the first 2 on your list but have not spun them yet!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Haul!! Can't wait till it hits the mail box   New Haul!! Can't wait till it hits the mail box Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 10:22 pm

I got an unexpected haul of promos in the mail today... not the ones I mentioned above but a whole different batch, including Blood Tsunami's THRASH METAL, Onslaught's KILLING PEACE, and a few others whose names I can't remember right now... sweet! I love when stuff just shows up in my mail out of the blue. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Haul!! Can't wait till it hits the mail box   New Haul!! Can't wait till it hits the mail box Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 11:41 pm

Complete CDs? I got about 12 in the mail the other day, all were in cardboard slipcases except one—Symphorce's Become Death—which I already own. So I traded it on lala...and got a frickin' Less Than Jake CD for it. Laaaaaaame! Haha.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: New Haul!! Can't wait till it hits the mail box   New Haul!! Can't wait till it hits the mail box Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 4:24 am

These should hit my mailbox sometime next week:

Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos
Megadeth - United Abominations
Zero Hour - Specs of Pictures Burnt Beyond
The Hidden Hand - Mother Teacher Destroyer
The Hidden Hand - Ressurection of Whiskey Foote
Bolt Thrower - ....For Victory
Vintersorg - Solens Rotter
Becoming the Archetype - Physics of Fire

Ya, it's going to be a good week in metal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Haul!! Can't wait till it hits the mail box   New Haul!! Can't wait till it hits the mail box Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 7:30 am

That Zero Hour album was my number one of 2006. Such a killer CD! Great guys, too.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Haul!! Can't wait till it hits the mail box   New Haul!! Can't wait till it hits the mail box Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 8:32 am

Eyesore wrote:
Complete CDs? I got about 12 in the mail the other day, all were in cardboard slipcases except one—Symphorce's Become Death—which I already own. So I traded it on lala...and got a frickin' Less Than Jake CD for it. Laaaaaaame! Haha.

Yea, they're all complete CDs ... don't know much about any of these bands but I'm looking forward to checking these out! I got:

Onslaught - KILLING PEACE
Pownd -CIRCLE OF POWER
Blood Tsunami - THRASH METAL (best...band name...EVER, haha! And the title certainly lets you know what to expect eh?)
Pro-Pain - AGE OF TYRANNY
Verismo - CITY OF KINGS
Autumn Black - BENEATH THE SHADOWS

All are in cardboard sleeves except for the last two. I listened to a couple of tracks off of each last night and so far I'd say that the Onslaught is definitely a keeper, Pownd isn't as bad as I expected from the dumb band name, and Blood Tsunami sound like a Kreator tribute band. The rest are gonna need some more spins to fully sink in...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Haul!! Can't wait till it hits the mail box   New Haul!! Can't wait till it hits the mail box Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Haul!! Can't wait till it hits the mail box
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: