Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Project 86 - Wait For The Siren

Go down 
+7
DevZor
MetalFRO
ultmetal
bassman
Orion Crystal Ice
GrandNational
Eyesore
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Project 86 - Wait For The Siren Empty
PostSubject: Project 86 - Wait For The Siren   Project 86 - Wait For The Siren Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 9:52 pm

Looks like these guys are preparing to release in August a new album called Wait For The Siren.

Project 86 - Wait For The Siren 5e5659fea36711e1a92a1231381b6f02_7

Tracklisting:

1. Fall, Goliath, Fall
2. SOTS
3. Omerta's Sons
4. Off the Grid
5. New Transmission
6. Defector
7. The Crossfire Gambit
8. Blood Moon
9. Above the Desert Sea
10. Ghosts of Easter Rising
11. Avalantia
12. Take the Hill
13. Wait for the Siren

You can download an excellent new track by signing up to their e-mail list [url=]here[/url]. Can't wait for the album! The last album, Picket Fence Cartel, was awesome. Here's a track from it:

Quality.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Project 86 - Wait For The Siren   Project 86 - Wait For The Siren Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 10:02 pm

I really loved these guys back in the day, and still listen to them from time to time. Drawing Black Lines always gets me pumped.

One time I got the opportunity to meet them at an LA show and helped them to set up their equipment from the van. I think Andrew got tired of me blabbing away at him and told me to go get the speakers out and take them on stage Smile
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Project 86 - Wait For The Siren   Project 86 - Wait For The Siren Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 10:03 pm

I am probably one of few who immensely prefer the mixed stylings of 'Rival Factions', so anything that branches out the way that album does, I will check out. Always a lot of respect for Schwab and co.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Project 86 - Wait For The Siren   Project 86 - Wait For The Siren Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 10:33 pm

I like how each album is a little different, while still remaining P86, you know. I love when bands do that. Therapy? does that really well, too.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Project 86 - Wait For The Siren   Project 86 - Wait For The Siren Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 10:36 pm

That is one reason Rage is a big favorite of mine as well. If the music needs to move in a certain direction, then the players must make it so.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Project 86 - Wait For The Siren   Project 86 - Wait For The Siren Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 11:02 pm

I need to check out their more recent stuff, the last thing I bought of theirs was Truthless Heroes........I've got some catching up to do.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Project 86 - Wait For The Siren   Project 86 - Wait For The Siren Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 10:38 am

I owned their first album and it was terrible rapcore stuff. Hadn't given them a listen again. The song posted above isn't bad. Could have been better with a guitar solo break or something to break up the monotony of the main riff a bit.

Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Project 86 - Wait For The Siren   Project 86 - Wait For The Siren Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 11:04 am

ultmetal wrote:
I owned their first album and it was terrible rapcore stuff. Hadn't given them a listen again. The song posted above isn't bad. Could have been better with a guitar solo break or something to break up the monotony of the main riff a bit.

Gotta disagree. While Andrew Schwab's vocal delivery had a bit of that rapcore feel to it, in no way was he actually rapping. Sonic similarities to POD and other bands, yes, but nothing past their debut could reasonably be considered "rapcore" in the strictest sense. I would encourage you to listen to the next few albums - everything from their second album "Drawing Black Lines" through "Songs to Burn Your Bridges By" is great stuff. "Rival Factions" is quite melodic and has a unique feel to it. I don't own all their albums, but I quite like their sound. I challenge you to listen to their song "Spy Hunter" and not get pumped:

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Project 86 - Wait For The Siren   Project 86 - Wait For The Siren Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 11:15 am

Project 86 is one of those "numetal" bands that I really enjoy. But I gotta agree with Ult, the first album sucked. But they've made up for there bad debut in spades with every record since. They may not play a style that I (in general) enjoy, but they are great song writers and schaub is a very engaging and entertaining vocalist.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Project 86 - Wait For The Siren   Project 86 - Wait For The Siren Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 11:46 am

"Spy Hunter" rules! That's the song that made me a fan. I can understand some people calling them rapcore, but really that's a stretch. Surely there are moments similar to that style, but the overall vibe just doesn't fit the rapcore thing.

I think alt-rock/metal is pretty accurate.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Project 86 - Wait For The Siren   Project 86 - Wait For The Siren Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 12:15 pm

Like I said, I only owned the first album and as I recall, it was very much rapcore. I'm not saying anything about any album past that first one as it is the only one I've heard all the way through. I can say that it soured me towards this band I never even bothered listening to another song from them until today.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Project 86 - Wait For The Siren   Project 86 - Wait For The Siren Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 12:24 pm

MetalFRO wrote:
I challenge you to listen to their song "Spy Hunter" and not get pumped:

Thanks. I checked it out. Not bad, but not really my thing. Has a bit of a Sevendust vibe. Do they purposely not play guitar solos? Both these songs would benefit from a solo break.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Project 86 - Wait For The Siren   Project 86 - Wait For The Siren Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 4:31 pm

ultmetal wrote:
MetalFRO wrote:

Thanks. I checked it out. Not bad, but not really my thing. Has a bit of a Sevendust vibe. Do they purposely not play guitar solos? Both these songs would benefit from a solo break.
Oh, shut it, metalhead! lol!
Back to top Go down
Infinite
Metal student
Metal student
Infinite

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Project 86 - Wait For The Siren   Project 86 - Wait For The Siren Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:06 pm

I like some of their stuff, but reading Andrew's book kind of ruined this band for me. Man, that guy's a dick. There's a story in there about opening for Queensryche that's really insulting, both to the band and their fans. I was never a huge fan anyway, so it's no big loss. (and yes, I do listen to plenty of artists who are jerks, but I don't like P86 enough to overlook it in their case)
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Project 86 - Wait For The Siren   Project 86 - Wait For The Siren Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:20 pm

I remember when they first came out. Some kids from my church group liked them... I considered them a Rapcore type band. Very RATM influenced (in the beginning).

That "picket fence cartel" song sounded good. I'll have to check them out again.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Project 86 - Wait For The Siren   Project 86 - Wait For The Siren Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:33 pm

I didn't like much of the QR story either (but the bad breath part is funny), but I do enjoy and support the continual taking-to-task of the 'Christian music industry'.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Project 86 - Wait For The Siren   Project 86 - Wait For The Siren Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:40 pm

OK, I have the first P86 album and probably spun it a half time before shelving it.

That Spy Hunter song does nothing to change my mind. I challenge anyone to whistle the melody to that because there isn't one. I know some people don't care about melody but that's my #1 criterion when judging music.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Project 86 - Wait For The Siren   Project 86 - Wait For The Siren Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 7:22 pm

ultmetal wrote:
MetalFRO wrote:

I'm with you on guitar solos. The problem with most of the modern rock bands (particularly in the Christian market) is a lack of solos IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Project 86 - Wait For The Siren   Project 86 - Wait For The Siren Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 7:47 pm

There's a lot of stuff out there I would get into a lot more if they actually allowed the band to stretch out and do anything. Most recent example being Florence And The Machine. Beautiful stuff, but the music is so oddly sparse, buried under songbegins-vocals-vocals-vocals-vocals-lotsofvocals-songends, you wonder if there are really instruments and not just a bunch of harps and percussion conjured up with ProTools. Just doesn't breathe any.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Project 86 - Wait For The Siren   Project 86 - Wait For The Siren Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 9:35 pm

MetalFRO wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Gotta disagree. While Andrew Schwab's vocal delivery had a bit of that rapcore feel to it, in no way was he actually rapping. Sonic similarities to POD and other bands, yes, but nothing past their debut could reasonably be considered "rapcore" in the strictest sense. I would encourage you to listen to the next few albums - everything from their second album "Drawing Black Lines" through "Songs to Burn Your Bridges By" is great stuff. "Rival Factions" is quite melodic and has a unique feel to it. I don't own all their albums, but I quite like their sound. I challenge you to listen to their song "Spy Hunter" and not get pumped:

Funny you should post this video. At the show they played at the Hard Rock, the main highlight was them debuting this video for the first time to the crowd. I think Mark Salomon from the Crucified was there too. Or it was just some dude that looked exactly like him having a drink next to me at the bar talking to Andrew.

Does anyone have a link to this Queensryche story? I didn't even know they toured with them. I remember in 2000 working on promotions as they were on the Kings of the Game Tour with P.O.D., Hed PE and a baby Linkin Park before LP went on to sell 50 million albums worldwide. Looking back at that time and year gets me.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Project 86 - Wait For The Siren   Project 86 - Wait For The Siren Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 12:43 am

Quote :
I think Mark Salomon from the Crucified was there too. Or it was just some dude that looked exactly like him having a drink next to me at the bar talking to Andrew.

I'm sure they're good friends. Mark and Andrew seem to have a lot in common... From alternative rock to books.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project 86 - Wait For The Siren   Project 86 - Wait For The Siren Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Project 86 - Wait For The Siren
Page 1 of 1