Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black

Go down 
+11
DeathCult
Lurideath
AutumnShantel
nevermore
Eyesore
Shawn Of Fire
Troublezone
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
deathisgain
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black Empty
PostSubject: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 9:07 pm

https://soundcloud.com/user3105090/till-the-sun-turns-black
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 11:59 pm

This harkens back to the pre-Def American era. Eric is still completely distinctive, as is Jeff Olsen on drums. I'm interested to hear more.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 8:31 am

After hearing this track, I am interested in hearing more - that song alone sounds better than the latest Trouble album to my ears!
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 10:49 am

Definitely liking better than the latest Trouble.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 3:32 pm

It's got a nice groove swing to it. Me likee!

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 4:23 pm

Sounds good. I'll buy it.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 4:40 pm

The swing is courtesy of Mr Jeff Olsen on drums, a player that actually understands swing and how to apply it in heavy music.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 6:56 pm

Not bad... but Franklin/Wartell do it better. Just like Tony Iommi, they can't be touched. The main reason i'll get the album is because of Eric's vocals and lyrics.

Last edited by Troublezone on Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 8:58 pm

Sounds more like Trouble than the latest Trouble album...even going after that Wartel/Franklin guitar tone.

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 10:29 pm

I hate the singer Trouble has now, so this record will have to satisfy my craving.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 12:33 am

The single/EP they released already is really good. Looking forward to the full-length.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 5:29 pm

Sounds really good!!!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 7:24 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Sounds more like Trouble than the latest Trouble album...even going after that Wartel/Franklin guitar tone.

I don't think so... the latest album is just like Simple Mind Condition, only with a different vocal style. The Distortion Field is a good album.
Back to top Go down
AutumnShantel
Metal novice
Metal novice
AutumnShantel

Number of posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 6:57 pm

I like the sound of The Skull and Blackfinger both more than Trouble's latest album. But the singer Trouble has now doesn't sound as atrocious live as he does on the recordings.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 7:09 pm

AutumnShantel wrote:
I like the sound of The Skull and Blackfinger both more than Trouble's latest album. But the singer Trouble has now doesn't sound as atrocious live as he does on the recordings.

Even if you don't like his singing, he's far from atrocious. That title is reserved for Kory Clarke.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 7:20 pm

Kory Clarke was terrible, but the guy they have now doesn't fit the style of the band at all, so in my opinion they are equally bad choices.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 8:09 pm

I love the new Trouble album and I think Kyle Thomas does an outstanding job. I guess I am the odd one out here because I find this The Skull song rather boring. I am interested in hearing more from this album but for now I'll pass.
Back to top Go down
AutumnShantel
Metal novice
Metal novice
AutumnShantel

Number of posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 8:17 pm

Troublezone wrote:
AutumnShantel wrote:

Even if you don't like his singing, he's far from atrocious. That title is reserved for Kory Clarke.

Yeah I guess I should have said generic instead.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 11:06 pm

Wow! Excellent, had no idea these guys had formed this band.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 10:02 am

Coming Nov. 4th

The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black Theskullthosecd
"For Those Which Are Asleep" track listing:

01. Trapped Inside My Mind
02. The Touch Of Reality
03. Sick Of It All
04. The Door
05. Send Judas Down
06. A New Generation
07. Till The Sun Turns Black
08. For Those Which Are Asleep
09. Sometime Yesterday Mourning
10. The Last Judgment

2 more tracks to sample...

Sounds like a keeper to me!! The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black 604261

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 12:31 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I don't think so... the latest album is just like Simple Mind Condition, only with a different vocal style. The Distortion Field is a good album.

I didn't say it wasn't good...I said that The Skull, to me, sounds more like Trouble.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 12:41 pm

S.D. wrote:
Kory Clarke was terrible, but the guy they have now doesn't fit the style of the band at all, so in my opinion they are equally bad choices.  

Agree - my problem with the last album was the vocals - they didn't fit the music (IMHO), the music was good but the singer killed it for me.

Now, Those The Skull songs sound great to my ears!

Seems like a complete 180 from the Queensryche situation, where the singer got fired and the stuff with his new band sucks donkey dicks but the band put out a killer album.....
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 8:27 pm

The bright side of Trouble parting with Eric is that we get two bands instead of just one. So when one band isn't recording, the other could be putting out something new. And the sense of competition may also force them to keep their chops up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 3:45 pm

Been listening to the stream of this album on Decibel and I gotta say this absolutely blows the last Trouble album away, obliterates it.  By the time I got to track 3 I went directly to Amazon and ordered the LP.

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 5:27 pm

I like the last Trouble so much better myself. Eric Wagner was always the weakest part of Trouble for me. Never cared for his voice.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next