Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album

Go down 
+15
journeyman
Required Fields
mr.electric39
mc666
TheGooch
stepcousin
ghost
TrogDawn
Olafsto
MetalGuy71
stormspell
Thrasher73
Lurideath
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 10:12 pm

On topics of "Would they or wouldn't they count?", would Sadus count or not?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 10:18 pm

I would say that Sadus count.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 10:20 am

1.Metallica (Kill 'Em All - Ride The Lightning - Master Of Puppets)
2.Exodus
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 10:36 am

Exodus - Bonded by Blood
or
Metallica - Kill 'Em All

They both had a major impact on thrash in the beginning. Metallica's star quickly outshined Exodus, but at the starting line they were equal in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 10:38 am

journeyman wrote:
Exodus - Bonded by Blood
or
Metallica - Kill 'Em All

They both had a major impact on thrash in the beginning. Metallica's star quickly outshined Exodus, but at the starting line they were equal in my opinion.
and these days Exodus's output is stomping all over Metallica's. it's a circle. listening to music

jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 10:59 am

Have to go with Metallica 's Ride the Lightning. Then as honorable mentions - Death Angel's Act III and Testament's Practice What You Preach.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 11:09 am

Not counting this as a 'who was more influential, or who started things out first', my picks are simply my favorite albums from this scene. In order of preference they are:

1. Forbidden - Forbidden Evil

This album is a masterpiece. Simply put. It best represents the Bay Area sound to me and is just a classic album in it's own right.

2. Exodus - Fabulous Disaster

3. Testament - The Legacy

4. Metallica - ... And Justice for All

5. Metallica - Master of the Puppets

6. Metallica - Ride the Lightning

7. Testament - New Order

8. Testament - Practice What You Preach

9. Exodus - Pleasures of the Flesh

10. Metallica - Kill Em All

There's my top 10.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 11:14 pm

Master of Puppets for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 11:36 pm

Out of the ones listed, I will go with Master Of Puppets. I love every single song on that album. Second would be Souls of Black and third is Fabulous Disaster. Granted, apart from all Metallica and Testament, Void Terra Firma, and Fabulous Disaster; I never heard the other band's music. I love(d) all the albums that I have listened to that were mentioned though. Every Metallica and Testament album are great and I will add those that I no longer have in the future. Same goes with Fabulous Diaster and Void Terra Firma (got rid of those when I became a Christian Sad ).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 11:43 pm

Ride The Lightning
Master Of Puppets
Practice What You Preach
Bonded By Blood
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 6:36 am

all the metallica albums listed are classic discs as it eternal nightmare
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 3:50 am

Exodus hands down!! They have matured the most of all metal bands in that area, and Metallica sucks and are lazy now...Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album - Page 2 Exodus_Exhibit_newsFavorite Bay Area Thrash Album - Page 2 Black-1132655252_i_1998
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 3:53 am

Something unexplainable happened to Metallica after the black album, wicked before - pretty lame after. They got lazy and greedy sick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 7:06 am

Metallkaninchen wrote:
Exodus hands down!! They have matured the most of all metal bands in that area, and Metallica sucks and are lazy now...

Well to be honest, if Metallica took 12 years between studio albums like Exodus did (Force of Habit 1992-Temple of the Damned 2004), their output could have been better. But they had that whole "biggest metal band in the world" thing to deal with in the early 90's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2