Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album

Go down 
+15
journeyman
Required Fields
mr.electric39
mc666
TheGooch
stepcousin
ghost
TrogDawn
Olafsto
MetalGuy71
stormspell
Thrasher73
Lurideath
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 12:25 pm

let's have a look at the contenders

Metallica - Kill 'Em All
Ride the Lightning
Master of Puppets
...And Justice For All

Exodus - Bonded By Blood
Pleasures of the Flesh
Fabulous Disaster
Impact is Imminent

Laaz Rockit - City's Gonna Burn
No Stranger to Danger
Know Your Enemy
Annihilation Principle
Nothing's Sacred

Hexx - No Escape
Under the Spell
Quest for Sanity (EP)
Morbid Reality

Possessed - Seven Churches
Beyond the Gates
Eyes of Horror (EP)

Ulysses Siren - Above the Ashes

Death Angel - The Ultra-Violence
Frolic Through the Park
Act III

Testament - The Legacy
The New Order
Practice What You Preach
Souls of Black

Blind Illusion - The Sane Asylum

Heathen - Breaking the Silence
Victims of Deception

Forbidden - Forbidden Evil
Twisted into Form

Vio-lence - Eternal Nightmare
Oppressing the Masses

Defiance - Product of Society
Void Terra Firma

Mordred - Fool's Game

For me Ride the Lightning, though Bonded By Blood, The Legacy, Breaking the Silence and Eternal Nightmare all come very, very close.

Edited to include Laaz Rockit. After some research I realized they hail from Oakland, like Testament.

Last edited by on Thu May 31, 2007 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 12:29 pm

Would Dark Angel also be included?

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 12:39 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Would Dark Angel also be included?

Personally, I would say no. Dark Angel, along with Slayer, Laaz Rockit and Hirax often get lumped in with the Bay Area tag even though they are all from California. I think Megadeth re-located to LA hence they shouldn't go under Bay Area but I could be wrong.

Edit: Laaz Rockit are indeed from the Bay.

Last edited by on Thu May 31, 2007 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 12:48 pm

If I eliminated the first three Metallica albums, I would go with Bonded by Blood. Every song a masterpiece!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 12:52 pm

It's hard to pick only one because there were so many great ones, but I think I might have to go with TESTAMENT - "The Legacy".
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 1:03 pm

Laaz Rockit is from the Bay Area so why wouldn't they be included? Where's Epidemic in that list? You missed a lot! My vote isn't on the list and that is
Dekapitator - We Will Destroy... You Will Obey
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 1:44 pm

Metallica - Kill 'Em All
It was the one that started it all IMO. Exodus came first, but Metallica actually had a full length album before Exodus. Kill 'Em All was also my first thrash album. I bought it as a new release in high school after loving their track on Metal Massacre.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 1:45 pm

Sorry,too hard to pick just one.Depends on the day.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 2:07 pm

One of those 3:

Testament - The Legacy
Forbidden - Forbidden Evil
Metallica - Ride the Lightning
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 2:08 pm

Metallica for me. Despite what they've since become, they were the 1st and the best of the genre in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 2:32 pm

Metallica for sure!
Hard to pick one album, but I think I`ll go with St Anger
lol! lol! Laughing very hard
After a long hard think I desided on RIDE THE LIGHTENING instead🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 3:28 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Laaz Rockit is from the Bay Area so why wouldn't they be included? Where's Epidemic in that list? You missed a lot! My vote isn't on the list and that is

Well excuse me. I edited my post to add Laaz Rockit before your posting. And I was bound to forget one or two. Good thing I forgot the oh so well-known Epidemic rather than Metallica or Testament.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 11:53 pm

decapitate wrote:
Lurideath wrote:
Well excuse me. I edited my post to add Laaz Rockit before your posting. And I was bound to forget one or two. Good thing I forgot the oh so well-known Epidemic rather than Metallica or Testament.
Don't mind Lurideath, he's always crotchety. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 3:53 am

Metallica - Master of Puppets
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 5:24 am

most of the ones responded to are awesome, and very hard to choose a fave.

but just to be different and choose one nobody else has, Ill choose:

Heathen-Breaking The Silence. I always loved that album. Ya know, everyone has that one or two albums that most people like but dont love and you never understood why more people didnt love it as much as you did. well, That album was it for me.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 5:57 am

I will exclude Metallica as they are my favourite band so i shall give something else a chance and my vote goes to Eternal Nightmare by Vio-lence what a masterpiece!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 10:21 am

TheGooch wrote:
I will exclude Metallica as they are my favourite band so i shall give something else a chance and my vote goes to Eternal Nightmare by Vio-lence what a masterpiece!

Good choice. I was listening to that one just yesterday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 6:50 pm

After reading about the whole Possessed scene, I dug there drudgy metal gurgle...it was 1985 man, they could been session players for WHAM! but no....Possessed they were~!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 5:34 pm

If I'm judging by my reaction when I first heard it and/or the 'emotional response' it gets:
then
Metallica--KeA and RtL

But judging by which ones I play the most:
Testament--The New Order
Death Angel--Act III
Heathen--Victims of Deception (this is the hands-down winner)
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 9:14 pm

i guess my all time favorite bay area album would be Slayers Reign In Blood or Possesseds Seven Churches

Last edited by on Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/mc666

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 6:37 am

metallica-master of puppets
metallica-ride the lightning
metallica-...and justice for all
slayer-reign in blood
testament-practice what you preach
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 7:05 am

Forbidden Evil for me, although as stated before there are so many classics to choose from.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2007 3:40 pm

Exodus' Bonded by Blood! This album is *THEE* *THRASH* *ASSAULT*
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 11:27 pm

mc666 wrote:
i guess my all time favorite bay area album would be Slayers Reign In Blood or Possesseds Seven Churches

Slayer were from L.A.... Megadeth were from L.A. after Mustaine got booted from Metallica he went back to L.A......

Must agree with Ult.... KILL 'EM ALL..... the first one, no one else I knew liked it, so it had to be a masterpiece !!!!

SEEK AND DESTROY !!!!!

🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 10:06 pm

I forgot how awesome Heathen's Breaking The Silence is until I recently got it on CD. But this is the hardest decision to make. Its like picking a favorite child. Too hard. Brain Hurting, must.....take....nap.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album   Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Bay Area Thrash Album
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next