Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fans of STORMWITCH?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Fans of STORMWITCH? Empty
PostSubject: Fans of STORMWITCH?   Fans of STORMWITCH? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 8:52 am

I am listening to one of my STORMWITCH vinyls, TALES OF TERROR and just wanted to know if their is any fan of this band on this forum. I love them very much and have all their lps and cd´s. FANS??????????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans of STORMWITCH?   Fans of STORMWITCH? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 2:03 pm

I love 'em myself, great band, they have released some classic albums over the years, and having Lee tarot on guitar for the early albums was a bonus too.

Their guitarist on the last couple of CDs (Fabian Schwarz) is staying with me here in Ireland this weekend coming, he's on a touring trip of Ireland at the moment.

my personal fav. is Stronger than Heaven followed by tales of Terror.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Fans of STORMWITCH?   Fans of STORMWITCH? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 3:29 pm

Cool Locky. Yes, STRONGER THAN HEAVEN is also a great album. I love THE BEAUTY AND THE BEAST very much too. Its more comercial with keyboards but with realy great songs like CALL OF THE WICKED or TIGERS OF THE SEA.
Together with LIZZY BORDEN, STORMWITCH should have made it very very big.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Fans of STORMWITCH?   Fans of STORMWITCH? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 3:35 pm

Along with King Diamond Stormwitch was my fav band ever during the 80s - awesome albums throughout, sans the recent reunion ones of course.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell

PostSubject: Re: Fans of STORMWITCH?   Fans of STORMWITCH? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 8:56 pm

Not a bad band. They've got some decent songs. I am surprised they aren't a little more well-known. I like their earlier albums more than their late '80s stuff, it's a little too commercial and cheesy at times but still very listenable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans of STORMWITCH?   Fans of STORMWITCH? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 1:28 pm

I am wanting to look into this band to see if I like them. Any recommendations as for a good album to start with?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Fans of STORMWITCH?   Fans of STORMWITCH? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 2:11 pm

Didn't HammerFall cover a Stormwitch song on one of their albums?? The name escapes me at the moment
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Fans of STORMWITCH?   Fans of STORMWITCH? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 3:01 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I am wanting to look into this band to see if I like them. Any recommendations as for a good album to start with?

Start with the first 3 brother, they are just increible. Also try to buy BACK TO ATTACK by GRAVESTONE.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Fans of STORMWITCH?   Fans of STORMWITCH? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 3:03 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Didn't HammerFall cover a Stormwitch song on one of their albums?? The name escapes me at the moment

Of course, on their first mini cd from 97. They did RAVENLORD. Also the singer of STORMWITCH came on stage sometimes at a HAMMERFALL concert to sing that song. Very cool.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Fans of STORMWITCH?   Fans of STORMWITCH? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 3:05 pm

krokus wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Of course, on their first mini cd from 97. They did RAVENLORD. Also the singer of STORMWITCH came on stage sometimes at a HAMMERFALL concert to sing that song. Very cool.

I knew the name rang a bell somewhere, even though i don't have any Stormwitch albums. Sounds like a band I should investigate though
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Fans of STORMWITCH?   Fans of STORMWITCH? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 2:47 am

krokus wrote:
I am listening to one of my STORMWITCH vinyls, TALES OF TERROR and just wanted to know if their is any fan of this band on this forum.

This is my favourite album ever!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Fans of STORMWITCH?   Fans of STORMWITCH? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 5:14 am

stormspell wrote:
krokus wrote:
I am listening to one of my STORMWITCH vinyls, TALES OF TERROR and just wanted to know if their is any fan of this band on this forum.

This is my favourite album ever!

Yes, its realy a killer album of pure euro heavy metal from the mid 80s.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans of STORMWITCH?   Fans of STORMWITCH? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 7:00 am

Well I have taken a chance and ordered several of their albums. I will report back later.......
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Fans of STORMWITCH?   Fans of STORMWITCH? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 11:30 am

spectrefate wrote:
Well I have taken a chance and ordered several of their albums. I will report back later.......

Thats great. Let us know when you get them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans of STORMWITCH?   Fans of STORMWITCH? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 7:47 pm

I have listened to them and liked them, but I don't have an album yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans of STORMWITCH?   Fans of STORMWITCH? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 3:06 pm

I got Tales of Terror yesterday. I love it! They don't make metal like this anymore. Great German 80's metal. I love Grave Digger and this reminds me of their early output a little. The vocalist took a bit to get used to, but I am looking forward to getting the others I ordered. I kinda ordered them all. Smile

I know they all dont sound like Tales of Terror, but its a good place for me to start.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans of STORMWITCH?   Fans of STORMWITCH? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 2:37 pm

So I have listened to all albums at least once now and have mixed feelings. I love the first 3. Tales of Terror being my favorite from those 3.

The mid period is OK. I think Andy's vocals suffer on ballads, but they make so many of them. Shogun is my favorite from this period featuring Eye of the Storm through Shogun.

The reunion period I like very well. Dance With the Witches and Witchcraft are very good.

The odd thing is the hardest part for me to get accustomed to was Andy Mück's singing, but now it is his singing which is the attraction for me.

I look forward to maybe hearing more from them in future.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Fans of STORMWITCH?   Fans of STORMWITCH? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 2:57 pm

Great you like STORMWITCH so much. You need to get ODYSSEY by TAROT´S MYST, a proyect by a STORMWITCH member. This was one of my fave cd´s from 1999. Realy a killer album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fans of STORMWITCH?   Fans of STORMWITCH? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fans of STORMWITCH?
Page 1 of 1