Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Load and Reload

Go down 
+17
Schbopo
mc666
SlaytanicPOWER
powermacho
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
ghost
T-Roy
sheets
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
Addy
Troublezone
sam
INVADERS
manny
fingers
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Load and Reload Empty
PostSubject: Load and Reload   Load and Reload Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 6:03 am

Been listening to these albums alot recently and I gotta say they arn't as bad they are made out to be sure they are tunes that sound too poppy like Unforgiven II but I blame mostly how it was produced if it had a rougher sound and the riffs were slightly crunchier with more punch it would be an excellent song. The main mishap with these albums are that they are way over produced and too polished and Metallica arn't suited to that sound. But despite that there are some smokin tracks like Aint My smurfette (even though the lyrics are abit corny), King Nothing, Bleeding Me, Thorn Within and The Outlaw Torn which I think is the best post justice song they have ever written even though it does sound abit like the 4th track from that Black Sabbath album Cross Purposes, Devil's Dance kicks butt as well, Better Than You which is my uncle's favourite Metallica song, Bad Seed is good but a complete rip off of Big Bikes by Kyuss, Where the Wild Things Are by the looks of it the last song Jason newsted wrote for Metallica, Low man's Lyric, Fixxxer is one of the best songs of those albums. Anyway I listened to the demos and they sound better well most of them particularly Devil's Dance, Memory Remains and Fuel. Also the songs of these albums sound amazing when they are played live particularly that Woodstock 99 bootleg.
Back to top Go down

Load and Reload Empty
PostSubject: Re: Load and Reload   Load and Reload Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:01 am

Quote :
I gotta say they arn't as bad they are made out to be

I've been saying that since they came out. I think they're both better than anything Metallica has done since...including Death Magnetic (which isn't "bad", just kinda boring).
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Load and Reload Empty
PostSubject: Re: Load and Reload   Load and Reload Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:09 am

I actually like the album 'Load' and feel it has alot of good songs, 'Reload' on the other hand I feel is a very weak album, I am sure we will discuss it further when we get to these albums on the Metallica thread.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

Load and Reload Empty
PostSubject: Re: Load and Reload   Load and Reload Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:09 am

I think they're are both very good albums.
Outlaw Torn is my fav song from that era.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Load and Reload Empty
PostSubject: Re: Load and Reload   Load and Reload Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:41 am

I find both of them to be absolutely dreadful, but I did enjoy the black album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Load and Reload Empty
PostSubject: Re: Load and Reload   Load and Reload Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:48 am

Two awful albums by a once great thrash band. They did good on the "Black" album sales wise so i don't know why they needed to go to the extreme that they did on the slow/mellow/basic Load of crap records.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Load and Reload Empty
PostSubject: Re: Load and Reload   Load and Reload Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:52 am

Load is my fav Metallica album
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Load and Reload Empty
PostSubject: Re: Load and Reload   Load and Reload Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:53 am

I don't dislike either of these albums and in fact, quite like some songs on both. I was HIGHLY disappointed when LOAD came out though. Metal was in a slump at the time. I anxiously awaited the new Metallica album and figured they'd crank it to 11 after the glossy self titled CD. Instead, they went for a more modern, alternative-influence hard rock sound. Then they went for that merry, short hair, suit image, when they had always been the band that didn't pander to images in the past. Being such a huge fan it was sort of crushing at the time and tarnished the band's image in my mind.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

Load and Reload Empty
PostSubject: Re: Load and Reload   Load and Reload Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:54 am

If you take the good songs off of LOAD and a couple more from RE-LOAD and put them together, you'd have enough stuff to make one pretty decent album. There is a ton of filler on each record though.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Load and Reload Empty
PostSubject: Re: Load and Reload   Load and Reload Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:56 am

Addy wrote:

My condolences
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

Load and Reload Empty
PostSubject: Re: Load and Reload   Load and Reload Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:10 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
If you take the good songs off of LOAD and a couple more from RE-LOAD and put them together, you'd have enough stuff to make one pretty decent album. There is a ton of filler on each record though.

That's how I feel about them. I like a lot of the songs but on each there are a handful that feel like they were tossed on there just to fill up the cd.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Load and Reload Empty
PostSubject: Re: Load and Reload   Load and Reload Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:17 am

Troublezone wrote:
Addy wrote:

My condolences

Why I happen to like it
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Load and Reload Empty
PostSubject: Re: Load and Reload   Load and Reload Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:26 am

Addy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Addy wrote:

My condolences

Why I happen to like it

There's nothing left to say... No
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Load and Reload Empty
PostSubject: Re: Load and Reload   Load and Reload Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:29 am

-shrugs- whatever im not seeking approval from anyone

I like it no I LOVE it
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Load and Reload Empty
PostSubject: Re: Load and Reload   Load and Reload Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:34 am

I've always REALLY enjoyed Load. Love the grooves and heavy riffs. I love Ronnie Brown, shoot, all of 'em are good on this one. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Load and Reload Empty
PostSubject: Re: Load and Reload   Load and Reload Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:37 am

T-Roy wrote:
I've always REALLY enjoyed Load. Love the grooves and heavy riffs. I love Ronnie Brown, shoot, all of 'em are good on this one. 🤘

Not a bad song on Load my fav is Outlaw Torn
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

Load and Reload Empty
PostSubject: Re: Load and Reload   Load and Reload Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:38 am

I can listen to both of them, but IMHO they are only lower avarage. Therefore I don't play them very often.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Load and Reload Empty
PostSubject: Re: Load and Reload   Load and Reload Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:39 am

I can agree about reload i havent spun it in years
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Load and Reload Empty
PostSubject: Re: Load and Reload   Load and Reload Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:42 am

Quote :
I was HIGHLY disappointed when LOAD came out though. Metal was in a slump at the time. I anxiously awaited the new Metallica album and figured they'd crank it to 11 after the glossy self titled CD. Instead, they went for a more modern, alternative-influence hard rock sound. Then they went for that merry, short hair, suit image, when they had always been the band that didn't pander to images in the past. Being such a huge fan it was sort of crushing at the time and tarnished the band's image in my mind.

That pretty much sums up my feelings on both albums. Over the years, I've come to better enjoy some of the songs, but not a big fan of either. If it were released by some other band at the time, I might have felt different. But they aren't Metallica albums, in the classic sense, to my ears.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

Load and Reload Empty
PostSubject: Re: Load and Reload   Load and Reload Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 am

I don't like either album at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

Load and Reload Empty
PostSubject: Re: Load and Reload   Load and Reload Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 11:29 am

I have good memory of those albums. The thing with the band is that they were good, and went they started to lack that magic after bob rob took over the band.

If the band wanted to represent what they say they created they should never try to go to what is popular and should never hired bob rock
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

Load and Reload Empty
PostSubject: Re: Load and Reload   Load and Reload Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 11:55 am

I think Load and ReLoad were the best "hot-rod" Metallica albums.

There are 3 major eras existing in the Metallica albums.

Thrash em All, Hot-Rod, and Post Hot-Rod.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Load and Reload Empty
PostSubject: Re: Load and Reload   Load and Reload Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 12:08 pm

i didn't care much for either of them. in fact i think St. Anger was better than both of them.

SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

Load and Reload Empty
PostSubject: Re: Load and Reload   Load and Reload Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 12:11 pm

mc666 wrote:
i didn't care much for either of them. in fact i think St. Anger was better than both of them.

Ouch!
Back to top Go down

Load and Reload Empty
PostSubject: Re: Load and Reload   Load and Reload Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 12:37 pm

Load is listenable but was dissapointing at the time. Reload is poop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Load and Reload Empty
PostSubject: Re: Load and Reload   Load and Reload Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Load and Reload
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next