Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heavy Load for d/load

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
steel warrior
Metal student
Metal student
steel warrior

Number of posts : 133

Heavy Load for d/load Empty
PostSubject: Heavy Load for d/load   Heavy Load for d/load Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 8:00 pm

Ok, this is one of my fave albums ever, so I thought sharing it would suit well.

http://rapidshare.com/files/152816577/Heavy_Load-Death_Or_Glory.rar.html

Enjoy 🤘

And I would like to see some opinions on it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Load for d/load   Heavy Load for d/load Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:23 pm

Hey thanks for that man.I'll give it a listen and tell ya what I think.
Back to top Go down
steel warrior
Metal student
Metal student
steel warrior

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Load for d/load   Heavy Load for d/load Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 10:15 am

well.... anybody? 35 views already lol!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Load for d/load   Heavy Load for d/load Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 10:41 am

I'm gonna let this d/l post stay, because this is VERY much out of print, and the greeks are making tons of bootlegs of this.

Here is what I wrote on my website:

Quote :
Heavy Load was one of the most cliché ridden bands in the history of heavy metal. They played true metal, with loads of Viking imagery, they had song-titles such as "Heavy Metal Angels (In Metal And Leather" and "The Guitar Is My Sword", and they were a part of the NWOBHM scene and sound. There was only one "catch"; they were from Stockholm, Sweden! One can say many things about these guys, but you cannot call them a copycat band. Formed in 1976, and releasing their first album in 1978, by the time this record came out, the boys was almost veterans. 'Death Or Glory' was Heavy Load's 2nd full-length album, originally released in 1982. It is a time typical heavy metal album. The production is of course not up to today's standards, but back in 1982 this was more then good enough. The songs blends heavy guitars with melodic vocal melodies. Ragne had a solid voice, but without the operatic falsetto used by so many of the more famous bands around that era. Thus making Heavy Load sound much more akin to the underground bands of the NWOBHM. Today this band is almost forgotten. But a die hard cult following, and the fact that their music hasn't been properly available on CD (at least not outside of Japan), have made the bootleggers crawl out to take a bite from the forbidden fruit. So what I thought was a legit Japanese CD version of this classic, turned out to be a high quality bootleg from Greece, complete with all the original artwork, lyrics etc. The only difference is that where the matrix number on the CD should be, I only found the band name.

Killer tracks: Something New, The Guitar Is My Sword, Take Me Away, Still There Is Time, Daybreak Ecstasy

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Load for d/load   Heavy Load for d/load Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 5:08 pm

Have this on vinyl that came with a free 7"single+poster. Cool heavy metal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Load for d/load   Heavy Load for d/load Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heavy Load for d/load
Page 1 of 1